PDA

View Full Version : German version of HL1 no gore-gibs

Mendozaman
18-11-2007, 03:50 AM
Hello, i need some help regarding the german version of hl1.
Changes include:

-Grunts are replaced by robots
-Almost no blood at all
-Gibs are replaced by cogs
-It sucks play this bland :(

These changes apply to almost all mods were hl1 content is used. Is there any way to fix this?

I've searched for gore patches but none found. I need help.

Lt.JC
18-11-2007, 06:22 AM
Hello, i need some help regarding the german version of hl1.
Changes include:

-Grunts are replaced by robots
-Almost no blood at all
-Gibs are replaced by cogs
-It sucks play this bland :(

These changes apply to almost all mods were hl1 content is used. Is there any way to fix this?

I've searched for gore patches but none found. I need help.

You need to replace the robos and cogwheels with the right models,I uploaded them for you here:

http://download.yousendit.com/ACFA715D2B53354B

And to activate blood you have to write this into the autoexec of hl:

violence_agibs 1
violence_ablood 1
violence_hgibs 1
violence_hblood 1

Mendozaman
19-11-2007, 10:43 AM
Many thanks, i will try it out now.

EDIT: well i got the blood working, but i cannot seem to locate the models that need to be replaced. It is the steam version of HL1

Lt.JC
19-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Just put them in valve\models, it doesn't matter if there is a models folder just create one.

If it doesnt work you probably have a models folder in valve_german, then use that instead.

Mendozaman
19-11-2007, 02:48 PM
I tried it via the empty models folder, no succes. Also, what is this valve_german youre talking about? Nowhere to be found. It's a real bitch to fix...

Lt.JC
19-11-2007, 07:39 PM
I meant in the half-life folder, I have 2 folders named valve and valve_german and it seems that the game prefers the valve_german folder if I want to use custom models.

Dont know if you have this folder but if not I can't see why this isn't working. :wtf:

Silencer
20-11-2007, 10:03 AM
I believe the valve folder is for all languages except german, which has its own directory for the anti-gore-models - God I hate my country... There was another one going berzerk at school last wednesday but it results in nothing but politicians trying to get rid of egoshooters, rap music, the availability of internet connections in germany and the color red.

Puchi
20-11-2007, 01:04 PM
i simply put the steam language to "english".
if you want german sounds, just extract them from the gcf and set steam language to english.

SharkMan
20-11-2007, 01:50 PM
here you go:
http://www.dailytech.com/Study+No+Real+Link+Between+Violent+Video+Games+and+Aggressiv e+Behavior/article9710.htm