PDA

View Full Version : Gozilla

Firstfighter
05-02-2002, 01:03 PM
How about a gozilla map? change the garg skin to gozilla and baby garg skin to baby gozilla!

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
05-02-2002, 02:53 PM
yes to the baby garg a bit, but i would say a definate no to the grown garg gozilla, AS

if u would want the effect of BIG KIK ASS GODZILLA then it would have to be VERY BIG as big as a sky scraper and the little ole hl engine would jus make everything run at 5 fps with sumthing that big with all the polygons and biggness and stuff.

the baby garg godzilla sound good BUT u`d need all new animations, it looks pretty complex to do but hell wat do i know :p ask a modler.

DeathBog
05-02-2002, 05:16 PM
Sounds possible to me. I dont think large polygons are any more system-taxing than small ones. Has anyone had performance issues with the big blue bullchicken?

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
05-02-2002, 07:37 PM
but thats only a big blue chicken, this is gonna if it is to be realistic then the size of HUGE skyscrapers. i think at that size then polygons WOULD be a problem, well to make it look good or else it would jus a big blured browny grey thing.

Sniper
05-02-2002, 08:03 PM
Well a big creature the size of a tall building wouldn't have the same polygon count as a scaled monster.

I'm guessing a tall godzilla would have more polygons than a scaled monster.

Just a guess though.

Mr. Chris
05-02-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by DeathBog
Sounds possible to me. I dont think large polygons are any more system-taxing than small ones. Has anyone had performance issues with the big blue bullchicken?

Not at all

With the godzilla thing, he'd need like 100000 hp and the baby one 15000

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
06-02-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Sniper
Well a big creature the size of a tall building wouldn't have the same polygon count as a scaled monster.

I'm guessing a tall godzilla would have more polygons than a scaled monster.

Just a guess though.

u talking about, stretching a monster to be as big as a tall building, remember the engine cut off point, i still think it would be too big.

DeathBog
06-02-2002, 09:34 PM
Of course it couldn't be as tall as the real godzilla. I was thinking along the lines of something say three times as high as the mega-bullchicken.
Animating it in milkshape would be problematic; currently the big-bullchicken takes up the whole screen when fully zoomed out. Maybe 3d studio max could do it...

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
06-02-2002, 11:11 PM
hmmmmmm 3 times as big as a mega blue thing,

ponder ponder ponders.

YUP dat would be bloddy huge, and i think JUS might pull off an effect of biggniss, if we would make mabye 2 level houses instead of skyscrapers.