PDA

View Full Version : Is "ASS" a bad word

Honking Donkey
29-01-2002, 08:07 PM
Im sorry mods if i put a bad word in the topic but im not sure if it is a bad word, lemme tell u my story,

Today i was in spanish class, and i said ASS as in donkey not ass as in buttox,

he claimed it a bad word and gave me detention 5 minutes

To me, ass is not a bad word, wat do u guys feel about the word?

60 Megabyte File
29-01-2002, 08:09 PM
That teacher must have been an ass....

And technically...no, its not a bad word. If you mean it in a good way, no. Just like if your in church and your talkking about hell...then its not a bad word. But if you tell someone to goto hell, then yes it is.

Kaneda
29-01-2002, 08:31 PM
Unless you are in fourth grade, ass is not a bad word. My teachers use it everyday...often calling me a smartass :(. I guess it really depends on what grade you're in and how strict of a school you go to. I'm in 9th grade and go to a ghetto high school with 4000+ students, so I guess I'm fine.

Lt.Kjilgore
29-01-2002, 08:42 PM
Ass=Donkey

No, not a bad word. Claiming that this is what you meant is always going to go as 'unbelievable' by teachers. Because they are

Ass=Rump, butt or any other Euphamism you can think of. Yes it is a 'bad' word, no argument about that.

It depends entirely on the context. If the teacher had heard your entire statement, and gave you a detention because you were referring to a donkey as an 'ass', then they are just wrong.

BurnOut64
29-01-2002, 10:02 PM
Podex is roman for ass.

GhostBabble
30-01-2002, 03:36 AM
Well someones avatar has an ass in it :D
lol! But ass is not a bad word, its like calling someone a pig (since ass is a donkey and well, its an animal)
but is donkeyhole a badword?

Sampson
30-01-2002, 06:28 AM
Its not bad word, and that teacher is ass+hole. My teachers swear under there breath alot, if you listen close, lol. My math teacher said to me the other day, that grade wise im shitting the bed! In front the whole class! And my basic nursing skills teacher farted the other day when she bent over to pick up a linen for the class beds (we got like 6 beds in the classroom).

9th grade

Malek
30-01-2002, 11:23 AM
Depends on the context it's used in really. But for the most part (in my opinion) it's not a bad word...

Dutchtux
30-01-2002, 12:25 PM
Do you get 5 minutes detention?
On my school you get 45 Minutes detention if we do something wrong.And we are late at school or class we must go 8:00AM be on school instead of 8:30AM.

Edcrab
30-01-2002, 12:30 PM
It does indeed depend on context. I've always considered the "rear" form a minor bad word, along with slightly more major samples such as crap and damn, bloody and even blasted depending on who you're speaking to.
Generaly, I always think that people who constantly use stronger launguage do so due to limited vocabulary and inability to prounounce words of more than two sylables, so all in all I'm not bothered much about swearing of any type, scale or form. Some people's idea of a debate these days seem to slanging matches.

Dutchtux
30-01-2002, 12:53 PM
My english is bad.
I didnt know that ASS means Donkey.Realy i didnt know that.
I have learned something.

Lt.Kjilgore
30-01-2002, 02:05 PM
If there's one topic that should be studied closely it is swear-words.

Avoids on all kinds of embarrassment when you know what they mean. :D

Black Cat
30-01-2002, 02:18 PM
Come ON!!!

There's the word ass in th' bible and a load off other locations and jesus didn't get dentention!!!!

(GIT)r-man
30-01-2002, 03:09 PM
lol...you should live where I do...
You can say to a stranger "Hello my lover, you have a lovely arse" and they'll smile at you and take it as a compliment...

on the other hand, if you were to say "you have a lovely ass" they'd look at you blankly and say "you are mistaken...I do'nt have a donkey"

:D

Phobos
30-01-2002, 04:24 PM
i dont consider ass a bad word, because you can say "butt" or "behind" and get away with it...why not ass? after getting outta private school things like "oh that kicks butt" sounds weird

JuggleNuts
30-01-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Honking Donkey
he claimed it a bad word and gave me detention 5 minutes

What kind of school do you go to? Is it only for 2 hours a day? (Just wondering since you only got 5 whole minutes of detention...:rolleyes: )

Giblet
30-01-2002, 05:54 PM
lol, i goto a school, and my teachers hear me say fuc* and they do not care
i yell it in the hallway, and it doesnt even phase them. I always call people shitheads. one time when the whole class was quiet i said, travis u shit head and my teacher said ok class quiet down plz
LOl

Undeadenemy
30-01-2002, 06:30 PM
This topic is going to shit