PDA

View Full Version : help with sven coop

bazooka_baker
19-04-2008, 02:00 PM
Hi there need help with sven coop?

i've been having trouble setting up game servers for me and my bro to play together.

when we set up a server we can't find it in the servers list, even when we are looking for it on our own computer. connecting through ip's dont work and when we send invite they just say "server not responding"

have opened all the correct ports so i know its not that.

im sure that its setting up the server as a local network game and not an online server. my brother is having the same problems as me. its been going on for the past few months now. we've only managed to play it twice over the past six months

im on 4gs (soon to be 10 yeah) virgin internet speed and have a belkin router. it use to work fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sven coop is the best and we play it more then most steam games/mods we've been missing it loads.

w00tguy123
19-04-2008, 03:21 PM
you have steam right? and you've checked the lan on the servers menu and nothings there? sounds like you might have some sort of firewall or router trouble.

mod man 8
19-04-2008, 10:48 PM
I have a problem kinda like this.
I have tried both sv_lan 0 and heatbeat, but to no avail.
Cept there's no brother involved, really.

CubicVirtuoso
20-04-2008, 10:42 AM
If you are jsut setting up a server for your brother and yourself consider getting hamachi. Its a Virtual LAN application. You can download it for free (google hamachi) you join a virtual network and it emulates a LAN environment. You still need to be sv_lan 0 so traffic is tunneled through hamachi but your brother will undoubtbly find your server in the listing. This is what the Sveney admins do when we don't want to take down the servers for private games.

bazooka_baker
23-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Thanks guys, that worked great. just tried it.

in fact it work so well that i am going to donate to sven coop to support the mod.

many thanks and happy gaming all