PDA

View Full Version : South Park Themed Map

*L*E*O*N*
21-01-2002, 08:36 PM
I put it here since I wasn't sure about map showcase and stuff because they didn't sound any better than this category.
I was playing south park and thought about adding the first episode to sven coop.
All the turkeys do is peck at you up close, and the zombies claw at close. The turkeys are the only things on the levels.
You could model the scientists to look like Cartman, Kenny, Kyle, and Stan and maybe some other characters you could bring to safety from the turkeys like on that hostage map.
You could also change there sounds since you are adding that sound thing.
I don't know if you would need to remodel the weapons since not many would fit with the snowball, plungers, dart thing, or any of them. The chicken sniper weapon could fit with the sniper gun. The hornet gun could work with the warpo ray, but then the pihranas would be homing pihranas.
That's about all I can think of. That would be fun.
I map crappy because of leaks, but I'm getting very good at avoiding them. I can't model because it blows my mind. I also can't color something in black and white so I couldn't skin.

Maybe this would be another suggestion.

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
22-01-2002, 07:05 PM
you played south park! JESUS! pc gamer`s review gave it 3% outa 100. ANYWAY enough insults.

is the first episode really big, i would suggest making mini maps to progress ur skills then move onto a bigger challenge. if ur making leaks then something MUST be wrong and i would make mini maps, i made quite a few experimting with diffrent entities light sources sprites u know all the usuall crap. but when the time comes or if u choose so to do now, then i`am sure a modeler somehwher can make quickly made cartoony looking plungers for ya.

*L*E*O*N*
22-01-2002, 07:56 PM
Actually the levels are sorta long in the way Crisis2 is, die and you're far away from the action. They are only mostly one direction maps. They are sorta stupid because you run by about 30-50 houses and only about 1 of them you can go in. The machine gun could also probably be like the dart gun but it wouldn't shoot anything unless you were to say they travel faster than hyper.
I probably wouldn't make it because there isn't many "bright" looking textures or house type of textures.

Mr. Chris
23-01-2002, 09:29 AM
The south park game sucked, don't bother making maps based on it

Undeadenemy
25-01-2002, 01:57 PM
Don't make any map one way where you have to travel long distances to get to the action. Thats an amature mistake. Not sure why it was done on Crisis2, I guess he just got careless.