PDA

View Full Version : Problem with crosshairs

Solokiller
23-04-2008, 06:30 AM
I have problem with the crosshair sprites, and it also seems to affect sprites in levels.
What happens is that the crosshair will move around my screen when i look around, instead of sticking to the center. Here's a picture:
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/6827/osprey0000rh6.png

I've had this problem for several months now, i've already tried everything, restarting my pc, reinstalling half-life, reinstalling sven co-op, updating my graphics drivers, and nothing works.
Strangely enough, the rpg's red dot still works, but that's of no use to me when it doesn't works for other weapons.

CubicVirtuoso
23-04-2008, 10:02 AM
It's a common problem. Your crosshair simply doesn't like you anymore, you see every monday I feed my crosshair icecream and then he gets happy and stays put. But if you don't feed your crosshair, or show it love it might run away from you like in your situation. Think of it like a tamagotchi; only with your crosshair it won't die in a mysterious place in your bedroom and continuously make annoying sounds until the batteries are dead.

On a more realistic note; I have never seen this happen.

K7a
23-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Wow, I would reinstall if I saw that... Can't imagine a setting that could do it. I would try a reinstall first though.