PDA

View Full Version : How do "kicks" work in SC?

release
25-09-2007, 06:31 PM
in other game's I've played, when a player is "kicked", they are either:
-kicked from the server, but can instantly rejoin
-kicked from the server and can't rejoin for X minutes (usually 1-10)
-or kicked from the server and cannot rejoin until the next mapchange or round.

found a very low ping, classic mode server hosting a map that I liked, and right when I joined a vote is called "do you want to kick release?" I say "uh?" and am kicked, but when I try to rejoin it says "You are banned from this server". not too sure what I did seeing how I just joined, but I'd also like to know how kicking actually works in SC for future reference if I ever need to do it

^DiZnEy^
25-09-2007, 06:45 PM
in other game's I've played, when a player is "kicked", they are either:
-kicked from the server, but can instantly rejoin
-kicked from the server and can't rejoin for X minutes (usually 1-10)
-or kicked from the server and cannot rejoin until the next mapchange or round.

found a very low ping, classic mode server hosting a map that I liked, and right when I joined a vote is called "do you want to kick release?" I say "uh?" and am kicked, but when I try to rejoin it says "You are banned from this server". not too sure what I did seeing how I just joined, but I'd also like to know how kicking actually works in SC for future reference if I ever need to do it
Might be a little confusing at first, release,

...though, it is just to avoid that a vote will be "wasted". :)
When one is kicked by console, which basically means that an administrator or the actual server host console is executing a normal kick command on a player, it is a pure kick. The player may rejoin.

The voting system has a couple of minutes ban to it. If successful, it might ban the player for up to 5-10 minutes, quite unsure for how long it was. Just letting you know that if this was a votekick, you will be able to rejoin shortly after. A brief ban is just given to prevent players from rejoining instantly, see? :)

Ps: I hate players who just start votekicks as randomly as it may get. Some say, not before you ask, that they clicked the wrong name. Meh, not sure what to believe. Pathetic players, they are. Hehe!

You should be unbanned by now. I wish you good luck!

release
26-09-2007, 01:34 AM

Crapaccino
26-09-2007, 08:49 AM
kicks work like this:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a271/JPolito/lerned2kik.jpg