PDA

View Full Version : Help please...

xOr
03-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Hi. I Recently found my old Half-life cd and installed the game. Finnished the game and got bored. So I started looking for a mod and found Sven Co-op. Downloaded it and installed it. When I was done with the install I launched Sven Co-op and clicked on 'internet game'. Then it said I had and old version of the Half-life executable and it asked me if I wanted it to search for updates of course I clicked on 'Yes'. The Update program started and said there were no updates and my Half-life was up-to-date. I thought something must be wrong then I found a 1.1.1.1 update on download.com and installed it then update was succesful but when I tried to launch Sven Co-op again it didn't even open it said "The Half-life executable has been edited. Check the computer for viruses and reinstall Half-life". Well how the heck should I update Half-life without editing the executable?

My Question is what should I do to be able to play Sven Co-op? :confused:

Sph!nx
03-06-2007, 12:11 PM
Looks to me that you are trying to run a WON game. WON is no longer supported so I suggest you get steam (http://www.steampowered.com) and install hl through that and then install SC3.0

Good luck!

Marb750
04-06-2007, 02:40 AM
Just so you know, "Steam" itself is free (the games aren't). You must have a legitimate copy to register it through Steam. Even if it's an old copy, (and provided you still have the cd-key) you should be ok without having to buy or pay for anything else.

xOr
05-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Just so you know, "Steam" itself is free (the games aren't). You must have a legitimate copy to register it through Steam. Even if it's an old copy, (and provided you still have the cd-key) you should be ok without having to buy or pay for anything else.
Yes, I know all about steam. Thank you any way.