PDA

View Full Version : Sven Co-op offline?

edordead
15-01-2005, 08:07 AM
this may seem a bit of a stupid question but is it possible to play sven co-op offline? A mate has HL but no internet connection and I wondered if it would work, be playable or be a total waste of time.

Hezus
15-01-2005, 08:51 AM
Well, yes. You can just start your copy of Steam in offline mode (or just play without steam with regular HL installation). Then just start a LAN game and you are ready to play it singleplayer. Altho some maps need at least 2 players to complete, but on most maps you`ll be fine.

[Ruger]stifi
16-01-2005, 12:43 PM
is that tru? Play svencoop offline !

Qwerty
16-01-2005, 03:18 PM
STEAM(TM) REQUIREMENTS AND OFFLINE MODE
A Steam account is required to play Half-Life 2 and an internet connection is required to create and use your Steam account. During installation you will be prompted to create your Steam account and validate your CD key, once this is complete you can play Half-Life 2. An "Offline Mode" will also be available if the "Remember my password" box is checked on the Steam login screen.

Offline Mode will not be available and an internet connection will be required if:
1.) You do not select the "Remember my password" option on the login screen
2.) You choose to login as a different user
3.) You check "Don't save account information on this computer" on the Steam Account Settings screen From my quick reference card.

edordead
31-01-2005, 06:59 AM
Thanks guys, I've got to say, with only one person it's really hard!

cscarlet
31-01-2005, 04:04 PM
Co-Op means you play with other people to beat the AI, this is not a single player game and never will be

Cyclops
31-01-2005, 07:16 PM
cscarlet, take a chill pill. Sometimes, the best fun I can have is just ME vs the AI.... Then I got cable in my room, so I dont do it anymore...

If your friend wants to play SC on his own, be syre to warn him that he will be dying, and often.

But yeah - With steam you can connect once VIA internet, then ofline mode is open. With WON, just host your own LAN server.

If you want to play with him, you need to be using the same version (WON or Steam). Otherwise, its the same.

Mugsy2002
31-01-2005, 10:37 PM
cscarlet, take a chill pill. Sometimes, the best fun I can have is just ME vs the AI.... Then I got cable in my room, so I dont do it anymore...

If your friend wants to play SC on his own, be syre to warn him that he will be dying, and often.

But yeah - With steam you can connect once VIA internet, then ofline mode is open. With WON, just host your own LAN server.

If you want to play with him, you need to be using the same version (WON or Steam). Otherwise, its the same.

there are some maps that i could beat on my own. several. Like shattered, just give me a few hours.

and i could beat stadium too. just press the button.

cscarlet
01-02-2005, 03:50 PM
What I just voiced my opinion and I wasn't going OMG UR PLAYING BY URSELF ROFLMOA
a lot of maps have switches which require two people to press at the same time