PDA

View Full Version : Error with my server

DeadlyWhiteWolf
06-08-2007, 05:00 AM
I just got a new server and i just uploaded about 200 maps or so. Some of the maps work but when i try to change the map to a new custom map it doesnt load and crashes. I put the maps in the maps folder, models in models folder, gfk in gfk, sound in sound, sounds in sounds....hmm any ideas guys? This has really got me stumped.

pcfdo.bat
06-08-2007, 06:07 AM
Sounds like a precache problem or missing file problem.
Dont you get a error message of somekind ?

Regards
pcfdo.bat

Qwerty
06-08-2007, 12:14 PM
If a map comes as a *.bsp, extract it to your /SvenCoop/maps/ folder. If it comes in plain *.mdl, *.wav, *spr, or *.tga files, then refer to the map's readme for installation instructions. If there are none, try to find one. If there plain simply is none, try extracting *.mdl to your /SvenCoop/models/, *.wav to your /SvenCoop/sound/, *.spr to your /SvenCoop/sprites/, and *.tga (or *.bmp) to your /SvenCoop/gfx/env/. If the map further does not work: then either the map was poorly compiled and debugged, you need to increase your maxplayers (see http://www.svencoop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33580), poor or no proper installation instructions were provided. Just extracting *.mdl's to the /SvenCoop/models/ folder won't even solve your problem (unless the mapper decided to contain all the map's custom models right in there, which is stupid and not very wise). *.wad files go into your /SvenCoop/ directory.

A proper packaging of any map or map pack should consist of only having to extract a SvenCoop folder into your half-life folder (overwriting your SvenCoop folder). If it didn't come like that, you may have to extract it to your SvenCoop folder (unless it didn't even come like that even). It shouldn't be very hard at all though. Where did you get these 200+ maps? I have a light hunch that some may possibly out-dated to work on v3.0 (though I kind of doubt it). Any errors on crashes?

DeadlyWhiteWolf
06-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Hmm well no errors its just when i atempt to change the map it goes to the scoreboard as if your holding tap or when a map changes, then the server sits there then crashes

DeadlyWhiteWolf
06-08-2007, 02:51 PM
And it doent seem like any of the mas came with.wad files. The folders all those maps came wituh are

Maps
gfx
sound
sounds
models
sprites
recommended_sounds

DeadlyWhiteWolf
06-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Just noticed another thing. When i hit start new game in sven coop i ick one of the maps i know doesnt work but then it works on my server. Hmm whats up with that do you think the problem may be on the server providers side?

pcfdo.bat
06-08-2007, 03:20 PM
Sorry, but it sounds very strange.
Did you try to look in your "logs" folder, and see if there is a crash error in the logs ?

To turn on logs put this line in your "server.cfg"
log on

And in your start command put this :
+logsdir logs

That should turn loggin on for sure, then there should be a "logs" folder in your server directory.

Regards
Pcfdo.bat

DeadlyWhiteWolf
07-08-2007, 04:20 PM
Could it be some maps are for version 3.5? I just realized a map i downloaded says for version 3.5 when thats not even out yet

* Play Information *
--------------------

Game : Half-Life / SvenCoop 3.5
Single Player : Yes
Deathmatch : no
Difficulty Settings : no
New Sounds : no
New Graphics : Yes
Known bugs : None

Qwerty
07-08-2007, 11:20 PM
Where did you get the maps from? There's no way you could have gotten ahold of Sven Co-op v3.5 maps unless someone leaked a few things, possibly.

DeadlyWhiteWolf
09-08-2007, 08:30 PM
svencoopcentral.com that particular map is thevoid....some maps seem to work while 70% or so of them just crash the server leaving no error in the log file.

pcfdo.bat
09-08-2007, 10:59 PM
Dont expect 100% uptime for a server, it will crash sometime.
I dont know the map "thevoid" just seen it on someservers there funny enough went offline some time after..lol

Regards
pcfdo.bat

Qwerty
10-08-2007, 01:15 AM
Well I highly doubt it was a Sven Co-op v3.5 map since it was available as a public download from svencoopcentral.com. But anyhow. D: Half-Life Rally is 100% unplayable due to an unknown error. It crashes to desktop with no errors (including within logs) upon loading of any map.