PDA

View Full Version : Failed to load cl_dlls/client.dll

Qwerty
03-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Is there any specific reason that explains why when I copy my SvenCoop folder over the network to another computer, when Sven Co-op on that computer is launched it crashes with an error about being unable to load the client.dll file?

No matter where I get a copy of client.dll, it always gives this error. I guarantee that if I used the formal installer that it would make it work, but I don't want to use the installer since it installed additional unwanted material. What would make this work?

Puchi
03-03-2008, 11:48 PM
What would make this work?
if i remember correctly, reinstalling SC works for this

WAR_Nuker
03-03-2008, 11:59 PM
you should just install it, and then copy over folders like models, maps, gfx, sounds, (the addons folder too if applicable) etc and copy the wads over as well. should allow you to do what you are trying to do.

Qwerty
04-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Well then my question is what part of the installer -makes- it work? Does it add anything to the registry?

Puchi
04-03-2008, 12:09 PM
so far i know, SC works when you copy it.
did it more than once, even between two pcs (from this box to my smaller one with HLDS).
that error seems to appear randomly

AndY
04-03-2008, 12:12 PM
It does add registry entries, but only for the mp3 player.

Make sure you moved the fmod.dll, which is located in the root Half-Life directory, and not the SvenCoop directory.

Qwerty
04-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Make sure you moved the fmod.dll, which is located in the root Half-Life directory, and not the SvenCoop directory.Yeah I did that. I haven't forgotten where the fmod.dll goes. ;o

EDIT :: Nevermind. I forgot to check if I copied it, because I remembered copying /fmod.dll and /SvenCoop/ over the network. Guess I only copied /SvenCoop/. I'll have the results in a few minutes.

EDIT :: Fixed it. ^^