PDA

View Full Version : www.Auscoop.com

StealthWarrior
02-07-2005, 07:51 AM
Well I wasn't sure as-to where I should put this, but if its in the wrong place, then just move it. This is basically just a link to our forum.

Me and my friend (Obor) have been playing sven co-op for a long time. I am one of those Australian Sven co-op players who has to choose between playing on a Asian, or American server. The reason is, is that there were no official, or infact almost no Australian sven co-op servers to play on. So I had to contend with playing on a American server on a dialup ping (which sucked).

Anyway, after playing it since it first came out, playing on a foreign server just became frustrating. My friend Obor decided to make the first Australian Sven Co-op community, and also the first official Australian Sven Co-op server. I came a long after a while and gave him some help here and there, and we have got up our website and forum, and we're awaiting getting our Sven Co-op server (which is sponsored too). Which should be up and running soon.

Well i'll get to the point, if your on here and your an Australian/New Zealand/Anywhere nearby where we are, and you want to play on a nearby server on a fairly decent ping, go here:

www.auscoop.com

We also will be getting a CS server aswell. I hope we'll be hearing from some of you soon on our forum :p .

*Edit* Well I also thought i'd add this, i'm unsure as-to-how I can get you guys to affiliate our website on your website, but I decided to add it here, just incase.

- StealthWarrior - Auscoop Mod.

Sniper
02-07-2005, 08:17 AM
Great! Now Sven Viking can play without lagging. (He lives in New Zealand)

Nice job on the website. I'll add your link to the page when I get home from college today.

macabre
02-07-2005, 09:11 AM
hooray for the aussies... i killed a frenchman on thursday...

StealthWarrior
02-07-2005, 09:14 AM

Nice job on the website. I'll add your link to the page when I get home from college today.

Thats good. I never knew any of the Sven team would be so close. Thanks for putting our website in the links section too :) .

tsy_4
02-07-2005, 10:49 AM
I really do hate being a twat and all and its a nice site however you've got a couple of facts wrong which i thought i might just correct.

Anyway, after playing it since it first came out, playing on a foreign server just became frustrating. My friend Obor decided to make the first Australian Sven Co-op community, and also the first official Australian Sven Co-op server.

Aus-sven was an Australian sven co-op community(and a server) that went up on the day of the 3.0 release. However it lasted only a couple of months due to lack of interest. Also Game Arena has been running sven servers for about 1.5/2 years now but you might not have known this since you need "The Arena" client to play on these servers. Anyways i wish you luck on your project and i might drop by the server now and then.

cscarlet
03-07-2005, 12:15 PM

Although most people seem to think Sven is from Sweden http://www.svencoopcentral.com/comment.php?comment.poll.23

Sniper
03-07-2005, 01:44 PM
If you want to find out what country everyone on the team lives in, just check the team page. There are flags for each team member.

obor
04-07-2005, 09:37 AM
G'Day people,

Im head of www.AusCoop.com and yes i knew it wasnt the first server or community :P ALl i new was that it is the only current one.

Anyway our server isnt far off, we had some difficulties because this guy only had a linux box...so we r awaiting him to get a win32 server box. Once he does we will get the server up and running.

Hope to see you all in our server + forums to keep the community alive! I know teh server should be popular if sven viking plays on it :D

Anyway pop into www.AusCoop.com for more info!

cscarlet
04-07-2005, 02:41 PM
If you want to find out what country everyone on the team lives in, just check the team page. There are flags for each team member.
Who would be bothered to look there (apart from me), we have thousands of leachers yet only 4 forum posters on SCC