PDA

View Full Version : Clone Lab Promo shot

Mad Gonesy
04-02-2002, 08:26 AM
After working quietly away on my map, I finally have something reasonably good looking and playable.. Therefore I whipped up a promo shot when I was bored.. :D

http://www.svencoop.com/mjstuff2/clonelabpromo.jpg

Expect the map to be posted on Showcase in a week or so..

Dutchtux
04-02-2002, 08:58 AM
Looks like a good map.I hope it going to be realy good one.

Adam
04-02-2002, 09:36 AM
Nice work there. The screen shots look really good. Whats the title of your map? What is the showcase?

Mad Gonesy
04-02-2002, 09:43 AM
The map is currently titled 'Clonelab', might change it to something like 'Attack of the Clones' :D

Map showcase is where people post maps on the forum, instead of the delay where people submit the map and it doesn't get posted up for a while. Mappers put their work on the forum and people can play the maps and get feedback before it gets posted on the file page (if the map is good enough)..

http://www.svencoop.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=64

Freaking Neo
04-02-2002, 11:15 AM
Do i see a Friendly Garg ???:D

Mad Gonesy
04-02-2002, 11:57 AM
Nope, you see a garg embryo sort of thing.. :)

Freaking Neo
04-02-2002, 12:15 PM
lol
is it green?? if it is it looks like fg

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
04-02-2002, 01:37 PM
mmmmmmmm nice looks good, only take a week or so, very NICE.

KillJoy
14-02-2002, 01:49 AM
Well,....
1: Its WAY too bright
2:There are NO blood decals next to the dead Scis.
3: 3? there is No 3!

there are curved corners* w00 kudos for figuring out that D#$M veterx t00l*

Thats all f0 now sucka!
Ed

Mad Gonesy
14-02-2002, 06:32 AM
1) I upped the gamma on the images because a) It was too dark for screenshots so fah!

2) omgzor! no blood sprites?! The sci's were a last addition so I haven't had the time to go around spraying blood decals anywhere..

Oh, and you don't need vertex manipulation to make a curved corner. Change from Block to cylinder, either 8 or 16 sides and chop off 3/4, you have your curved wall section of either 2 or 4 faces.

KillJoy
15-02-2002, 09:42 PM
Crap, I didnt know it was that easy*shoots self in foot..*
Oh and my screen is WAY bright too.

and about blood spr's, I apply them to something and they show up in Flat mode, but when i go to 3D tettured they aint there, and when I compile, they aren't in game.
I know it must be something so simple like an offset setting somewhere....
*runs* bye MJ....*fading away....**sucka!*

Adam
16-02-2002, 04:01 AM
Something like that happens to me too. In Direct3D I can not see any decals on the walls. Yet, in OpenGL I can see them fine.

Also in worldcraft, the decal tool is somewhat unintuitive when it comes to editing already placed decals like repositioning a placed decal, placing a decal ontop of another decal, or even being able to select a decal in the 3D view. If there is ever going to be a version 4 of worldcraft they really should fix up the decal tool.

Then again, I have a huge list of improvments that need to be added to worldcraft, but that has nothing to do with the decals you were talking about.