PDA

View Full Version : Keen Halloween Part 1 2 3 4 5 (Official Release)

CryoKeen
04-11-2012, 06:37 PM
After 4 years in development, hopefully, it will have been worth the wait (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4Ws9JSCwh0). These maps are part of a series of Halloween maps where many mappers made sections and were stitched together!

Kh 1-5 (4 updates no crash now) http://distfiles.lifeisabug.com/svencoop/maps/kh123456_sc5_repack_v4.7z

or remove weapon_hivehand from the kh4.cfg file

* kh2+3: Fixed models of Corondo, JPolito and Villager for real (random body does not work with on hunger/civ.mdl, they now have a fixed appearance)
* kh3: Skeletons now displayed as "Skeleton"
* kh3: "rikertalk" game_text now works (after player is seen by Cheesecrab)
* kh4: Fixed Radioactive Alien Slave accidentaly showing as Skeleton
* kh4: Added models/richard_boderman/plant.mdl as of SC 5.02 the map and its assets are not in the base content anymore
* kh4: Crash fix for SC 5.02
* kh4: Hornetgun now spawns once (side effect of just mentioned crash fix)

NICO UPDATES:

Changelog so far:
- Only using sound/keenhalloween for kh1-5 (not folders for submaps)
- Merged and cleaned global model and sound replacement lists
- Fixed some soundlists and sounds
- Fixed weaponmodels in global model replacement lists
- Fixed the barnacle grapple tounge offset on SC 5 (new: oxyhalloween/v_bgrap_fixed.mdl)
- Fixed displaying models of Chrondo, JPolito and Villager on kh2 and kh5
- Added missing files
- Generated clean .res files etc.
- Maps are ripented
kh4: Dark Drones now use sectore/darkdrone3.mdl and according sounds
kh4: Skeletons are now shown as "Skeleton" instead of "Alien Slave"

Also I think the map is flawed, you can just walk back to spawn, go into the portal straight boss area, walk into the room with the button and end the map preliminary. -> lol yeah i need to fix this|

If you have wrong sounds it helps to delete the maps/soundcache folder (as Grim_2o0o pointed out in the previous post).

=================================

Known Issues:
- make sure metamod is updated if your using it
- kh2 may not run on dedicated servers
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4139074/images/releasethumb.jpg
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FfMeVVjdBhc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/akugZBL95jc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe><iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iq9jdSDhbmw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I welcome mirrors. Please post feedback!

Look out for parts 6-7-8-9 and 10 in the coming months and/or Fall 2013!

Here is the official thread if you wish to participate in the continuing series of Halloween themed maps!

http://forums.svencoop.com/showthread.php?p=487993#post487993

Thanks to:

Indulgence Inc (Soctom + Cocyx)
Lemonsoda
ruMpel
Xirex
g1l
Kain
Turrican
Nih
Katana
Sence
Streamfox
Mazur
iLLuSioN
Valve Software
MirroR
bobbert
Eisen
Dough
dodjer
Cesar
trempler
JPolito
Adamr
w00tguy
cSMG
Reniah
Jake
Foster
Aurora
Zombiner
Zode
moaby

All the rest i forgotz srys

Additional Credits
==========================
All the various .mod's and .ogg's I used, any images characters, ideas, themes, environments, I used from various sources belong to their respected owners. This map series is for entertainment purposes only.

Zombiner
04-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Thanks to:
Valve Software

Always 'em Valve Software..

JPolito
04-11-2012, 07:28 PM
Absolutely awesome work with this. It's taken a long time, but the end product is amazing.

Sence
04-11-2012, 09:58 PM
People should definitely try it out. Fresh and new stuff :D.
This map is almost 100% custom and has upto 3hours gameplay! I won't spoiler anything, you have to try it out yourself d. Definitely a must for puzzle players. I have to say the map is really great!

General Anonymous
04-11-2012, 11:48 PM
had fun playing. really great

TrEmPlEr
05-11-2012, 07:16 AM
I think this is the BEST mappack ever created :)

Lt.JC
05-11-2012, 02:02 PM
I have played the maps a bit alone to take a look and yeah some really nice maps you got there ;)

But I've got a problem, when I start the map kh4 it says that I miss a model as it doesn't seem to be in the rar package. "models/cryocell/cryoslave.mdl

Except from that it seemed to be working fine. :)

Deathparade
05-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Was fun playing that Keen sadly won't see it much on our server (our players don't seem to enjoy puzzling much)

LemonSoda
05-11-2012, 03:55 PM
Great stuff Keen. :)

JPolito
05-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Was fun playing that Keen sadly won't see it much on our server (our players don't seem to enjoy puzzling much)

This is hardly a puzzle map series.

CryoKeen
05-11-2012, 09:19 PM
I have played the maps a bit alone to take a look and yeah some really nice maps you got there ;)

But I've got a problem, when I start the map kh4 it says that I miss a model as it doesn't seem to be in the rar package. "models/cryocell/cryoslave.mdl

Except from that it seemed to be working fine. :)

Thank You very much Lt.JC, Trempler warned me of this problem but I couldn't figure out why everyone who was playing on the server had the file and was doing fine. I believe the model automatically downloaded to people who were connecting to the server. I have added the "3" model files to the rar, and to the res, renamed the file and it should be updated!

This is hardly a puzzle map series.

The map series does have a lot of "exploring" and "figuring out what to do" aspect to it. People who are addicted to those XP servers and just want to KILL KILL KILL don't have a lot of fun exploring and such sometimes(I don't know if their server is an XP or not) but I imagine after a few years everyone will figure out what to do in the maps eventually and it will become a nice classic series :D

Streamfox
06-11-2012, 08:52 AM
want to KILL KILL KILL

Every XP servers ever

Anyway I'd give a shot to the map series, was interesting and liked the maps the few times I tested it. Too bad most of the time on dedicated servers overflow doesn't let me to play a healthy round in it. OLOLOL OVERFLOW DISCONNECTED YOU FAG ASDAS

AdamR
06-11-2012, 08:53 AM
Great to see you got this out :) Apparently the dropbox link is broken though I'll try again when I get home.

JPolito
06-11-2012, 09:07 AM
It's also available on SC Map DB:

http://scmapdb.com/map:keen-halloween

Deathparade
06-11-2012, 12:07 PM
It's Misfire's server so yes XP mod (seems most XP server do good) and by puzzling i ment the figuring out what to do

JPolito
06-11-2012, 12:29 PM
Server mods might be interfering with the game_texts displaying correctly if they're set to use the same text channel. They usually explain what players are supposed to be doing. Might want to look into that.

Deathparade
07-11-2012, 12:17 PM
Don't have control over that and we'll need to discuss it with the whole admin team (before it got rejected)

How do you disable a mod for just certain maps? (the SCXPM thread doesn't tell)

Soctom
07-11-2012, 03:17 PM

http://wiki.amxmodx.org/Configuring_AMX_Mod_X#Map_Specific_Plugins

CryoKeen
07-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Apparently misfire "didn't like it" and at least one of the players agreed and thought it was "to dark and horror" LOL, ah well, I know it's not a piece of gold but I needed to release it either way ^_^

TrEmPlEr
08-11-2012, 04:02 AM
Thank You very much Lt.JC, Trempler warned me of this problem but I couldn't figure out why everyone who was playing on the server had the file and was doing fine. I believe the model automatically downloaded to people who were connecting to the server. I have added the "3" model files to the rar, and to the res, renamed the file and it should be updated!

The map series does have a lot of "exploring" and "figuring out what to do" aspect to it. People who are addicted to those XP servers and just want to KILL KILL KILL don't have a lot of fun exploring and such sometimes(I don't know if their server is an XP or not) but I imagine after a few years everyone will figure out what to do in the maps eventually and it will become a nice classic series :D

Haha yeah i did :D

I got allways a fresh version of Svencoop to test things like that ! :)

Waiting for next amaizing maps :D

JPolito
08-11-2012, 12:22 PM
You've introduced a very interesting and impressive puzzle-secrets-walkthrough combination style of gameplay in this series that I hope you keep using in future projects. Again, awesome work to everyone involved. This is definitely one of the best community projects that have been released on this forum. To the BOMS!

http://jpolito.zlique.org/mapping/bomsimg/BOMS.php

m0u$3[uz]
09-11-2012, 06:49 PM
best map i've ever played you did a great job keen i'm very impressed :D

Misfire
09-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Apparently misfire "didn't like it" and at least one of the players agreed and thought it was "to dark and horror" LOL, ah well, I know it's not a piece of gold but I needed to release it either way ^_^

Yeah I did say that, and it was a shortsighted comment and I apologize, I really just said what I thought in the moment and my opinion of it could change. I've only played a very early version and joined in to play for a little bit when people were just messing around in the map (not moving forward).

I haven't gone and played through fully the final release, So I have to be fair and really dive into the series before forming an opinion about it.

With that said, I am putting these maps on my server, just been busy with school.

Anyways, great job on creating the map series and offering value to the community. I look forward to playing through the whole series.

Misfire
09-11-2012, 08:40 PM
Don't have control over that and we'll need to discuss it with the whole admin team (before it got rejected)

No one ever rejected it, on top of that we didn't even have a discussion about it O_O....and please don't make assumptions about our players.

disabling mod is as easy as putting a .ini file with the map name in configs/maps

listing the plugin name followed by disabled

EX.

scxpm.amxx disabled

Nih
10-11-2012, 09:25 AM
Great map series, BOMS is well deserved.

RNG
12-11-2012, 07:14 AM
kh1 seems broken

AdamR
12-11-2012, 08:57 AM
Congrats on the BOMS Keen :) I found a bug with one of the gold coins on map 2, it didn't disappear when collected.

Screenshot here when I get home.
Edit: Nope, I didn't take one :D

Deathparade
22-11-2012, 04:46 PM
yea i saw that too and reported that to him... (iam first hate me j/k) couldn't act cool about it that i got it :(

Boxleitner
28-01-2016, 12:09 PM
I played the full KH series under Svencoop 5.0 and throughout my gameplay I had a model issue with the dogs (based on houndeye mdl), they didn't render at all but I could see their stats, they bodyblock me, I can hurt them, but they do not move/attack at all. Their custom sounds are working properly though.
What seems to be the problem? Did 5.0 break this enemy for some reason?

Screenshot:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/608352205825101211/7583961CA89D458817A670689FCED4CB6A83972B/

EDIT : I remember playing this map series in <4.8 version but there was not any rendering issue with the dogs, and did behave like any enemy.

nico
28-01-2016, 12:13 PM
I played the full KH series under Svencoop 5.0 and I had a model issue with the dogs (based on houndeye mdl), they didn't render at all but I could see their stats, they bodyblock me, I can hurt them, but they do not move/attack at all. Their custom sounds are working properly though.
What seems to be the problem? Did 5.0 break this ennemy for some reason?

Screenshot:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/608352205825101211/7583961CA89D458817A670689FCED4CB6A83972B/

IIRC the dogs are from sc_activist, that map and thus the model is not in 5.0 anymore. But then again you should get the "error" model if you are missing it.

Boxleitner
28-01-2016, 12:20 PM
I thought they were from models/aomdc/houndeye.mdl found in kh mappack. There wasn't an "error" model, just an invisible statue-like enemy.

EDIT: I imported the missing models from sc_activist and works fine now, thanks for clearing that up nico.
EDIT: I've just realized the icky.mdl is concerned too (also from sc_activist)

nico
29-01-2016, 03:24 AM
There wasn't an "error" model
Hmm I guess you only get that if the server has model xy in the maps res file but the client can't dl it.

tenyuhuang
29-01-2016, 09:19 AM
Just asking: I'm hesitating whether to put this map on a dedicated server or not due to the memo:

Known Issues:
- make sure metamod is updated if your using it
- kh2 may not run on dedicated servers

What's the specific problem with kh2 on a DS?
If it's not a server-crashing problem I will sure add it to my mapcycle, since kh series is soooo much fun :)

CryoKeen
29-01-2016, 12:05 PM
Kh2 was bumping the model limit in 4.8, it might be safe to run now that the entity limits have been increased

I think map kh6fix2 contains a kingpin monster which doens't spawn on older versions of metamod. i am unsure if there are any monster_kingpins in the other maps. there is a fake one in kh3 but thats not the real monster so that should be safe

tenyuhuang
29-01-2016, 12:41 PM
Metamod is up-to-date so it's probably not a problem. Will patch it and mapcycle. Thanks!

CryoKeen
29-01-2016, 12:56 PM
Metamod is up-to-date so it's probably not a problem. Will patch it and mapcycle. Thanks!

your welcome, got an ip? I would like to try to join you!

tenyuhuang
29-01-2016, 01:18 PM
Sure!

It's 112.64.209.255:27119 (steam://connect/112.64.209.255:27119)

But
1) It has SCXPM on it and it's current under 1337x EXP event. Way toooooo recreational at the moment;
2) It's hosted in China, so you'll definitely get a horrible ping :(

m0u$3[uz]
31-01-2016, 10:53 AM
Keen halloween 7 8 and 9 pls

CryoKeen
05-02-2016, 12:23 AM
10 days until I release a Keen Halloween 7 Alpha/Beta map

requests or suggestions for it? also i need people to volunteer to make more content for the maps!

A_Ninja
05-02-2016, 01:28 PM
It would be cool if you could use item_inventory in 1 or more of the ways that Adam demonstrated in that video of his a while back

nico
06-02-2016, 08:52 AM
10 days until I release a Keen Halloween 7 Alpha/Beta map

\o/

kh6fix2 plays fine, when it ends it displays the picard coin status and changes the map (You asked me in some other post I can't find right now).

Basically you don't have to give a damn about old metamod because no one uses it and if so the server admin is doing it wrong and should not host svends :D

Uhm and, if you happen to have those sounds, could you upload them for me on dropbox please?

sound/kb2/jackal.wav
sound/kb2/konichiwa.wav
sound/kb2/mybodyisready.wav
sound/kb2/zo_pain2.wav
sound/keenhalloween/lightning.wav
sound/kh6/coin.wav
sound/kh6/zachary.wav
sound/metal3.wav
sound/nlab/4lights.wav
sound/nlab/datapadrpg.wav
sound/nlab/typeb.wav

Also I can repack kh1-6fix2 in a new archive with res file and model replacement improvements (stuff was missing etc. I (well mostly my script) cleaned up and fixed some stuff) for SC5. Do want?

Nih
10-02-2016, 03:45 AM
Also I can repack kh1-6fix2 in a new archive with res file and model replacement improvements (stuff was missing etc. I (well mostly my script) cleaned up and fixed some stuff) for SC5. Do want?

If you do, remember to include the missing music in my part in kh6. Keen should have it, if not, pm me.

CryoKeen
10-02-2016, 03:56 AM
\o/

kh6fix2 plays fine, when it ends it displays the picard coin status and changes the map (You asked me in some other post I can't find right now).

Basically you don't have to give a damn about old metamod because no one uses it and if so the server admin is doing it wrong and should not host svends :D

Uhm and, if you happen to have those sounds, could you upload them for me on dropbox please?

sound/kb2/jackal.wav
sound/kb2/konichiwa.wav
sound/kb2/mybodyisready.wav
sound/kb2/zo_pain2.wav
sound/keenhalloween/lightning.wav
sound/kh6/coin.wav
sound/kh6/zachary.wav
sound/metal3.wav
sound/nlab/4lights.wav
sound/nlab/datapadrpg.wav
sound/nlab/typeb.wav

ill have to get back to you on most of that stuff i don't have it, just a few items, maybe we could collaborate on the re-release? I hoped to release a kh7 alpha/beta in a week or 2.

Nih, I included the sound in the fix (https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6xb2886r82eu99/kh6fix.zip?dl=0) but here it is just incase it disapears again https://www.dropbox.com/s/3k7ljya5bz772td/robotsrobots.wav?dl=0

CryoKeen
10-02-2016, 04:03 AM
I have found most of the sound files you wanted, the rest are in nlab http://scmapdb.com/map:neptune-labs or on an old HD

https://www.dropbox.com/s/958rmr4otrcaaau/extra%20kh6%20sounds.rar?dl=0 you will have to put them in the proper directory's yourself if you could please imsotired lol

If anyone would like to contribute anything to the Keen Halloween 7/8/9 Project, I can even "Halloweenify" something older you made and never found a purpose for. Ie add skeletons, orange fire lights, pumpkins and zombies etc. post in this thread ^_^

nico
10-02-2016, 04:05 AM
If you do, remember to include the missing music in my part in kh6. Keen should have it, if not, pm me.

I'm almost finished.

Changelog so far:
- Only using sound/keenhalloween for kh1-5 (not folders for submaps)
- Merged and cleaned global model and sound replacement lists
- Fixed some soundlists and sounds
- Fixed weaponmodels in global model replacement lists
- Fixed the barnacle grapple tounge offset on SC 5 (new: oxyhalloween/v_bgrap_fixed.mdl)
- Fixed displaying models of Chrondo, JPolito and Villager on kh2 and kh5
- Added missing files
- Generated clean .res files etc.
- Maps are ripented

Regarding kh2:

There seemed? to be a soundreplacement list for "Jpolito", which either gone missing over time or never was included.

sound/keenhalloween/tentguy.txt

If anyone is in possession of this file please msg.

Regarding kh6fix2:

I need those 2 files:

sound/holo/greatwork.wav
sound/kh6/zachary.wav

Also I think the map is flawed, you can just walk back to spawn, go into the portal straight boss area, walk into the room with the button and end the map preliminary.

@Nih: Please hand me a patch (or tell me what to add/change at what position) in http://148.251.69.41:8889/sc5/maps/kh6fix2.ent plus the sound file(s).

Also all the *.ent files for the kh* maps at http://148.251.69.41:8889/sc5/maps/ are the current work-in-progress ones so if you have other improvements, please tell me.

CryoKeen
10-02-2016, 04:08 AM
Zacarhy might have been an ancient file when the players encountered the meme Zacary NPC. but i instead made it into CryoKeen. Not sure.

as for greatwork, iirc it's just holo/tr_holo_greatwork.wav with the "Great Work" bit and the rest chopped off. you could make that edit possibly or i could and then just redirect it in ripent to sound/kh6/greatwork.wav

nico
10-02-2016, 05:10 PM
Oki, done: http://distfiles.lifeisabug.com/svencoop/maps/kh123456_sc5_repack_v1.7z

Please betatest. Play through the whole series and pay attention if I fucked up with sound replacements or anything else. Report any bugs.

CryoKeen
11-02-2016, 02:57 AM
uploaded to anitalink for testing, also to twilight zone?

nico
11-02-2016, 03:23 AM
uploaded to anitalink for testing, also to twilight zone?
Is on there too.

nico
12-02-2016, 07:19 AM
Probably the final verison: http://distfiles.lifeisabug.com/svencoop/maps/kh123456_sc5_repack_v2.7z

@CryoKeen: Maybe update your op post to link this file?

Grim_2o0o
12-02-2016, 01:57 PM
For some reason on kh4, all the clients experienced some very corrupted sounds, like hitting use would be a assassin's silenced gun and flashlight would be an explosion, only I seemed to have had normal sounds.

nico
12-02-2016, 07:37 PM
For some reason on kh4, all the clients experienced some very corrupted sounds, like hitting use would be a assassin's silenced gun and flashlight would be an explosion, only I seemed to have had normal sounds.
Which version did you use on the server, the one from the op post or mine from the last post? Also did you play on a listen or dedicated server?

I can not reproduce this.

JPolito
12-02-2016, 08:48 PM
Make sure players are able to download the soundlist.txt file properly. Sounds like a server-specific issue.

Grim_2o0o
13-02-2016, 01:45 AM
I used the version from scmapdb, and for some reason it only appears on kh4, nowhere else.
Playing on a listen server with fast dl, I'll see if I can't find what the heck is wrong. Thanks for the tips by the way.

Edit: WHOOPS IT WAS THE SOUNDCACHE HAH

nico
15-02-2016, 02:07 PM
http://distfiles.lifeisabug.com/svencoop/maps/kh123456_sc5_repack_v3.7z

Removed global model replacements for monster_alien_slave and monster_houndeye
all: Updated some maps to adjust for the change mentioned above
kh4: Dark Drones now use sectore/darkdrone3.mdl and according sounds
kh4: Skeletons are now shown as "Skeleton" instead of "Alien Slave"
kh5: Lowered the health of "Villager" as shooting him would cause a player to disappear from scoreboard (this will be fixed in a future SC update though)

If you have wrong sounds it helps to delete the maps/soundcache folder (as Grim_2o0o pointed out in the previous post).

CryoKeen
16-02-2016, 11:07 PM
thanks updated first post, also I showed JP a soundcache related issue on my server so its a sc 5.0 problem probly

nico
17-02-2016, 01:07 PM
thanks updated first post, also I showed JP a soundcache related issue on my server so its a sc 5.0 problem probly

On a side note I think the soundcache problem is because the anitalink fastdl server serves outdated files. Check http://files.anitalink.com/gamecache/hl/svencoop/maps/soundcache/ - @n!t@ needs to either remove this folder completely or bind it as I described here. (http://forums.svencoop.com/showthread.php/42786-Linux-Dedicated-Server-for-5-0-Guide?p=513418&viewfull=1#post513418)

@n!t@
18-02-2016, 03:31 AM
Ok, removed it, try now :)

nico
20-02-2016, 12:50 PM
http://distfiles.lifeisabug.com/svencoop/maps/kh123456_sc5_repack_v4.7z

* kh2+3: Fixed models of Corondo, JPolito and Villager for real (random body does not work with on hunger/civ.mdl, they now have a fixed appearance)
* kh3: Skeletons now displayed as "Skeleton"
* kh3: "rikertalk" game_text now works (after player is seen by Cheesecrab)
* kh4: Fixed Radioactive Alien Slave accidentaly showing as Skeleton
* kh4: Added models/richard_boderman/plant.mdl as of SC 5.02 the map and its assets are not in the base content anymore
* kh4: Crash fix for SC 5.02
* kh4: Hornetgun now spawns once (side effect of just mentioned crash fix)

Dynamite
20-02-2016, 01:55 PM
" kh4: Added models/richard_boderman/plant.mdl as of SC 5.02 the map and its assets are not in the base content anymore"
You should really put all of this map's content in its own subfolder.

w00tguy123
20-02-2016, 01:58 PM
^ Wouldn't that mean lots of duplicated content? The original author of some borrowed content would be a bit harder to figure out, too.

Dynamite
20-02-2016, 02:12 PM
^ Wouldn't that mean lots of duplicated content? The original author of some borrowed content would be a bit harder to figure out, too.

Not a lot, really. And it's a better option than maps missing content suddenly or overwriting other author's updated files if they make an update. As for credits, you can put a text file in the models folder of that map with all that info. Many maps do this already.

w00tguy123
20-02-2016, 02:27 PM
overwriting other author's updated files if they make an update.

Yeah I didn't think about that bit. Mappers just need to give credit where due, then.

CryoKeen
20-02-2016, 07:25 PM
Well shit you guys just keep removing content and keep messing up my maps thats great isn't it? Ok Dynamite thats great, now every single mapper has to make ALL the content duplicated because they don't know what will be removed from the next svencoop update? Yeah ok thats great..

Recent update broke kh4 because weapon_hivehand is now defunct. Nico thanks very much for the update front page updated