PDA

View Full Version : Blackfacility

DjDemon
08-03-2003, 06:15 AM
Hi all !

My friend AGAMEMNON has completed his brandnew map.
I uploaded it for him and made some screenies for you.
I liked the map a lot. There are some new ideas and the
map has a good length. Hope you like it, too !
If you have found any bugs, plz report them.

Comments are definitly welcome :)

Filename: blackfacility.bsp ;
Packed size: 1MB
Unpacked size: 2,3MB

Screenshots:

Screenshot#1 (http://home.arcor.de/marc110/DjDemon/blackfacility00.jpg)
Screenshot#2 (http://home.arcor.de/marc110/DjDemon/blackfacility01.jpg)
Screenshot#3 (http://home.arcor.de/marc110/DjDemon/blackfacility02.jpg)
Screenshot#4 (http://home.arcor.de/marc110/DjDemon/blackfacility03.jpg)
Screenshot#5 (http://home.arcor.de/marc110/DjDemon/blackfacility04.jpg)
Screenshot#6 (http://home.arcor.de/marc110/DjDemon/blackfacility05.jpg)

And now get it : >>Download Blackfacility (http://home.arcor.de/marc110/DjDemon/blackfacility.zip)<<

TrEmPlEr
08-03-2003, 07:14 AM
WoW very great map i think its GOLD =)
i love the detail
and the map is good for 10-16 player :)
great gameplay :)

goanna
08-03-2003, 09:38 AM
Swear I've seen this area before? Oh, I know, Black Mesa, hehe. Not bad, monster placement could be better. I was able to see most of them ahead of time and take them out before they noticed me. Though I suppose it's difficult to hide them in hallways. Disk trap I've seen before but still got me, doh. Not bad captions, especially after disk trap. Didn't get out of room fast enough, as warned, had to stop and grab satchel, doh. Didn't get past console switches though, guess I need assistance there. Will post more later when I get help. Pretty good so far, ran very smooth, which is a big plus. Good lighting too.

Pyroclasm
08-03-2003, 09:31 PM
Wow, nice layout! I like the part with the glass skylight! But then again, monsters could be placed a teansy bit better.

Daza400
09-03-2003, 12:14 AM
i liked it no shitty monsters keep respawning without a perpose. really good acutecture i found no bugs.

>>>>>OTHER MAPPERS READ THIS<<<<<<<
No stupid respawning monster only xen creatures which telleport in

Rugal
09-03-2003, 05:26 PM
I liked it, but ending was pretty dumb, all you have to do is jump over the tank then ur finished

AGAMEMNON
10-03-2003, 09:22 AM
Its just a beta.
In finished version, there will be Music and I will kill the
"Jump over the Tank" bug.

Hezus
13-03-2003, 01:41 PM
Wow !! Really !

I wonder why almost no-one has played this map. I must say it`s really great ! It has a nice form of architecture and nice details !

But now, that GAMEPLAY ! Just perfect ! There is a real nice Half-life feeling in there, it`s like Halflife but then small. I really love how you have done that storyline ! Havn`t seen many of this kind of gameplay here. I really enjoyed it.

You might need to add some detail to the outside area and extend it a bit.

Why isn`t this in the Best of ? Someone should really test it ! Its really worth it !

NiGhT MoNkEy
13-03-2003, 10:59 PM
damn.... niiicceeee, awesome map, good detail ^_^

A|{i|2A
13-03-2003, 11:14 PM
I played thru your map just then and i must say its one fine map ;) great arcitecture nice monster placement and fun to play :D

KelpFarm2000
14-03-2003, 03:28 PM
This is so fun its crippling. It's long, too. It has scis to interact with and grunts and aliens so choicely placed!

When I played thu it I died 6 times. There could have been a teensie bit more combat, and a crowbar, but other than that, the only way to make it better is to add a sequel!

goanna
14-03-2003, 06:43 PM
Just finished your map and it was definitly a very good job. Monster placement got better, very good mix of indoor-outdoor fighting. Good lighting, architecture was good, map ran fairly smooth, a couple of laggy spots but not too bad. I thought it was quite fun to play, nice one.

seb
18-03-2003, 06:54 AM
whoa nice map :)
liked the layout and gameplay

AGAMEMNON
22-03-2003, 12:11 PM
Help me!
To finish this Map I need some help:
See here:
http://www.svencoop.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11812

Mad Gonesy
23-03-2003, 07:04 AM
Nice map, like the Black Mesa style and the storyline.

Shifted to best of.

The-Real-Game
23-03-2003, 07:15 AM
This map has the distinct feeling of been located in the original blackmesa throughout. The map contains some really nice architecture, design and a healthy dose of atmosphere. While there are a couple of texturing bugs here and there, such as on the elevator at the begining the level still retains a polished feel to it.
Gameplay on the map is pretty good with some decent puzzles and monster battles.
Overall a good map, deserving of its place in Best of.

Dr. Huxtable
23-03-2003, 10:58 AM
Yeah nice move Real game, its defently worthy of Best of map. Loved the map right when i played it, level was well made and textures well used. I was wondering what was happeing to the "Best of map showcase" it was kidda dieing with the lack of new maps in it.

nice one.

23-03-2003, 11:43 AM
great map! i will give it 9 out of 10!

DjDemon
24-03-2003, 01:45 PM
Now the time has come to release the Final version of Blackfacility.

New Version features:

- Tank Bug fixed
- some other bugs fixed
- included cool music, which reminds you a lot of the resident evil movie (you will realize what I mean when you play it ;) )

In some weeks there will be a Plus-Version of blackfacility released together with the sequel (blackfacility2).

Download new version here:

Download blackfacility Final (http://home.arcor.de/marc110/DjDemon/blackfacility.zip)

AGAMEMNON
24-03-2003, 03:51 PM
Yes, I think the music fits good with the Map.
If you agree with me: post your comments here.

I think of making a sequel and then I will include also some custom models in both maps.

Until then: Enjoy the music and the gameplay in this map!

:D

Felix
24-03-2003, 06:08 PM
5words

Secret Monster
Secret mosnter where

Comments.

MAP IS GOOD.i like the surface section its very well build the tank idea its great too.

Solid Salamander
24-03-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Felix
5words

What Secret Monster?
Secret mosnter where?
That's 6 words Felix... Anyway, this map is great and belongs in the best of map showcase without a doubt. I'll get the final now.

Pyroclasm
24-03-2003, 07:10 PM
OMG, Felix can't count :rolleyes: ! Anyway, this map DOES belong here, good going MJ.

TrEmPlEr
25-03-2003, 08:50 AM
LoL felix
^^

and i say 1word:

Woaahhgreatsuperfunnyfunmaaaaapppp !!!

--
1 word or not ? ^^

:p

-----
cya

AGAMEMNON
25-03-2003, 11:15 AM
5words

What Secret Monster?
Secret mosnter where?

The secret Monster is the Alien Controller appearing in the ventilation system after pressing the button.

goanna
25-03-2003, 02:18 PM
Liked the other version better, this one turned into a lag fest.:( :(

Solid Salamander
25-03-2003, 03:59 PM
No lag here.... I was able to play most of the way through before the screen went blank for no reason(Nothing related to the map, it's a problem I've recently been having with my computer).

Hidden
25-03-2003, 06:16 PM
Very nice map, I love the gameplay :)

*Off-topic* can you send me your shotgun model? :p

goanna
26-03-2003, 12:25 AM
Seems to be sound related, the lag I'm getting. Each time I played it, 3 times, the lag started at the same time the new music started playing. Could be something with my soundcard. Usually if it's the map the whole map is laggy. This map played fine right up to start of the sound track, which is too bad since I like the tracks.

AGAMEMNON
26-03-2003, 11:54 AM
Maybe your machine is to weak to play a map, which has constantely 600 to 800 polys...
:p

Honking Donkey
26-03-2003, 11:41 PM
5words

What Secret Monster?
Secret mosnter where?

Comments.

MAP IS GOOD.i like the surface section its very well build the tank idea its great too.

lol make that 5 words and 2 question marks

Rigel
27-03-2003, 12:03 AM
I LIKE this map. Although I got a bit of lag at one point, in the area where the scientist tells you how to stop the electricity. But I left that are and it cleared up.

I cheated to get past that area with the grunts. Couldn't figure the thing out, and was in a hurry. But I didn't get to finish the map because I forgot to turn off the time limit, so I will try again later.

goanna
27-03-2003, 08:17 AM
The first version didn't lag at all which is what leads me to think it has something to do with this version. It is possible my 500mhz HP and the old Voodoo3 2000 accelerator card might be having a harder time with this version if the poly count is averaging higher. I just installed some new drivers for Voodoo card I'll try running it again see how it goes.

AGAMEMNON
28-03-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by goanna
... if the poly count is averaging higher...

No I reduced polygons, Changes were the music and some gameplay editings (Monster placement) But I didn't add polys.

goanna
05-04-2003, 10:17 AM
New drivers sucked bad, went back the ones I had before. Might be my generic sound card. I didn't run into lag untill I got to room with the control arm. As soon as I activated the arm music coming on seemed be starting point of lag. From there on lag gets real heavy as if moving in slow motion, weird. Don't usually get lag that heavy unless through out entire map. Does the poly count increase after that area? The consistant 600 to 800 count you mentioned might be enough to cause it. Sorry for not getting back sooner was trying a few things.

AGAMEMNON
05-04-2003, 12:13 PM
I think your lag is caused by the music in my map.
Do you have the problem in other Maps with music, too?

Do you have Hardware accereration enabled on your Soundcard?

Your lag isnt caused by high polycount, because the polys are higher in some areas before the Lab-Room than afer it...

Maybe we can find a solution...

goanna
05-04-2003, 01:46 PM
I didn't think it would the poly count due to other maps that are a bit higher running fine. No I don't think hardware acceleration for sound is on. I'll check that and run the map again. No, I don't think I've run into this an other maps, as far as the lag goes. Like I mention in other post if I have heavy lag it's usually through out the map, start to finish; example: sc_max beta 1. Strange thing is the lag not being there in first version, which actually is what made think a sound problem. Sound was the main noticible difference. Thanks, keep you posted on I find. (Probably my sound card).

AGAMEMNON
06-04-2003, 05:26 AM
If someone else has the same problem, please post here...
Maybe it is also a map-based-problem...

Goanna...Which Soundcard do you have?

goanna
06-04-2003, 11:05 PM
Crystal WDM, no sound hardware acceleration. HP 500mhz pentiumIII, 256 ram, 16 meg Voodoo3 2000 video accelerator card, D-X 9.0.

AGAMEMNON
07-04-2003, 05:15 AM
...Buy a new PC:D

Or at least a soundcard with hardware acceleration.
And a better Videocard.:cool:

goanna
07-04-2003, 05:54 AM
In the works now. Just getting too far behind technology. I am seeing more problems as newer maps come out, not everyone but more. If Valve increases the capabilities of their Half-Life engine I may be in deeper trouble. As poly counts and r_speeds increase my hardware may not be able to handle it. If I can only talk the wife into letting me upgrade; "all women are mother-like". I'm seeing too many games from my PC Gamer magazine requiring a 1.5 ghz processor, a 64 meg video card and 256/512 ram as a minimum. Thanks!

cscarlet
08-04-2003, 05:25 AM
i know the feeling, just ordered a cheap gfx card just to play mafia but now i need to upgrade my processor, i need faster ram, i need a new hard drive cos of all the stuff i've downloaded since being on broadband, i need a new pc basically

goanna
08-04-2003, 06:20 AM
It's Sven Viking and the svencoop team's fault, they started all this madness, hehe. Has anyone tried to figure out how many maps have been put out so far? Or how much all this could of cost people if we being charged. A bit off topic ! :D :D

cscarlet
08-04-2003, 03:49 PM
erm nope, i only been with the community since the 2.0B sfx crash era

Corona
09-04-2003, 10:11 AM
I liked the map.
Could use some more overhead detail and more sounds at some places, but thats just a minor issue.
I didnt write anything down exept that.
Good map!

Toxic
06-11-2004, 07:20 PM
cant play the map...says it passes the max 512 entitys....

Ancient!
07-11-2004, 05:19 AM
it was for the previus version of svencoop.

Toxic
07-11-2004, 06:43 AM
oh...lol dang it

AGAMEMNON
07-11-2004, 11:35 AM
Yes... sad it is...

Qwerty
07-11-2004, 10:17 PM
http://img128.exs.cx/img128/6126/BlackFacility.th.jpg
"The best map for Sven Co-op...ever - period." -Qwerty

Architecture ::
0.0 out of 5.0

Texture Usage ::
0.0 out of 5.0

Gameplay ::
0.0 out of 5.0

Fun Factor ::
0.0 out of 5.0

Overall Rating ::
0.0 out of 5.0

Would be kind of nice if the problem that I get could be fixed. I'd like to play this map, and I spent about 20 minutes downloading this.

Overall Rating Definitions ::
0.0 to 0.9 = Horrible, map needs a lot of work!
1.0 to 1.9 = Poor mapping, the majority of the level lacks effort.
2.0 to 2.9 = Average, needs some improvements and touchup in most areas of the level.
3.0 to 3.9 = Fine map, needs improvements and touchup in some areas.
4.0 to 4.9 = Very Good! Needs a small ammount of improvement or touchups.
5.0 = Excellent, Best Map of Showcase (BMS)!

Felix
08-11-2004, 07:19 AM
This is one of my Favorite maps, however with that 512 error I cant play it anymore.

AGAMEMNON
10-11-2004, 03:27 PM
Well obviously this error is caused by Svencoop and the map played well with earlier versions...

Since it is over 2 Years old I doubt finding my rmf's again, but I'll see.

Please don't expect me to fix the problem within the next 2 weeks since I have a lot of work to do.

But I'll post some more info here as soon as I suceed/fail to solve the problem.

sixcentgeorge
19-09-2006, 06:07 PM
i worked on this map a bit , so now it is possible to play it ;]
i used ripent to remove the flying alien and changed the heavy_grunt by a grunt and the zombies by gonomes .

Stoked
19-09-2006, 09:53 PM
Pretty cool.. now can you do that to sc_spaceviking2 that would rock

goanna
20-09-2006, 03:31 AM
I've never had a problem playing Black Facility, Spaceviking2 I do and not sure repent will fix it. There's a conflict with metamod and SV2 not sure about steam issues.

Nih
20-09-2006, 05:57 AM
Pretty cool.. now can you do that to sc_spaceviking2 that would rock

I second that! I tried doing it myself but I failed. It's something to do with too many map models. When I tried fixing it I thought it only counted actual .mdls, but now I know that it also includes entity brushes. That might help if you ever try it yourself :)

I don't think the map author cares if someone fixes his map, tbh :)

I'll try to merge the threads.

AGAMEMNON
20-09-2006, 04:55 PM
Well... I will give you permission to alter Blackfacility if it re-enables Playability under Steam.

As far as I remember Sven crashed to Desktop on Mapspawn without an errormessage... Thus I was never able to fix it. If you found the error, I'd be glad to hear what the cause was.
And if it works now... the better.

So, if the altered version works, I'm fine with that.
I should not need to remind, that it is still my map, though.

sixcentgeorge
20-09-2006, 07:31 PM
thank you AGAMEMNON , test the "ripentation" i did to it , Nih had put the file i posted in the general forum in this one , it is 5 posts above with explanation of the changes .
i worked on sc_spaceviking2 but it is not finished : there is not so much types of monters , so i think i will change some others elements but i did not made up my choice yet .

Felix
30-09-2006, 11:50 AM
Excelent, this was one of my favorite maps. I loved it, it gave you that "Half Life" feeling.

Rictus Grin
14-10-2006, 11:05 PM
Crashes to desktop on precaching resources everytime. Tried updated BSP but no luck.

tirexSIDE
16-10-2006, 05:41 AM
Host_Error: PF_precache_model_I: Model 'models/gonome.mdl' failed to precache because the item count is over the 512 limit.
Reduce the number of brush models and/or regular models in the map to correct this

Gives me this error :mad:

sixcentgeorge
17-10-2006, 06:16 AM
tirexSIDE and Rictus Grin , the map i posted does play ;]
may be you played many maps before this one , so the hl engine had reached his maximum number of known models in memory .
retry to play it after fewer maps