PDA

View Full Version : Need A Few Map Suggestions

*L*E*O*N*
31-01-2002, 07:24 PM
Just like said. Not some very complex thing. Just making a sort of ugly looking (yes it is garaunteed ugly) map. I need some sorta generic traps. These are some that I have planned (even though I shoudn't be saying them).
1. Teleport to a room full of a bunch of houndeyes, when they are killed the wall opens up to a room full of both gargs, kill them all and the wall opens and exit.
2. A hall full of many lasers to kill you (looks very neat).
3. A zigzag hall that as you progress the platforms come down and release monsters.
4. A hall with an illusionary floor you fall through and land in water with the fishes that you either get eaten or drown because there is NO way back.
5. A hall with a couple of neat pendulums that look spiked that will crush you.
6. A hall with the floors rotating and a couple trains to crush you a the holes in the walls.
7. Maybe a hall full of trigger_multiples that trigger explosions in the hall (might add two, one that makes explosions in random places and one that makes explosions in the place you stepped in).
8. A bunch of function_rotates to grind you and hold you back with floors pushing you into them also.
That's about all.
I don't need many ideas, just some traps with monsters, trains, explosions, whatever. It's just a very ugly maze type map that doesn't seem like a maze, just the name says maze.

DeathBog
01-02-2002, 04:49 PM
I suggest a map with no weapons at all!

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
02-02-2002, 12:38 PM
i suggest a very werid frecky map, like starnge shapes and stairs on the roof, and making it look like a long corridoer with a small door at the end and monsters are holograms and doors fly out from the walls sumtimes and then u get teleported into a normal black mesa room complet with computer buttons retinal scanners ect, BUT the entire thing is rotate and it spins around wobbling u from side to side as all the buttons in the room magically turn on by them selves when sum alien wind noise fills the room and the windows smash and glass goes spinning in all directions when xen spikes SHOOT through the floor.

well jus an idea

*L*E*O*N*
02-02-2002, 10:21 PM
I won't be having any weapons or health because it is sorta class based.
The classes are:
The medic guy who has a health recharger, crowbar, and glock.
The guy with the guns mainly machine gun and shotgun with a lot of ammunition.
The explosives guy with 10 grenades, 5 tripmines, and crowbar.
The sniper guy who has the 357, crossbow, crowbar. I would add the nomad sniper in but I don't know what to refer to the entity as.
I'm having no weapons for a simple purpose of the class thing. There's no health so people will have to refer to a medic class type for health.

I would make a map that is a complete rotation, but then you wouldn't have many monsters unless they were very strong because they would get stuck in the rotating wall while spawning.
Also need more simple ideas, this isn't a movie type thing or even a bit realistic.

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
03-02-2002, 07:09 AM
ok then, if u want a class based thing then fine, but i tell u NO ONE is gonna pick explsoives guy as i prefer machine guns better than a bomb as a close comabat weapon.

*L*E*O*N*
03-02-2002, 11:03 AM
There is a room full of gargantuas. There's where the explosives guy can be useful.

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
03-02-2002, 03:48 PM
BUT STILL, all the explosives u can carry wont take out an entire room of gargs. not even ONE garg

DeathBog
03-02-2002, 05:35 PM
Do you know how to give only one guy a medikit? if not, here is how:
Input the cvar 'nomedkit' in the map.cfg file
Place an entity and name it 'weapon_medkit' You will have to input this last value manually. Good luck!

Undeadenemy
03-02-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by {DoA}DrunkMonkey
i suggest a very werid frecky map, like starnge shapes and stairs on the roof, and making it look like a long corridoer with a small door at the end and monsters are holograms and doors fly out from the walls sumtimes and then u get teleported into a normal black mesa room complet with computer buttons retinal scanners ect, BUT the entire thing is rotate and it spins around wobbling u from side to side as all the buttons in the room magically turn on by them selves when sum alien wind noise fills the room and the windows smash and glass goes spinning in all directions when xen spikes SHOOT through the floor.

well jus an idea

If you like that kind of idea then play the Peaces Like Us mappack for HL. Near the end they have a wierd section like that. You can download it HERE (http://www.tenfourmaps.com/php/review.php?gameid=hl&levid=plu)

*L*E*O*N*
03-02-2002, 08:48 PM
All the monsters' health will be at least 1000. You can also have more than one of each class, you'll just have to wait in line to get the weapons unless you want to be a decoy of some sort.

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
04-02-2002, 01:34 PM
yup exactly wat i was talking about, the peacees like us end bit, IT KIKS ASS goes upside down and round a round and giant clocks and freacky cool holgram aliens and OHHH greeaattt.