PDA

View Full Version : Demon Temple (new with screenshots!)

Undeadenemy
16-12-2001, 12:32 PM
As I said in my other thread about my map sc_temple, I have restarted the map so that I could get better arcitechure and did a few things differently. I'm gonna push to get it released around the same time as 2.0 so that you guys can enjoy it with that. Maybe, they will let me put the map in the 2.0 final mappack if people like it enough. Anyways, on to the screenshots, theres 3 of them so please wait until I post them all to reply.
(note: you can't really see anything in that unless you lean to either side. Might just be the glare in the computer area though so it may not apply.)

Undeadenemy
16-12-2001, 12:34 PM
Heres the second picture.

Undeadenemy
16-12-2001, 12:34 PM
And heres the third picture, get to posting feedback!

DeathBog
16-12-2001, 11:35 PM
Sorry to say it, but I could've made that in about 5 seconds.

Undeadenemy
17-12-2001, 01:00 PM
Ya I know I did have the whole map made out but due to WC freezing for no reason I had to restart it. Not sure what looks so quick about that, can you be more specific?

Arbron
18-12-2001, 08:50 PM
Looks...interesting. May I suggest that you get some lighter pictures.

Undeadenemy
18-12-2001, 08:59 PM
Its just the jpg format they're in. That makes them look darker than they are.

Undeadenemy
19-12-2001, 07:03 PM
Heres another shot of Temple. I'm really gonna try to get it released along around the time 2.0 is. Wish me luck.

DeathBog
19-12-2001, 08:21 PM
The fourth jpg is a lot better.
I said that because all it was was a hollowed brush, an orange light, and an alien_slave!

Undeadenemy
19-12-2001, 09:25 PM
not sure why you're going all negative on my map lately Deathbog. You seemed interested in it the first time around. I don't know what your talking about with the hallowed brushes. There aren't any hallowed brushes in my map at all. Everything in my map was built individually by me. The only outside thing I've even used are the textures.

Sniper
19-12-2001, 10:45 PM
What I suggest is to add more lighting. It's a little too dark.

Everyone likes lights. :p

Undeadenemy
19-12-2001, 11:19 PM
The problem with that is that if I add another light in most of my rooms then I'll have too much. Like I said, the JPG's make it seem a lot darker than it is. I've already changed the bridge are to where it has 2 more lights for one thing and am working on some other stuff as well.

Malek
20-12-2001, 01:06 AM
Well I personally like em... and don't add to many new lights, I'd suggest intensifing the ones you have... but that's just me....

Deathbog, lighten up on the guy... sheesh.

Undeadenemy
20-12-2001, 03:09 PM
Don't worry I'm not adding lights. In my old version there were too many lights and e_polys were killed. So now I have half the lights and half the r_speeds.

DeathBog
22-12-2001, 01:16 PM
Did you guys look at the first three jpgs? All it was was a slave standing in front of an orange light!
The fourth jpg, on the other hand, was an example of excellent architecture! Don't get all defensive! I was just saying that the first three pics did not show much!

Undeadenemy
22-12-2001, 01:43 PM
I'm not getting defensive Deathbog. In fact you are right about that pic. It wasn't a good one to take because it doesn't show anything good in it. I only took it because the slave lighting the area looked cool.

Sniper
22-12-2001, 03:21 PM
After messing around with my TNT2 Color correction settings and hacking the brightness way up, I was able to see the screenshots.

The architecture in all of the screenshots seems pretty good to me. However, there must be more light. It is pitch black if I don't hack my tnt2 color correction settings.

The architecture is good, just make the map brighter. Please.

Arbron
22-12-2001, 07:43 PM
I tested the map and it looks much better ingame. The bridge looks good too.

Undeadenemy
23-12-2001, 07:50 PM
Ya like Arbron said it really does look a lot better ingame. Believe me theres plenty of light it just looks dark because of the way JPG format is. Don't worry, I'm taking care of you guys. :)

Undeadenemy
09-01-2002, 10:02 PM
Been working on the map some more after taking a break from it. It will probably be released soon to testers and then to the public shortly after.

killerdude18
10-01-2002, 05:56 PM
oooohhhh......Can I beta test it?

Sushi
11-01-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Sniper
Everyone likes lights. :p

Sniper: Not everyone does, sniper. Well, at least in the morning. And think of the bats,vampires, and other nocturnal creatures real/fantasy roaming around.

Im looking forward to the map. More lights. Or you can have someone make a torch. Or just use a flashlight.

Undeadenemy
12-01-2002, 09:48 PM
Well luckily for everyone you do have the flashlight. However, the torch lighting isn't that bad. More lights = delayed release due simply to compile times.