PDA

View Full Version : wat is this env_sentence

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
18-12-2001, 02:43 PM
i found a env_senntence and found a bit in the properties saying hello.my.freeman inn a sentence bit inside the properties and so decided it was a easy way of making that vox thing speak (if not dat tell me?) and so me set it a name and set a trigger_ounce to triggger its name and ran it up and NOOO SOUND! and not a words that come up on ur hev suit hud either,

so wat da hell is it and how do u use it?

Mad Gonesy
18-12-2001, 04:04 PM
/thwack

None of the new entities work with 1.9 smartass!

You are spot on with the entity tho', instead of having to modify the sentences.txt file in the sound folder, mapper can instead just trigger it a customised sentence by setting the sounds up in their preferred order within the entity properties, similar to a ambience_generic.

You simply set what you want it to say along with the other settings, then trigger it when you want the sentence to play.

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
18-12-2001, 05:32 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, yyees i see now tahanks u madooy jonnsee 1.9 duuuh me dumb or mabye jus drunk but not in game!

being drunk slows donw ur reaction time ya know?

well anyway hmmm nice idea their vox has TONES of words and we`ll make it say all the wonderfull tihngs that we need, nice one :D

Sven Viking
18-12-2001, 06:07 PM
Not sure that the env_sentence will work in this beta.

Arbron
18-12-2001, 08:59 PM
I think the env_setance is a great new entity. That way people with maps won't have to keep including new sentance files.

Bob-o
18-12-2001, 09:26 PM
that or make 9 million ambient_Gnenerics and hundreds of tests to get the timing right ::osprey falls victim::
Security.... Level... 2....

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
22-12-2001, 09:44 AM
nope.. it dont work, well it dont on my cmp anyway
jus gives me a nice big fat jiucy error!

Lord Booga
27-12-2001, 09:35 AM
If you're looking for something amusing, try triggering the NA10 thru to NA18 sentences :)