PDA

View Full Version : Laggy Map Idea (never do this and release)

Undeadenemy
03-12-2001, 02:14 PM
I just thought of a great way to make a Rats! map. As I said, this will lag like crap and should only be done for personal humor purposes. Ie: NEVER RELEASE THIS! Ok, heres what to do:
1) Download a house prefab.
2) Open the .rmf or .map in WC.
3) Add it to your prefabs library
4) Select the prefab
5) Make a block the size of the mapping space available
6) Hit "Insert Original Prefab"
This should make the house prefab the size of the entire map. Now find a counter or something and put a player start on it. When you test you should get a leak if the house used an entities and should be standing (if HL didn't crash) on a gigantic counter. As I said before, this would only be for humor purposes so never release this.

Sampson
04-12-2001, 07:04 AM
Well, something like this has been done. Its a map by [CK]Havok. Its called Beanstalk. He made a giant block, and filled it with giant prefabs like 2 bookshelfs, couch, table, electronic push cart. Its pretty cool, but lags, and it seems like friction is on 99999 cuz you move so slow

Sniper
04-12-2001, 06:41 PM
You move the same speed. It looks like you're moving slow because the textures are probably extremely large.

Sampson
04-12-2001, 07:31 PM
oooooo, yah thats prolly it. The textures are so large there incredibly distorted

}{aVoK
04-12-2001, 08:36 PM
Samps....the map laggs cuz my server sux....u kno that....actually since the texture application is so......big......it reduces r_speeds.......well.........the maps fun.......its not really that laggy....i mean look at turkeyburgers......oh and tis called battlefield_fun......ill put it on showcase if u guys want me too....

}{aVoK
04-12-2001, 08:37 PM
oh and one more thing.....my map isnt the WHOLE worldcraft area....i didn't make it to be stupid. :)