PDA

View Full Version : Finals, have u had em yet (or midterms)

Honking Donkey
16-01-2002, 03:37 PM
I just got back from school, (wedsday, thursday, friday i will be going out of sckool at 11:45) and i am doing finals, these are hard, and they are long, today i took my spanish and english final, and tommorow ii got my algebra and history final,

so whos had their finals allready?

Sankis
16-01-2002, 05:18 PM
...my school years not even halfway over yet...no finals for me

Mad Gonesy
16-01-2002, 05:21 PM
Done 4 exams over the past week (hence my irritation on having to sort the forums out whenever needed).

I've had Business and Maths A-Level Exams, with one to go (Maths - Statistics).. Considering I did 6 hours of solid revision for Mechanics (Maths module) and still failed the exam badly, you get a idea of how tough it was. :(

I am the King of Business, especially Business Finance.. Not a Trade and Profit and Loss account going that can stop me.. :D

Lt.Kjilgore
16-01-2002, 05:24 PM
I was taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics, English Lang and Psychology A/Sslast year. I dropped Further Maths and Psychology when I started my full A level.

I did a Maths-Mechanics paper last year for further maths... I didn't even reach the end of the paper, questions were taking that long. Hence my 'U' in Further Maths and my decision to drop the subject :D

Oddly, I got a B in just Maths... It just goes to show how sh!t that course was organised at my college.

Macros
16-01-2002, 05:40 PM
If you are talking about the end of year exams then we did them ages ago. Like November or something.

(GIT)r-man
16-01-2002, 05:43 PM
I got an 'A' in normal Maths so decided to go for a "Pure Maths" A-level....dropped it after a month because of the headache it gave me :D

Mad Gonesy
16-01-2002, 05:45 PM
Doing Trigonometric Identities at the moment for Pure 2.. ouch. I know the feeling r-man.

Lt.Kjilgore
16-01-2002, 05:51 PM
You think Pure 2 is bad... wait till you hit Pure 3 :(

I think I got 12% on that exam last year.

Mad Gonesy
16-01-2002, 05:53 PM
Pure 3 doesn't seem so bad compared to Pure 2(its all about cones and has some kind of basis in reality, so I'm ok with it so far), but then again I'm only on page 10 of Pure 2 and a fair whack through Pure 3..

Lt.Kjilgore
16-01-2002, 06:00 PM
It may not be that bad, actually, the only reason I failed it was because we started Pure 3 about 2 months before the exam :rolleyes: , and we only had a 2 hour lesson per week to learn it in.

My college is sh!t.

Phobos
17-01-2002, 01:24 PM
bah i just got home after doing 150 multiple choice questions, 13 essay questions, marked 14 volcanoes on a map, filled in 15 station models and smoe graphs x_x although im sure that's not as hard as the college stuff

Kaneda
17-01-2002, 04:09 PM
High school is a blast. Last semester we had to whole days for exams, 2 hours per period. The exams were -very- easy, and each exam took about 30 minutes of the 2 hours. best of all, the exams only counted as 7% of our final grade. We ended up bringing CD players (and other electronic devices :D) the next day...

Be thankful for highschool while you still have it.

Honking Donkey
17-01-2002, 04:11 PM
yours are 7%! mines are 20 percent

Kitten
18-01-2002, 02:33 PM
like i said in the other post, yes, i just finished my network technician final exam for semester 1, and got the second highest grade, which is an 80...my physical final exam (also called the skills based final) i got a 90 on...
*does a happy kitten dance*....
^.^
love,
kitten

Honking Donkey
18-01-2002, 04:53 PM
SHew, im finaly done with finals, now to lock myself in my room and play Half-life,Opposing Force,Blue Shift, and They Hunger Series.

Samurai_Snark
20-01-2002, 12:40 AM
I've got finals all next week (23,24,25 of Jan. I get Martin Luther King Jr.'s B-day and some teacher work day thingy off. :) )... First day is Global Studies and Spanish. Then the other day is Biology and Math. The last day is a Spanish oral project. May not seem hard to most of you ppl, but it is for me. I think ill go study some more...:(