PDA

View Full Version : Cant Run Sven Co-op At all..

TheNoobMachine
23-02-2008, 08:32 AM
Ok update.

i got HALF-LIFE Game of the year addition and the keycode is in use on steam. and support is down on steam its saying the page cannot be displayed but still sven coop still runs but when i go to join a sever it says HALF LIFE NEEDS AN UPDATE! and i click on the update button and yeah it loads but it when i click start it loads up with a box that says trying to connect to internet then it says there is no internet connection! when there sure as hell is!

now wtf am i ment to do :( im getting angry with this game..

AndY
23-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Alright.. Your writing started getting confusing after the first line or so, so I didn't read much.

If I understood this correctly, here's what you need to do.

Open STEAM's Games window. At the top, there's File, View, Games. Click on Games.

Click on Activate a Product on Steam.

Enter the Half-Life CD key that came with your CD. You should now be able to get Half-Life on Steam.

Once you have Half-Life on Steam, run it once.

Then, install SvenCoop to the following directory:

:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\YOUR-STEAM-ACCOUNT\half-life

Restart Steam. You should now be able to see both Half-Life and SvenCoop in your Steam's Games list.

Have fun :)

TheNoobMachine
23-02-2008, 10:52 AM
ok thats not going any where... its saying its allready activated..... i have no clue where my bro got this game lol i think off the internet.... but yeah im gonna have to use the half life 2 pack witch includes cotuner strike sourse half life 2 death match and half-life SOURCE (witch is the half life i need i guess!):hgrunt:

AndY
23-02-2008, 11:24 AM
ok thats not going any where... its saying its allready activated..... i have no clue where my bro got this game lol i think off the internet.... but yeah im gonna have to use the half life 2 pack witch includes cotuner strike sourse half life 2 death match and half-life SOURCE (witch is the half life i need i guess!):hgrunt:

Err.. no. You can't run SvenCoop on Half-Life Source.

http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=game&AppId=70&cc=CA

Qwerty
23-02-2008, 11:39 AM
When you log into your Steam account and view the Steam Games list, you have to have installed a game called "Half-Life," and not a games called "Half-Life: Source," in order to play Sven Co-op. Half-Life runs on the Goldsource engine, while Half-Life: Source runs on the Source engine. Sven Co-op will only run on the Goldsource engine. If you do not have Half-Life anywhere in your list where you could download it and start playing the full version through Steam, then you will not be able to run Sven Co-op. Half-Life is available through Steam for a measly $10 however, and if you have a PayPal account you can easy buy it through Steam without having a credit card or your parent's supervision.

TheNoobMachine
23-02-2008, 08:30 PM
but thats bull :( so i cant play it.i cant buy it cause my parents dont have a credit card. im still gonna try with sourse because every think els works with it why cant this?

ReBoot
23-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Why a credit card? You still should be able to ask the support for registering your CD key with your account.

Also, you can buy HL via PayPal or Click and buy which both can access your bank account without any need for a credit card.

HL: Source is, as says, running on the Source engine. SvenCoop is made for Half-Life with the GoldSrc engine (aka "Half-Life engine"). You CAN NEVER EVER run a mod which is made for an engine on a different engine.

TheNoobMachine
23-02-2008, 09:45 PM
So what your saying is that im screwed now untill i buy HALF LIFE. :l ok thats crap so theres no chance at all that it will work on sourse?

ReBoot
23-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Again, the only way to make a mod created for the Half-Life engine run on Half-LifeĀ² engine is re-creating it on the new engine. Or bribe Sven to drop SC 4.0 and create SC Source within few days... Gonna cost alot, I think.

TheNoobMachine
23-02-2008, 11:34 PM
well thats a bit unfair i cant buy HALF LIFE anymore where i live in aussie. great... thats ... :(

Qwerty
23-02-2008, 11:44 PM
well thats a bit unfair i cant buy HALF LIFE anymore where i live in aussie. great... thats ... That's not unfair. That's life and reality. Shame.

Get a PayPal.

TheNoobMachine
24-02-2008, 12:10 AM
!! Dear god! I just remember'd My Dad brought me a copy last year off ebay and i still havnt picked it up! YES!

this should be able to run Sven Co-op 3.0 Right? HALF-LIFE (The CD) And Opposing Forces? :D

Devile
24-02-2008, 01:49 AM
#1 I'm an australian, you can still buy Half-life
#2 Half-life mods wont work on Half-Life Source fullstop
#3 Yes, Sven will work with Half-life, doesn't matter if it comes with Opposing Force
#4 Don't whine about your copied HL number not working in steam -.-

End.

TheNoobMachine
24-02-2008, 02:07 AM
In South Australia i cant find it? EB games dosnt have it,they told me it was disscontuned

so whoop if you live in australia to? do you live in south australia?? not all the games are in every state. just reamba that.

Qwerty
24-02-2008, 04:04 AM
So long as (in this scenario) you have a copy of for example, the original or a retail box of the game with the CD Key printed somewhere, you have a positive shot of activating it on your account regardless if another user is using it.

Refer to http://www.svencoop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33990 for instructions on getting Half-Life activated on your account with your CD Key if it is already in use. You will need proof that you own the CD Key, such as a photo or scan of the CD Key printed on your Half-Life box, CD, etcetera.

TheNoobMachine
24-02-2008, 04:14 AM
kk but im gonna go to my dads and just get the dam box it may be a hr drive but oh well! half life is worth it!

ReBoot
24-02-2008, 08:20 AM
Or just buy it from Steam. All you need is a bank account, no CC needed.

edman747
27-02-2008, 11:26 PM
Hey, I'm running svencoop with my Half-Life, Game of the Year CD. Got it for 3bucks (us) in a thrift shop. went to steam, enter cd code. it says already used.
goto steam support.
send them a pic of the cd key. a couple of days and like magic it works.

Enjoy,

TheNoobMachine
01-03-2008, 07:15 AM
just got game of the year off my dad it all works good untill..

my half life does not update it says there is no internet connection when there sure as hell is. and sven coop loads up its really cool seeing some medic on the ground and these 2 other guys.. but i cant play when i cant update GOD DAM IT!
Now what! :( plz guide me guys!