PDA

View Full Version : Model replacement help

darklord123
21-12-2001, 08:19 AM
How exactly do you use the model replacement you keep saying where to put .mdl files but is it like a button in WORLDCRAFT or is it like a frinkin something else.
A little help for people with no idea.

Sven Viking
21-12-2001, 08:43 AM
It's the "custom model" properties for monster_ and squadmaker entities.

darklord123
21-12-2001, 10:13 AM
Wat do you write in the custom model part for example should you write
zombie_barney
zombie_barney.mdl
or C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\SvenCoop\models\zombie_barney.mdl
Its confusing.
and where should the model file be.

Arbron
21-12-2001, 11:11 AM
Model/barney.mdl

Sven Viking
21-12-2001, 11:21 AM
Usually, if you're adding new custom models, you should make a new folder in Models (such as "mymapname"... e.g. "defendflag" or your map was defendflag.bsp. Doesn't have to be, but it's neater).

Then use "models/defendtheflag/whatever.mdl"... or similar...

Hope that was understandable.

cooleyo
22-12-2001, 04:11 PM
it was, but i keep trying for monsters AND weapons and it ain't working... i use "models/" and not "model" (as arbon said) and i add the .mdl extension. What could possibly be wrong?

cooleyo
22-12-2001, 04:19 PM
for example if i put models/mymachinegun/p_9mmAR.mdl in the "P model" field, it simply doesnt work (and so on with the V and W models) What is wrong?

Must i make it a monstermaker instead of weapon_9mmAR?
like a monstermaker which spawns a weapon_mp5 (as it is used in any cfg file instead of weapon_9mmAR as in WC) and then i type the right things in the fields, anything to help me?

(I am especially looking forward to Sven and Deathbog, mainly cuz he made a map using this technology)

cooleyo
22-12-2001, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Sven Viking
It's the "custom model" properties for monster_ and squadmaker entities.

I cannot see any "custom model" property, only "model name". And i guess its the same model name as in any other non-SC HL mod, as I've seen before. AM i bloke or is it THIS field that i must use?