PDA

View Full Version : map ider you think i shold do it?

Lara
18-12-2001, 11:37 PM
Hi I am a cs custom map maker I am not really into real strategy maps or single player type maps but I would like to make a map for 2.0 Beta I have a idea but I don’t know if you guys & girls will like it. Any way here I go. It there will be big bunker
With desert & cliffs out side with grunts I don’t mean little week grunts I mean like 25hps a hit or so and the objective is to shut down a power generator and destroy a sonar station and a guard tower so its kind of like a desert strike map if you don’t under stand me give me a icq:132416905 or email: briggsyuk@hotmail.com oh and pleas post what you think. I need to know if its good idea or not.
:):)

thanks Lara

briggsyuk@hotmail.com

*L*E*O*N*
18-12-2001, 11:53 PM
Sounds good to me, I suck at making maps. Any map is good to me as long as it doesn't have about 10 monsters in your face throughout the whole level spawning over and over again. Hopefully you will use that new Heavy Weapon Grunt because I'd like something hard, but not a mile away from the action so when you die it takes about five minutes to get back to the location of the enemy.

Lara
18-12-2001, 11:57 PM
Yes I agree I hate it like on crisis2 where you have to run for miles to get back to action he he

AntiBlockerzGrunt
19-12-2001, 12:07 AM
That idea is good and it sort of sounds like a map bunker`s plot/idea, but i like those as it`s like a "players on a mission" type.

Arbron
19-12-2001, 01:17 AM
Sounds cool.

Undeadenemy
19-12-2001, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by *L*E*O*N*
Sounds good to me, I suck at making maps.

I don't think its a good idea. The concept is good, but the map will lag. Too many grunts. Besides that, I get tired of fighting grunts. What he said about sucking at map making should have told you right there.

AntiBlockerzGrunt
19-12-2001, 02:56 PM
Well, instead of fighting grunts, why don`t they just make it have an assortment of enemies instead?
Grunts with Baby Gargs with Evil Barneys with HW Grunts with Female Assassins with Chubby(Just kidding:D ).

Just make it have 2 of each, that makes just 10 enemies to fight in the first place, right? So it won`t lag bad!

Friendly Garg
19-12-2001, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Lara

thanks Lara

briggsyuk@hotmail.com [/B]

Lara? ... welcome to the forum!
and the idea is great.. maybe if it is going to be laggy, why not make it only for greater computers? :confused:

(GIT)r-man
19-12-2001, 05:06 PM
Just don't allow a new grunt to spawn as soon as it's entry point is cleared (they move towards the action)
make it so one only respawns 5+ seconds after it dies...
& as someone wisely pointed out, as long as there aren't more than 10 monsters active in the map at any one time it should'nt be too laggy (as long as you've taken care of r_speeds)

Sven Viking
19-12-2001, 06:07 PM
Could always use assassins, grunts with assorted weapons, HWgrunts, and evil Barneys. Would add diversity without requiring aliens. You could always add a squad of friendly monsters that the players can release, or something, too. Example:

Squad of friendly assassins is trapped in a... jail thing or something. When the players show up, an enemy goes to activate a timed bomb next to the jail thing. If the bomb goes off, a hole is blown in the side of the jail thing (part of wall is breakable) and the assassins are killed...

Well, that wouldn't work perfectly, 'cos the assassins'd probably 'see' the grunts through the breakable wall, and vice versa, and they'd try to kill each other. Lets say there're bars instead of a wall between the bomb and the assassins... and there's a func_wall_toggle with rendermode to texture and renderamount to 0, which is deactivated /just before the bomb's set to go off/, so the grunts and the assassins won't kill each other before then.

Anyway, if the player goes over and +Uses the bomb, though, it's deactivated, and they can open the door and let the assassins out. Just after that there'd be a big assault, and things'd be a lot harder if the players didn't save the assassins.

Another idea: The bomb can't be deactivated, but it's a func_pushable (only trigger, very explosive). The players have to /push it away/ from the jail thing, and maybe into a nearby canyon or something, before it goes off. Or even into the middle of a nest of grunts...

Well, something like that'd be good, imho :). Might not be easy to set up, of course. If anyone wants to make use of any part of the idea, they're welcome to, anyway.

Lara
19-12-2001, 06:52 PM
Hey thank you all for your input :) I have started working on the map now I think it will be where the players have to blow up a guard tower and there will be assassins and grunts and things like that. Not to many though I will post a pic when I get more of the map done but for now I have a game plan but input is always appreciated :) give me ae-mail (briggsyuk@hotmail.com) or a icq:#132416905
oh by the way as this is my first Co-op map I may need some help with the entity’s later on when I start to spawn it. If you or familiar with co-op entity’s pleas post a reply:)

So if you told like to give me an idea just post it here.

:)

Thank you lara

Honking Donkey
23-12-2001, 12:54 PM
barnabuses could be like the first line of defence or act as officers (u know in most games the officers jus carry pistols)

Bob-o
23-12-2001, 06:30 PM
A. welcome laura
B. yes, if you ahve an idea for a map, MAKE IT!!! I (will) run just about any map that wont crash my server, and if the map isn't as bad as Starcraft (no offence:)) i'l probably run it, if you dont mind me editing a couple things in it, like adding weapons... :)
216.237.197.112:17017
216.237.197.112:27030 (temp beta overflow server, will be singleplayermaps 24/7 after a while, and port will revert back to 27018)

Rune "Viking"
25-12-2001, 06:10 PM
Since all of you are tired of fighting grunts(myself included) .. I have decided to finish my blackops map, with lotsa cool effects... ANd maybe bob-o will run it on his server when the map is finished in 2005 :P

MadBopp
25-12-2001, 06:22 PM
HEY! Welcome to the mighty world of SC! *hands over hockeysticks and beer tokens*
WTF!? A girl? Didn't know any girls was playing SC! *hands over rose to Lara*
Yes! Go ahead with that map! sounds good!;)

Phx
25-12-2001, 07:14 PM
MadBopp... there are a lot of girl gamers and at least a few here on the forums. This has been talked to death elsewhere.
Anyways I like the idea as long as we can figure out some way of punishing the players if they kill the hostages unless I miss understood you and it is just blowing up the gaurd tower(which is also a good thing:) making stuff go boom is fun)

Bob-o
25-12-2001, 10:15 PM
yeah mad.. "HEy, how tall are you? Are you blond, Hey you are actually a girl right, and not some guy just posing?...."
k, hey rune, unles the map sucks... well... SHIT, I'll run it... or at least allow votes for it.

Phx
01-01-2002, 01:39 AM
Dang it I think we scared her off... You still there Lara? I liked the idea.