PDA

View Full Version : Donation worry

your evil twin
02-01-2005, 08:45 PM
I made a donation a week or two ago and I sent an e-mail to Sven, and I haven't had any sort of reponse yet. I'm just wondering, is that what usually happens? :) Just in case Sven gets $4 in his account and doesn't actually notice...

SimonS
03-01-2005, 08:32 AM
I haven't seen electric crowbars or gold Uzis for AGES, do the donation people still exist?

AJ53
03-01-2005, 08:54 AM
well, my only problem with the mod's current donation system is that you don't see rewards until the next update, rather than NS's system where they have a list that can be updated whenever. However, seeing as it's the donation that should count and not the reward... Anyway, yeah, they do. I know Turr is, for one. It's just it's been so long between updates that no one new has joined the ranks yet.

^DiZnEy^
03-01-2005, 10:17 AM
Sven Viking is very busy at the moment I think, but he will reply.

I haven't seen electric crowbars or gold Uzis for AGES, do the donation people still exist?
Just incase your only playing on entmod servers, as it`s the only places I`ve seen you, people who donates are usually the people who only plays normal.

Snipe-Hunter
03-01-2005, 05:18 PM
im waiting for the next version before i can use them <_<

Sven Viking
03-01-2005, 05:42 PM
Sorry, just been ultra-busy, got behind on sending out donation e-mails :/.

Matriarch
03-01-2005, 06:12 PM
im waiting for the next version before i can use them <_<
same :D

Qwerty
03-01-2005, 07:33 PM
I was sopossed to have mine for this version but my SteamID changed so I'll get it in the next version. :(

ColdFFF
04-01-2005, 04:07 PM
Im sure I asked this in a thread ages ago, but 3.5 is going to be the full Steam integrated version isnt it?
If it is then adding the donator people to the lists would be done after much smaller intervals (weekly/monthly perhaps?)

cscarlet
04-01-2005, 04:19 PM
that depends on if valve move their arse, anyways next time i see you i will turn my crowbar on and whack you

EvilPentaPenguin
04-01-2005, 04:19 PM

I have had them since 2.0F and play nearly almost everyday on The Transparent Pickle...

ColdFFF
05-01-2005, 09:50 AM
that depends on if valve move their arse, anyways next time i see you i will turn my crowbar on and whack you

Ill whack you back with mine then :p

GinemaX
24-01-2005, 08:55 PM
Hm, So I was wondering about the donations and help, I'm actually interested in donating a decent worth's amount of money (nothing else to spend it on just a few hundred sitting around) but i'm wondering if this really does increase work development and etc..., I kinda want to know whats going to happen to it, i'm really leaning towards donating.

Edcrab
24-01-2005, 10:08 PM
This page (http://www.svencoop.com/support.php) helps explain the donation dynamic a little more. To summarise the obvious, the donations are used to keep the mod going- in the past, so rumour has it, the community has helped replace burnt-out computer components and, most memorably, pay for the forum we're currently using.