PDA

View Full Version : steam problem

yoma
12-12-2007, 09:28 AM
i recently downloaded the latest version of sven coop i have never played or installed it before.
i am wondering if i need the original half life or i can run it with steams half life source?
if i can what directory do i install it to?
i have tried the \steam\steamapps\username\half life source
yet the installer fails to pick it up!
can anyone provide me with a guide to installing it with steam?
many thanks
--Yoma

oh and i have the following games downloaded:
hl source
tf2
hl2 episode 2

El Gringo
12-12-2007, 10:11 AM
Sven Co-op only works with the original Half-Life, Half-Life Source isn't compatible.

yoma
12-12-2007, 10:35 AM
thanks now i need to find my half life cd key!
lol

yoma
12-12-2007, 11:00 AM
right i have got hl1 installed and sven coop running but i cannot find any servers
i can find tf 1.5 and cs servers but not sven coop!
why?
thanks
--Yoma

Silencer
12-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Try to disable all filters. Make sure you uninstalled the incorrectly installed version in half-life source.

yoma
12-12-2007, 08:02 PM
i still seem to have some files left over in my steam folder
should i delete them or do i have to remove some values from the regisrty?
--yoma

ozku
12-12-2007, 09:43 PM
Make sure you have installed Half Life on to steam, then install Sven coop on Half Life folder.

Qwerty
12-12-2007, 11:54 PM
You installed Steam to C:\Program Files\Steam\ (this is generic).

Launch Steam, login to your Steam account, and make sure you have Half-Life downloaded and installed in your Games list.

Launch Half-Life and start the first map of the Training -- then exit Half-Life completely.

Download either:
http://www.bluetoast.org/files/Official%20Files/svencoop30full.zip
http://www.epicsize.net/hlrse/Official%20Files/svencoop30full.zip

Open it. You should see a SvenCoop folder, fmod.dll, and some readme.txt file or something. Highlight these three (or whatever else I forgot to mention), and extract them to your C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\<account>\half-life\ folder (or drag and drop them into that location).

Exit or shutdown Steam completely.

Launch Steam again, and login to your Steam account if needed.

You should see Sven Co-op with a Sven Co-op icon in your Steam Games list.

If you don't, you either did something wrong in the process of extracting (ie. where did you really extract to?) or you aren't using Steam.

yoma
13-12-2007, 11:32 AM
i have sorted the problem out
i was trying to run sven coop with hl source but i have dug the old version of hl1 out and installed it!
trying it out a bit later will get back to you if it woks!
thanks for your help
--yoma

yoma
13-12-2007, 03:52 PM
ok i can now run the game and connect to servers so many thanks to everyone who has helped out
i would like one question answered if anyone fancies picking thier brains:
why when i search for servers do i get loads of cs and hl servers but only one sven coop server?
--yoma

remyisxtc
07-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Hi I have used Sven before but I don't remember what I did exactly to get it to work but to the point i got my comp wiped and I deiced I should re downloaded and I got the new version and I can't seem to get it to work with steam... Help please