PDA

View Full Version : Bob-o's adminmod plugin! plugin_ultraban

Bob-o
06-12-2001, 09:04 PM
Yeah, a publicly released plugin..
I will probably submit this to adminmod.org sometime, but this is just a working and tested beta... so report any bugs to me please.
No I did NOT write the entire thing from scratch. I took Yensid's banIP plugin and changed.. well... just about everything.

what it does:
bans the player by WONID, IP address, leaves a reason why in the ban file, leaves date and time in log file, and saves some important info in the ban file.
Ban file-banned.cfg (standard file created when you do admin_ban)

All of that info is graciously left in that one file instead just banning the person's IP in a seperate file than the WONIDs.

Why would you want this? Becuse it is much better than jsut banning by WONID... Why? it bans by IP as well, while leaveing this information in the banned.cfg.

What does the banned.cfg look like after you ban somone? Like This:
//Current Server Time: 07:37 PM
//Current Server date: Thursday, December 06 2001
addip 0.0 209.26.63.6
banid 0.0 1411561
//User:"NeoConker31" WONID:"1411561" IP:"209.26.63.6" Admin:"Admin" Reason:"Constant spamming, foul language and very rude to admins"
(yep, freshly banned an hour ago...)

"Admin" was like that because that is what is recorded as a name when the ban command is done from the server console. it woud reflect the admin's name that banned him if it was a command done in game.

Does this only work for SC servers?
Nope. works on any mod that supports adminmod.

I have a question..
I probably have an answer....

I found a bug...
TELL ME.. I need to know of any bugs before I submit it to adminmod.org

Bob-o
07-12-2001, 02:00 AM
WHOA do NOT DL THAT!!!! it's buggered out...
I used the wrong scripting command to EXEC the banned.cfg and it was trying to exec the 'command' "banned.cfg" on a player named "EXEC"
heh, lol

edit: Fixed..
One bug I CANT avoid is the use of admin_unban...
unban will erase EVERYTHING except the banid commands in banned.cfg.. IE: you loose the commented files and you loose the IP's...
I could have it write a copy of the information written to a different file as a backup incase a clumsy admin accidentaly uses unban... but it'd still be a pain in the ass..
attachemnt is updated plugin with pre-compiled AMX.

EDIT: Attachment removed because ths version SUCKS, Check new post.

djmrmagic
07-12-2001, 08:36 AM
Nice one bob, ill have a butchers!!

Bob-o
07-12-2001, 10:28 AM
"ill have a butchers"
I'm not to familure with all the UK-ish slang.... I know chips are fries and crisps are chips... and pissed is drunk....
(hey cool, this post was 777... heh)

djmrmagic
07-12-2001, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by djmrmagic
Nice one bob, ill have a butchers!! ==== Ill have a look

:)

Bob-o
07-12-2001, 10:45 PM
lol
remember, DO NOT DO admin_unban!!!!! it totaly screws up banned.cfg!!!!
(uNban.. not UBan...)
if you want to unban somone, do it manually...

}[]BlackMage[]{
10-12-2001, 11:32 PM
I don't mean to be annoying, but you *really* should sensor the guys IP...Sure, he was banned, but still

Bob-o
10-12-2001, 11:54 PM
heh, Who cares....
the idiot shouldn't have disobeyed me...
And who here on these fourms is going to do somthing to those IP's anyways?

Nomble
11-12-2001, 01:43 AM
a cracker (hacker) who loves destroying others stuff... Yeah maybe...

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
18-12-2001, 06:42 PM
wat about making it ban by name as welll?

Dude
18-12-2001, 07:07 PM
lol bob-o,i just use some admin_execclient cmds,hehe,fps_max 4,rate 1,kill,and if they are doing something really bad,the dreaded unbindall

Bob-o
18-12-2001, 09:27 PM
well uhm, that's kind what my admin_p does.....
cept WORSE:eek: MUAHAHAHA
all my admins have access to it, so watch out (even the highest level of access!!!)

Dude
18-12-2001, 09:57 PM
admin_p? can I have that plugin bob-o?
Whats it do,mess up their settings?

Arbron
18-12-2001, 10:05 PM
I think this is really cool. This way if someone e-mails you and asks why they were banned then you would have the exact reason and time they were banned instead of just saying 'You did something bad and I banned you.'

Bob-o
18-12-2001, 10:54 PM
I oughta put in what map it was on too, so if they were TKing in crisis2, it would say map:crisis2

But I dont feel like working now....

Bob-o
19-12-2001, 02:36 PM
UPDATE:
BUG FIX: admin_unban would erase a bunch of the comments because they were UNDER the addip and banid commands... (I hope I fixed it by moving the comments above the banip commands)
ADDED: currentmap and current timeleft comments

I think I have worked all the bugs out, but with all this stuff in there, give it a few seconds to ban the person, or else you will end up writing multiple bans to the banned.cfg
Precompiled AMX also included if you dont know how to compile plugins.

Bob-o
25-12-2001, 11:33 AM
REALLY REALLY REALLY GOOD UPDATE
100% working, script MUCH more efficent, it dosent randomly decide to not add a comment,
ADMIN_UNBAN WILL TOTALY ERASE THE BANNED.CFG!!!!!! DONT USE THAT. No way around it! (well, have ultraban write info to a different file, then unban dont work at all, which is good)
Read the included readme file for more info, I was going to post this last night at 3:40 AM, but I locked my router up completely and the only thing that was working was the ethernet switch, that's also why the servers were off ;\ (first trouble I have ever had with my router, that thing still kicks ass no matter what happens to it.

Anyways, this plugin has, well.. No bugs with itself. I rewrote how it decides if there was a reason or not, and it's less CPU overhead when you do use the plugin, so not it dosent sit there and lag for a few seconds, then suddenly ban the guy....

COOL FEATURE: intigrates with the OG4 and all that cheating crap-detection script, all you got to do is open the source, look for the strnig "admin_command admin_banip" and change banip to uban, so the line reads: "admin_command admin_uban" Works like a charm!

rushboy
26-12-2001, 10:35 AM
banning ip address wont work with everyone

remember every time you log on with 56k modem you get i new IP.

there for if they have a second wonid or more (like me(halflife,counter strike, stolen wonids of friends)) they can just reconnect after loging back on web.

Turrican
26-12-2001, 11:55 AM
Yes, but they would have either learned their lesson or will just be banned again.

Bob-o
26-12-2001, 02:53 PM
uhm, I dont mean to be rude rushboy, but that is exactly what my plugin FIXES
yensid's banip plugin just banned by IP (or something fucked up and din't ban by wonid)
Just look at the code... I'm not an idiot, I actually made it decide which function to use (comment\nocomment) faster than yensid's using else if instead of else and then an if statement withen the else, slower, more bulky that way...
also, rushboy, if even took the time to read the readme in there, which, obviously you HAVENT since there are NO downloads, the readme, well, Explains what the plugin does exactly and makes much more sense....
Look before you speak, or else you'l come out looking like a goober...

27-12-2001, 09:55 PM
Bob-0 I've been facienated with all the stuff you do but just one question.. what type of controling messing up are we talkin about..

Like defualt controls and stuff examp (Jump , duck )

Or more series stuff :eek:

Bob-o
29-12-2001, 12:18 AM
uhm, your thinkig of my punish plugin, which I simply wont let out..
the base was used off a plugin from adminmod's plugin page, I just spiced it up a BUNCH...

29-12-2001, 12:52 AM
but what do the orignal control screw thing do?

Bob-o
29-12-2001, 01:45 AM
uhm.. a little bit of the same..
rotate you, bury you in ground, and unbind all yourkeys..
nothing much more...

Malek
29-12-2001, 05:15 AM
Also bans you if you use the golden uzis or electric crowbar. (Just kiddin bob-o)

Rune "Viking"
30-12-2001, 09:38 PM
gee, I can see we have the christmas spirit already... :p

Bob-o
05-01-2002, 05:22 PM
hey come on, I havent use it on anyone..... cause adminmod dosent work :P
::COUGH::ANOTHER1MARK::COUGH::
Maby wargasmo compiled metamod wrong that's why you get a million 'can't find address' errors
maby not..
Who knows... mr.magi, did you get those address errors befoer you use the other DLL?