PDA

View Full Version : Some of you mappers should have checked your maps better

*L*E*O*N*
29-11-2001, 12:05 AM
I found many annoying problems with about half the maps in Shooter's map pack 2 with 175 or was it 176? Doesn't matter. That darn short many brushes problem got me ticked. I could see through many of the levels doors, walls and everything. Otherwise I got problems where I couldn't start the level because monsters were put in the middle of the wall and stuff or mosters spawning in walls or disappearing and many problems. But they were still OK to play, but too many errors that weren't fixed or checked, whatever you call it.

Undeadenemy
29-11-2001, 02:11 PM
Isn't Shooters map pack that map pakc with several hundred maps in it? Don't worry about that. Shooter just took every crappy 10 minute map that didn't make it to the SC files page that was ever released for SC. Then he put them in a .zip and put it on Fileplanet. Those maps all sucked anyway so don't worry about them.

Mad Gonesy
29-11-2001, 04:33 PM
Spot on.

Generally.. the best maps are the ones you find in the installer or in any of the map packs you find on the site. The rest of them are un-supported generally for a reason. Sven doesn't let the maps through until they're pretty much bug-free and it shows.

Olfred
29-11-2001, 06:35 PM
Hmm, only good maps on the site ???

I have dl a map (forgotten name) and it wasn't good, r_speeds to high and some other things.

DeathBog
30-11-2001, 10:23 PM
Probably SpaceViking, Olfred. It has some problems, but is still kinda fun.

01-12-2001, 12:00 AM
I useda play that map ALL summer long with some ppl..hehe we played the role of a crew..:p I was da captain of course..

Honking Donkey
01-12-2001, 11:19 PM
i too remember playing sven viking quite a bit of fun. The r_speeds could have been reduced if that hyperspace thing was just a scrolling texture

Fungi
08-12-2001, 01:17 PM
The r-speeds arent too high on Space Viking, check them out, its having a big skybox around the entire ship thats doing it I believe.