PDA

View Full Version : Sven Co-Op on non-steam (CD version) release?

thearkitex
18-07-2007, 05:40 PM
My friend and I both bought Half Life as part of the "Platinum Game of the Year Edition" (it came with Counter Strike, Blue Shift, Opposing Force, etc...) and we are not able to get a LAN game of Sven Co-Op running over Hamachi OR internet... is there any way to get it running without Steam, or a way to convert our non-steam versions to one that can run Sven Co-Op?

Ray Stanz
19-07-2007, 02:42 AM
If you bought it then you should also have a serial which can unlock Half-Life and other games you got with this goty edition on one steam account.

Silencer
19-07-2007, 02:17 PM
Why again would you need hamachi? I forgot. When I host a server with sv_lan = 0 anyone from
LAN can join per Internet or LAN and anyone from Internet per Internet. It works fine that way.
Make sure that you at least have port 27015 - 27015 open for your local IP adress. Without it
people cannot see the server in their list. Then it should work with any sv_lan option and with
and without internet conenction. The Offline Mode of Steam is buggy anyways.

thearkitex
20-07-2007, 06:38 PM
If you bought it then you should also have a serial which can unlock Half-Life and other games you got with this goty edition on one steam account.

when i enter the code, it says its invalid....

Qwerty
22-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Register on steampowered.com technical support and submit a ticket that Steam is giving you an invalid error. I highly suggest scanning in the part of your box, paper, receipt, manual, or where the CD-Key on your Platinum Edition is. Valve should grant you a Steam account with maybe even the whole platinum pack registered to your account (at least they will give you Half-Life).

When I had to reset my password after it's password mysteriously vanished, I scanned in the whole page that my CD-Key was on (and my receipt for my second Steam account). They reset both account passwords for meh. :D If use this method to prove you have a legally attained they should give you a proper registration onto your Steam account.