PDA

View Full Version : cant find any custom maps

cyberdaemon
07-01-2008, 06:44 AM
I installed svencoop on steam and it works.So i went under steam svencoop directory and installed some custom maps there.They are all in right place.But somehow when i try to start a server i cant find not a single level from there.Is there anyone who has any idea about this ?

PS. I had half-life here on this pc , but i uninstalled steam and didnt remove svencoop foldier.So i latter installed svencoop over this foldier (didnt remember it was still there)
The game itself works fine , it just CANT find any custom maps :( Neither they arent in maps list when you start server or the "map" command cant help in it :(

Qwerty
07-01-2008, 08:00 AM
If you can't load any custom maps because it doesn't detect them, you surely did something wrong and most likely did not install it correctly.

I would uninstall Sven Co-op completely. Launch Half-Life and play the first map of the training or singleplayer, then exit Half-Life. Install Sven Co-op to an autodetected Steam location (and make sure that it is correct, otherwise locate C:\Steam\SteamApps\xxxxxxx\half-life\).

The reason I say these things is because I find it hard to believe that the map detection function of Goldsource has broken, and you are the only one reporting it.

ozku
07-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Have you changed your language at Steam client? This usually creates new folder based on language you use (example: svencoop_finnish etc.). When you are creating server, game shows maps in that folder. Solution is change your Steam language back to previous.

Banana Barney
07-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Map should be in this folder:
\Steam\SteamApps\xxxxxxx\half-life\SvenCoop\maps

cyberdaemon
09-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Well standard maps work fine , so mod must be in right directory ?
edit : i try the installation thing soon...

I did uninstall svencoop then played first training level and reinstalled svencoop.Well i still cant see any maps.I quess i can only test my maps on the won version of the game.