PDA

View Full Version : I'm Sorry... I'm a complete n00b

violadude
20-05-2007, 09:55 AM
How do you fire the hook? when I type in /hook, it comes up with 'votekick' options and the like. Plz help.

hydeph
20-05-2007, 11:39 AM
bind (choose a unused key here, such a C or B) +hook

so if you chose C

bind c +hook

Sph!nx
20-05-2007, 11:53 AM
Moved to correct forum.

SSCP
20-05-2007, 11:36 PM
Forgot the quotes hydeph...

bind <Key> "+hook"

bind alt "+hook"

Marb750
21-05-2007, 02:31 AM
Personally, I use the key I would use for the GRAV GUN from HL2 for the hook in SvenCoop (does that even make sense???) Anyway, that's what I do, also have to make sure you're not confusing the hook mod with the rope mod ... eh, whole different ball of wax...

when the hook isn't working and people are still "grappling" sort of, but the "line" is thinner ---> that's the rope mod. You don't get pulled in like the grapple, you can swing like on a rope from Oposing Force.

^DiZnEy^
21-05-2007, 09:30 AM
also have to make sure you're not confusing the hook mod with the rope mod ...

Meh, both causing instability.

How do you fire the hook? when I type in /hook, it comes up with 'votekick' options and the like. Plz help.

Other than the sollution that the other members have supplied you with, some servers screws it even more up to make it act for instance like a similar plugin called rope mod, not pulling you to the hook passively and stuff.

If you did the steps just as the others explained to you, you should now fire the hook while holding down the newly bound button, and you should be able to automatically and immediately dismiss the hook when the same button is released. Have fun!

violadude
24-05-2007, 12:32 PM
thanks everyone! i can now be like spiderman himself! w00t!

Pvt .T.
26-05-2007, 05:03 AM
It ruins some puzzles on maps though ie. boosting. Aslong as you dont use it extensively.