PDA

View Full Version : sc_bombrun (Subject to change)

Prod
04-01-2002, 05:37 PM
sc_bombrun is a map that I have many ideas for but haven't started putting together. Basically, you are defending a bomber that will look similar to the Marauder from Imperial Armor for Warhammer 40K. Naturally, on your way to bomb some aliens and marines, you are boared at some point in time by both forces, harassed by Xen ships and maybe some Roswell UFOs, as well as pursuing apaches. This map will include random elements to ensure replayability.

What would you most like to see:

Prod
04-01-2002, 08:29 PM
You can select more than one category. Please share your thoughts!!!

Sushi
04-01-2002, 11:08 PM
All of the Above. But maybe A LOT more honey bunches of death.

-[EZ]-2ltBen
05-01-2002, 04:42 PM
I'd like to see a map where everyone rides around on a func_train plane in a box that's just one big sky textured box and you go around shooting everything you have at Apaches and Osprey when you have them, have two stories, no mounted guns, and lots of ammo scattered about, give the players every bullet weapon in the arsenal(except for crowbars) and maybe some of the same planes loaded with grunts. The R_speeds might be a bit high but there's no crowbar fighting over stuff.

Prod
06-01-2002, 01:44 PM
It's a close race. Perhaps some of you should be more conservative in voting for everything.

Prod
06-01-2002, 10:12 PM
I just got a new idea, but can't put it in the poll. The objective in sc_bombrun is to defend the bomber. I was originally thinking of making it like horde, battling it out for 30 minutes, but then I thought: what if you could fail? I am going to try to make it so that if the engines on the bomber are destroyed, it crashes. I have numerous ways of preventing lamers from screwing this up. Does anyone like this idea?

Field Medic
15-01-2002, 03:58 PM
Your going to have wayy too many issues with crashing bombers, unless of course you design the bomber so that even if it crashes it can be reset and you can try to get to the objective all over again.

Prod
15-01-2002, 04:12 PM
The map will end when the bomber is shot down.

Rune "Viking"
16-01-2002, 10:04 AM
xen xen xen xen xen xen xen xen xen xen xen xen xen rocks!! :eek: :) :eek:

Mad Gonesy
16-01-2002, 12:16 PM
spam ban spam ban spam ban spam ban spam ban spam ban spam?

You've already been banned for a week caus of spam once Rune, anything else would make it your second offense..

Anyways, map idea sounds alright, the bombers engines could be destroyed through sequences, if the players don't kill a apache for example, within a certain amount of time then the apache would shoot rockets at the engines.

Prod
16-01-2002, 04:04 PM
I was already going to do something like that, Jonsey. :) Don't count on only the apache doing stuff. There's plenty of enemies to come around. Also, I'd like to mention that the map won't be the same, all sequences will be randomized.

Prod
18-01-2002, 04:33 PM
I should be able to post a screenshot from WC in a few days.