PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty

BrunoBarreira
30-07-2007, 01:16 PM
Hi! :) I just found this great mod and tried it already, it's great! The SP Co-op works just fine ;)

I have one questions though:

How can i adjust the difficulty of the sven's co-op single player to make it more like the original single player of the HL1 story?
I know i can change the settings on skill.cfg ...but you know :D there are too many monster settings to adjust....

Thanks in advance!

:hev:

Raging_Wulf
30-07-2007, 03:14 PM
there's a server cvar called "skill" which in original Half-Life is used to set the difficulty setting. Changing the cvar in svencoop on a listenserver will allow you to play with 3 different levels of difficulty in all maps, both SP co-op and the rest. 0 is Easy, 1 is Medium, and 2 is Hard.

Before doing that however, you'll probably want to remove or move away the CFG files in the svencoop\maps\ folder that exist for the SP co-op (c0a0e up to c5a1), as they all already have the skill setting set to "2" (Hard), and will typically override the server setting.

About the skill.cfg... As I don't actually know what the numbers from the original Half-Life are, I can't say which of the 3 difficulty settings would make the difficulty seem most like the SP experience, but I do know that both the number of monsters, the amount of health they have, and the amount of damage they deal, were made intentionally harder in SvenCoop, and even more so in the 3.0 release.

Also, you should try searching the forums for a custom ripent for the SP that's optimised for a smaller number of players, as that should resolve any trouble you may have with there being too many monsters.

BrunoBarreira
30-07-2007, 04:01 PM
Thanks :) I'll try to change the difficulty of the game then.
Much appreciated

anw667
02-08-2007, 01:39 AM
or you can turn on sv_cheats 1 then bind impuse 101 to a key :)

PLAYERSLAYER
02-08-2007, 01:43 AM
'atta boy, anw, oh, and hope ur fanfic gets viewrs (and i hope mine gets more :))