PDA

View Full Version : Why does the Barney gets zombified....

AntiBlockerzGrunt
31-01-2002, 03:22 AM
Why does the Barney gets zombified when headcrabbed when he has a helmet on that completely covers his brain area?

Theory:

-Barney gets headcrabbed with helmet on
-Barney thinks its harmless and try to remove the headcrab
-The headcrab sticks onto Barney`s helmet and Barney pulled the headcrab so hard that the helmet fell off
-The headcrab seizes this exposure of Barney`s head and zombifies him.

More suggestions will be thanked!

Lord Booga
31-01-2002, 06:17 AM
Think about it. Head crabs (if you don't dodge em or kill em) can take you down from 100 health 100 armour and kill you!

I think they can punch thru barneys helmet. or at least knock him over so the helmet comes off.

Hezus
31-01-2002, 07:20 AM
I think the headcrab pisses on his helmet then his helmet will burn away and he can easy eat his brains

AntiBlockerzGrunt
31-01-2002, 07:25 AM
No scenes of Barney getting headcrabbed is shown whatsoever in any Half-life expansions or Half-life itself......So can Headcrabs really tear metallic helmet? Hmmm...the Headcrab can tear HEV suits, so i guess they can tear helmets the same way too. But how can the headcrab be able to tear a hole large enough to be fit its "mouth"?

Hezus
31-01-2002, 07:35 AM
Well I'ts got mean teeth :D But eating a whole barney head and his helmet ?... hmm.. Maybe the Garg bites on the helmet so the headcrab can easy take controle of his brains..

What does Brney tastes like btw ?

60 Megabyte File
31-01-2002, 07:40 AM
Maybe all the headcrabbed barneys we seen were because the barney didnt have a helmet on. Maybe he got to BM late and didnt get all of his stuff in time.

AntiBlockerzGrunt
31-01-2002, 08:00 AM
They were probably just busy taking off their vest and helmet as they can`t wait to go off-duty to get b33rs when the headcrab zombifies them before they got a chance to take off the vest or to take a sip of the cold alcohol-rich brew?

31-01-2002, 08:20 AM
Maybe the HeadCrab is strong enough to rip parts of the help ment off and eventually.. then whole thing.

AntiBlockerzGrunt
31-01-2002, 08:39 AM
heyyyy...now that explains the opening in the stomach, the headcrab ripped it open!

Mr. Chris
31-01-2002, 12:58 PM
I think I know what that rip across the chest & stomach is. It's the development of the jaws that are on the gonome's chest. The gonome is a stage 2 zombie

Creeps
31-01-2002, 03:08 PM
A headcrab jumps on Barney's head, sticks it's 2 behind legs, into his eyes, or forhead (Barney is dead now) then the headcrab removes the helmet with his 2 frontlegs, then he starts to dig into his brain...
and then he becomes a zombie...it's THAT simple :)

60 Megabyte File
31-01-2002, 03:38 PM
No...

1: Headcrab latches onto the head.

2: Headcrab inserts it's 2 hind legs into the victim's neck...victim is dead at this point.

3: Headcrab inserts it's 2 front legs into the victim's collerbone

4: Headcrab injects fluids into the victim's brain causeing unusual functions

5: Many internal organs are replaced with xen organs

6: Mouth appears on victim's chest.

7: Victim is screwed at this point. :D

Nomble
31-01-2002, 04:05 PM
Otis has no helmet... Why shouldent it be any barneys who dont have a helmet on.

And I think the HEV suits helmet is MUCH stronger then a simple security helmet..

Honking Donkey
31-01-2002, 05:07 PM
hmm i wonder why the barneys dont have straps on thier helmet........(not spam, think of the sentence i just put)

AntiBlockerzGrunt
01-02-2002, 02:57 AM
OT:Half-Life PS2 edition actually have Barneys wear those straps!

I highly believe 60 MB File and Mr.Chris` Theories as well as Creeping Death`s. But how come Otis doesn`t get headcrabbed despite lacking a helmet? Oh i know! Otis actually got headcrabbed, but his stomach is so fat that he can`t have a mouth ripped on it. So the headcrab discarded him, eating up some of his hair in the process :p !

MadBopp
01-02-2002, 03:28 AM
I keep wondering what the final outcome of a zombie is...

60 Megabyte File
01-02-2002, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by MadBopp

Its called the Gnome...its in Opposing Force. It kind of tackles you and throws it's own organs at you...

AntiBlockerzGrunt
01-02-2002, 07:45 AM
(Might be kinda OT):Hmmm...what if the gonome ain`t the final stage? Then would the final stage be that giant.mdl from MMM? :D

Lord Booga
01-02-2002, 10:21 AM
there is some mod... by C4 Software, i think it is called Dark Truths, that has the next evolution of the zombie.

Creeps
01-02-2002, 11:29 AM
...is because he eats too damn much donuts! Yes, his belly is too big for a mouth to fit in, the mouth would get no air in that belly with that layer of fat infront of it.
the reason he really doesn't get headcrabbed, is because his head and mouth is full or donuts all the freakin' time.
there is no brain to take control off!!!
and those little creepers can smell the donuts inside his head..
really, the most simple solutions, are the best :)

Mr. Chris
01-02-2002, 01:33 PM
i'd love to see a headcrabbed otis

chalupamonk
01-02-2002, 02:09 PM
Otis is too friendly. I'd rather see a headcrab'd g-man. Imagine how that could affect the otherwise dull saga of hl. Why, there could by a family situational comedy based upon it! "My Crabby G-Man, it would be called, and it would be shown on fox family in a prime time slot on fridays.

Creeps
01-02-2002, 02:51 PM
LOL! just something like Married with Children, a cranky old bold headcrab-Al Bundy... :)

Honking Donkey
01-02-2002, 07:23 PM

Ide like to go into detail with that, he is a big bastard about 2 feet taller then adrian, whenever adrian runs backwards the big faster will chase after u with amazing speed (he runs faster then u, even running backwards) he throws snot like with 60 meg said, the head crab has also gotten the ability to move its fore legs around again and the swipes he does are quick and hard hitters, they also seem to jump as well, he also has a big hunk of snot on his back and make him walk like a hunchback, the skull is also much more visible, he could also dance. He will also bite with his huge ass mouth

here is a pic (my first pic ever) now dont laff

AntiBlockerzGrunt
01-02-2002, 07:55 PM
(Kinda OT but somewhat On-T): LoL, gearbox recycled the "sohappy" animation from the gonome for the scientist in Blue Shift and you can look at them via the camera that has Gordon walking past. Look long enough and Walter will appear and do a little dancing. I somewhat think that the headcrab is stuck permanently on the gonome`s head

BTW, G-man doesn`t get headcrabbed because his metallic skin is too damn HARD to break open! Either that or the headcrabs regard him as a friend.....

Field Medic
01-02-2002, 11:39 PM
I personally think the G-Man is an illusion generated by some stronger force, such a giant brain of sorts. When you shoot him, you think your shots hit him, but they go through him, however are projected to go through him. That explains why he can be anywhere so easily, and why monsters ignore him.

As for the helmet, the headcrab I believe can consume the entire head, helmet and all. Either that or the headcrab bites through the armour and gets to the fleshy material on the inside. The chest would could have resulted from the human organs bursting out of his chest and being replaced.

AntiBlockerzGrunt
02-02-2002, 07:05 AM
Hmm...Then i think some intelligent alien like Tor who did the talking..........

Other than bursting out, it is some sort of mutation cause by the "chemicals" released by the headcrab that could contain some substances found in radioactive waste.

Creeps
02-02-2002, 09:44 AM
I have done some research into the how someone gets headcrabbed with a helmet...see there is actually another type of headcrab, it's the asscrab..the crab, is smaller so it fits into the persons...ass...and then climbs towards to brain and then popping his or her helmet off...

Honking Donkey
02-02-2002, 12:09 PM
creeping death made the most sence imho(first time i used imho! now second!)

KillJoy
02-02-2002, 01:14 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ide like to go into detail with that, he is a big bastard about 2 feet taller .......

Um the gnome isn't the FINAL outcome of a Headcrabed Sci
also the gnome military guy has more health than the sci
(stronger dude...)

or was this a mod..........

Man my donut is fryed;) :D :p

Creeps
02-02-2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Honking Donkey
creeping death made the most sence imho(first time i used imho! now second!)
lol! :D
I'm using my personal science :P
I've got these test chambers in my roon here, with headcrabs, zombies and Barneys and Otis' :)

(I've got a very active imagination)

Hezus
02-02-2002, 04:48 PM
I got a pet Chubby :D

Edcrab
02-02-2002, 05:55 PM
Can you say: bizarre spam?

Don't kill this thread, guys. I've noticed a downhill trend. Try and keep your posts relevant to the damned "topic" in question.

Nomble
02-02-2002, 06:18 PM
[i]Either that or the headcrabs regard him as a friend..... [/B]

That makes you think, the BARNACLES lives on eating things that comes under its rope alike thing. And the bullsquid eats headcrabs. And the headcrab uses humans as its host, then what did it infest on xen? Headcrabs cant just make itself be built perfecly to fit human skulls that were "probebly" unknown to them for around. 4 -too 600.000 years

Creeps
02-02-2002, 07:08 PM
I guess headcrabs, were like..an adaption for the human race. Xen adapted itself when it knew about earth, and then the headcrabs came. They can either grab someone's head, or enter through the ass if the individual wears headprotection.

AntiBlockerzGrunt
02-02-2002, 10:41 PM
But i don`t see the Barney-zombies` asses bleed :D

Or maybe......The headcrab jumps on Barney and causes his helmet to loosen and fall and then controlling him? Or perhaps it controlled Barney via the face?

Kinda OT:Here`s a way to prevent complete control by headcrab:

-Get headcrabbed(offcourse)
-Fall hard on a really hard ground on your buttocks(preferably down a flight or 2 of stairs)
-Get your spinal cord to break
-The headcrab will have difficulty controlling you as you are paralysed or something...

Wolf
03-02-2002, 12:54 AM
My thoughts about this headcrab theroy , I have though about this too.

1)HeadCrab attacks target (Not barney any human target , or mabey a alien slave)

2)The victim falls over because of the speed the headcrab travels at.

3)If the victim has and unstrapped or not strongly strapped equipment it falls from their head (this is why you never get headcrabbed , I dont think these HEV suits are made for dress up)

4)Headcrab now inserts its legs into areas of head.After that the target is dead.

5)HeadCrab puts teeth in skull and starts moving them like a chainsaw .

6)After top of head is digested the head crab then starts to "bond" with the brain and infect the body using legs which have started adding fluid to the body.

7)The target is now ready to become a zombie.

This is proven about the knocking over in the first half life at the start where you see a scientict sitting down , and where you see another scientict get killed in the adventure to where the barney reaches for a med box after you hear shots. You will see head crabs knock their targets over , if they dont then the target is pretty strong .

Otis doesent get crabbed for this reason , headcrabs would have such a hard time getting around their surrounding and barley would attack . Wait but if their was a otis Gnome he could throw his fat!

Also Headcrabs do not look like that for us , its for alien slaves . They probally had a few years to change (shown in the HEV camp in xen in Blue shift) but thats why .

Honking Donkey
03-02-2002, 01:04 AM
actually they are parasites, so the thing has to be alive to headcrabbed..
edit i just noticed shouldnt it be called how do barnys get headcrabed?

Wolf
03-02-2002, 12:17 PM
Hmmm , read between the lines . Im putting this line down , read it carefully .

6)Headcrab now inserts its legs into areas of head.After that the target is dead.

Mr. Chris
03-02-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by AntiBlockerzGrunt
But i don`t see the Barney-zombies` asses bleed :D

Or maybe......The headcrab jumps on Barney and causes his helmet to loosen and fall and then controlling him? Or perhaps it controlled Barney via the face?

Kinda OT:Here`s a way to prevent complete control by headcrab:

-Get headcrabbed(offcourse)
-Fall hard on a really hard ground on your buttocks(preferably down a flight or 2 of stairs)
-Get your spinal cord to break
-The headcrab will have difficulty controlling you as you are paralysed or something...

The zombified host will still able to get around by dragging itself around by it's arms and still able to claw at people's legs

AntiBlockerzGrunt
04-02-2002, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by AntiBlockerzGrunt

Here`s a way to prevent complete control by headcrab:

Well at least it doesn`t walk around ripping out our intestines! You can sew back your legs if they manage to sever it :p And if you played Resident Evil, you know that you can always stomp their heads/headcrabs off so its less harmful, unless zombies know how to ride on electrical wheelchairs!

Wolf
06-02-2002, 11:16 AM
Ok here is a way to todally prevent headcrabation,kill your self,Mabey jump into toxic water.You could also freeze yourself,it would stop it if it was on your head,plus Gorodon just might come by and pry the headcrab off.

The zombified host will still able to get around by dragging itself around by it's arms and still able to claw at people's legs

In my versoin it cant crawl around.Cause they will dead and us probally the same.

Well at least it doesn`t walk around ripping out our intestines! You can sew back your legs if they manage to sever it And if you played Resident Evil, you know that you can always stomp their heads/headcrabs off so its less harmful, unless zombies know how to ride on electrical wheelchairs

In my version its probly less painful,and it inshures survival of other scientict.But then there is the most effective way,kill em.Im shure a scientict can push a book case over em (SMUUUSH!).Also last time I checked,Barneys carry a Glock.