PDA

View Full Version : Model replacement help

darklord123
20-12-2001, 09:03 AM
I have abosulotelu no idea how to do that model replacement thing i've searched the hole forum but i cant find any topics to help me.

and when you make a map with the models replaced when you copy the map to somewhen elses machine how do the models work on the other persons machine?

Turrican
20-12-2001, 09:07 AM
the model replace tech is in 2.0, and its not out yet.

darklord123
20-12-2001, 09:10 AM
But theres that FGD out

Turrican
20-12-2001, 10:55 AM
stuff like models arent stored in FGD files. Well its hard to fully explain. When you play TH the models arent stored in the bsp files, they are stored in a seperate folder. Perhaps each map will have its own subfolders in which the maps new models are stored.

Dutchtux
20-12-2001, 11:25 AM
Here is a list of the importend files you need to install a replacement.
You can replace Valve width a other directory-mod like Svencoop :p or action (Action Half-life).

[list=1]
Extensions Where to copy . . .
*.mdl (Half-life Directory)\valve\models
*.spr (Half-life Directory)\valve\sprites
weapon_*.txt (Half-life Directory)\valve\sprites
hud.txt (Half-life Directory)\valve\sprites
*.wav (Half-life Directory)\valve\sound
[/list=1]

A FGD is a file you need to Map in svencoop width worldcraft.

darklord123
20-12-2001, 04:34 PM
DO you actually replace the modles likie in the pak or is there a worldcraft button which does it.

Dutchtux
20-12-2001, 04:57 PM
I dont know how to explain it.
You use only the FGD file for making Maps width Worldcraft.
to replace a model you need to copy the files to the spefick directorys.

Zealot
20-12-2001, 08:08 PM
i think the way it works is you put your models in the models folder (better to make your own folder, e.g. models/darklordmap/monster.mdl) and i think that there would be a properties box in the monster or monster maker entitiy that would say custom model or something, just enter the location of the model and there you go!

i don't actually know, as i don't have the newest fgd yet but from what i've read in the 2.0 forums section that's how it works.

Arbron
21-12-2001, 12:48 AM
In most of the entities dealing with models there is a thing where you type in the model name.

darklord123
21-12-2001, 08:14 AM
Should'nt one of the main people answer us.
like wat his name sniper and viking guys

DeathBog
22-12-2001, 01:14 PM
First you navigate to the svencoop\models folder.
Create a subfolder called 'mymap'
Place the custom monster model (mymonster.mdl) in the 'mymap' folder. Also place the 'v_myweapon.mdl', 'p_myweapon.mdl', and'w_myweapon.mdl', in the 'mymap' folder.
Open your map in Worldcraft and double click on the monster you want to use mymonster.mdl in replacement for.
Scroll down to the Custom model key, and input 'models/mymap/mymonster.mdl'
Now double-click the weapon entity you want to model-replace.
Scroll down to v_model and input 'models/mymap/v_myweapon.mdl'
Scroll down to p_model and input 'models/mymap/p_myweapon.mdl'
Scroll down to w_model and input 'models/mymap/w_myweapon.mdl'
compile the map and enjoy!

Wow, I'm outta breath! Have fun with that info, friends. Me and Svenviking are probably the only people that have used any of that stuff, but hopefully, through this post some other people will start!