PDA

View Full Version : Creating a Sven Co-op map

Nih
23-01-2016, 06:46 AM
Creating a Sven Co-op map
This guide will prepare you for making custom maps for Sven Co-op. It has been written for the current version, 5.0, which is available from Steam.

Configuring Hammer
Note: The hammer configuration described in this subsection has not yet been tested by me. It should work, but the game will likely not start automatically when using the 'Run Map!' button. Just load the game normally and start the map from there.

To map for Sven Co-op it is recommended that you use the SDK included with the game, but it is not a requirement. You can use whatever mapping editor and compile tools you prefer. However, if you want to make use of the increased engine limits, you will likely need to use our compile tools.

First step is to install the Sven Co-op SDK. In your Steam Library, you can switch from 'Games' to 'Tools'. There you will find it.

Inside Valve Hammer Editor, you will have to enter Options and configure some things.

- In the Textures tab, add whichever .wads you wish to use.

- In Game Configurations:
1. Click the Edit button next to the configuration field and add a configuration called whatever you like.
2. Add the SC .fgd. A common path name looks like this: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop\sven-coop.fgd
2b. You'll probably want to add zhlt.fgd (C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\compilers)
3. Select default point entities and solid entities. info_player_deathmatch and func_wall are good recommendations.
4. Set up Game Executable Directory. Should look like C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op
5. Set up Mod Directory. Should look like C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop
6. Set up Game Directory. Should look like C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop
7. Set up RMF directory. Should look like C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\hammer\maps

- In Build Programs:
1. Set game executable: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop.exe
2. Set up CSG, BSP, VIS and RAD executables. The 64bit versions have names like "SC-RAD_x64.exe", the 32bit versions "SC-RAD.exe". They can be found in Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\compilers
3. Choose a directory to place compiled maps in. The directory should look like C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps

At some point in your mapping career, you may want to look into batch compiling: http://twhl.info/tutorial.php?id=35
And advanced compile settings: http://zhlt.info/command-reference.html

Introduction to the basics of mapping
If you have never created a map for a game based on the HL1 engine, such as Sven Co-op, it is recommended that you read some tutorials that introduce you to the basics. The website The Whole Half-Life has one such tutorial available: http://twhl.info/tutorial.php?id=23

Keep in mind that the TWHL tutorial above is an introduction to Half-Life 1 mapping and is not Sven Co-op specific. However, the lessons learned in the tutorial and its 6 parts are also useable for Sven Co-op mapping. There are also many other tutorials on TWHL that are useful, since Sven Co-op is in essence just an expansion of Half-Life 1.

Sven Co-op mapping
Let’s assume that you are now somewhat familiar with the process of creating a map for a HL1 engine game. Let us then focus on the things that are important to know when creating a map for Sven Co-op.

Creating a Sven Co-op map is very similar to creating a map for Half-Life 1 Singleplayer. As a Sven Co-op player you will know that Sven Co-op maps can be very different and sometimes have very unusual premises, but in general most maps follow a structure that is commonly called “Walkthrough”. In a walkthrough map, players start at one end of the map, proceed through a variety of environments while killing enemies and completing puzzles, until they reach their final objective and the map ends. It is easy to see the similarity between this kind of map and a Half-life singleplayer map. One major difference is that in the typical walkthrough map, players can respawn whenever they die. The Sven Co-op team is aiming to move the mod in a direction with more “losable” maps, for example by use of the Survival mode, but creating a walkthrough map is generally a good way for a new mapper to begin practicing.

Sven Co-op requirements
First off, you should know that SC uses info_player_deathmatch entities as spawn points instead of Half-Life singleplayer’s info_player_start. You should always have a decent amount of spawn points in your map to ensure players don’t spawn inside each other. On a 16 player server, it is not impossible that all players will spawn at the same time on map start. For this reason, consider having about 8-16 spawn points at least.

Second, ensure that your map ends at some point. The common way of doing this is to trigger a game_end when players reach or complete an objective. For example, the game_end can be triggered when a player enters an area with a trigger_once. An alternative to game_end is used in map series: If you want players to progress to the next map in a series, use the trigger_changelevel brush entity to change to the map you specify. Keep in mind that backtracking to a previous map does not work like it does in Half-Life singleplayer - The map players backtrack to will simply be reset, unless some extra entity trickery is used.

Sven Co-op entities
Sven Co-op includes all the standard Half-Life 1 entities (with a few exceptions) but also includes a large number of new entities that allow mappers to create more varied and customized maps.

A guide to the entities in Sven Co-op can be found here: https://sites.google.com/site/svenmanor/entguide

CFG files
You can set up various options in map CFG files, such as changing the player starting weapons/ammo/items, turning realistic falling damage on/off, forcing a certain map to be run after the current map ends, etc. This is a powerful system and allows the mappers to set the rules of the game without a lot of entity usage.

When a map is loaded in Sven Co-op, the game automatically tries to execute a CFG file with the same filename as the map (but ending in .cfg instead of .bsp). For example, if you ran a map called svencoop1.bsp, the game would try to execute a file called svencoop1.cfg. If no file of that name exists, default settings will be used (Players start with a crowbar, a pistol and other default settings). All CFG files must be in the same directory as the .bsp for them to be recognized.

The Manual (http://www.svencoop.com/manual/mapping-config.html) provides an overview of the settings that can be put in the .cfg, as well as a few other map-specific files. You can also look at the .cfg files of other maps to compare.

In almost all maps you will want to make use of a map CFG. It is much better to give players their weapons and ammo via a CFG than by placing the equipment as entities in the map, because an excess amount of ammo_ and weapon_ entities can reduce the framerate in a room and players will be fighting over who gets to pick up the items.

.Res Files
When distributing a map with custom content such as models or wads, you will need a .res file if you want players to be able to download the content from game servers. A .res file lists all the files associated with your map that are required to play it.

A guide can be found here: http://scmapdb.com/tutorial:map-file-distribution-guide
You can also look at the .res files of custom maps for examples.

Angelscript
Sven Co-op 5.0 includes a scripting language to allow for advanced map scripting. As a beginning mapper you are recommended to simply rely on the available entities, but at some point in your mapping career you will want to look into Angelscript, either to discover new ways of manipulating the game or to simplify the creation of advanced map scripts. Some programming experience is recommended before trying to use Angelscript. An introduction to Angelscript can be found here: http://forums.svencoop.com/showthread.php/42702-Angelscript-Introduction

Mapping tips
- Even though computers of today are quite powerful, be careful not to push the limits of the game too hard. Areas with high polycounts can cause slowdowns on modern computers if their graphics card is not optimized for use in OpenGL games, and an excess amount of active NPCs can easily cause network lag. A w_poly max of 1200 is recommended and you can look at other maps to see how many active monsters the game can handle.

- As mentioned earlier, the Sven Co-op team is highly interested in maps with losable gameplay, so you should seriously consider making maps of that type. By losable, we mean a map where every action of a player either contributes to or reduces the players’ chance of success, because the map can potentially end with a ‘negative’ ending if the players do not perform well enough. An example is a survival-type map, where players who die become spectators, and the players will lose once everyone is dead. Another kind of losable map is Fortified, where players are threatened with failure if they run out of resources or time. A losable map often requires more forethought and testing, but the end result is seriously worth it, as players will feel a stronger sensation that their actions matter.

- A good map is always tested with a group of people before being released. Consider asking on the Sven Co-op forums if you need testers.

- Try to include cooperative puzzles or gameplay mechanisms in your map, where players must work together to proceed. A classic example is the two player button sequence, but this can often be seen as a filler sequence or a cliché. However, there are plenty of opportunities for coming up with new and original cooperative gameplay sequences.

- You can find useful utilities for map creation here (http://www.svencoop.com/links.php). Other useful tools include Wally (http://cs.gamebanana.com/tools/4774) for .wad creation and Sprite Explorer (http://cs.gamebanana.com/tools/4775) for sprite creation.

- Mapping can sometimes be a challenge without assistance from others. The people in the Sven Co-op Mapping Forum (http://forums.svencoop.com/forumdisplay.php/44-Mapping) are always ready to lend a helping hand, and you can also find plenty of mapping resources and tutorials there. If you need immediate mapping help, you can also visit the Sven Co-op IRC channel (http://www.svencoop.com/chat/) (just be aware that you cannot expect an instant answer on the IRC channel either.)

BloodShed
23-01-2016, 08:31 AM
Um Shouldn't the compiled maps be placed in C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps instead of C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop\maps?

Nih
23-01-2016, 09:20 AM
Um Shouldn't the compiled maps be placed in C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps instead of C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop\maps?

Not strictly required, but a good idea. I have edited it now.

Mitko
23-01-2016, 03:25 PM
When I switched to the Hammer version included in the SDK and its compilers, absolutely every entity appears to be a leak on an old map of mine. It compiles and runs perfectly fine on a modded 3.5.3 version without any leaks and with working lights.

I removed all the entities and tried to insert one using the Hammer provided in the SDK thinking that it may have something to do with changes in the fgd but I'm still getting compile errors.

Warning: === LEAK in hull 0 ===
Entity info_player_deathmatch @ ( 191,-3809,-126)
Error:
A LEAK is a hole in the map, where the inside of it is exposed to the
(unwanted) outside region. The entity listed in the error is just a helpful
indication of where the beginning of the leak pointfile starts, so the
beginning of the line can be quickly found and traced to until reaching the
outside. Unless this entity is accidentally on the outside of the map, it
probably should not be deleted. Some complex rotating objects entities need
their origins outside the map. To deal with these, just enclose the origin
brush with a solid world brush
Any ideas?

Nih
23-01-2016, 03:57 PM
My guess: Our compiler calculates geometry using floating point coordinates (i.e. with decimals). When you clip or vertex manipulate a brush, you sometimes end up with coordinates that do not fit on the grid perfectly. Hammer will save the coordinates in floating point, but most compile tools will convert the coordinates to the closest integer. In your situation, this meant your map was leak-free, but in other situations it might have caused leaks. Because our compile tools do not convert coordinates to integers, a certain brush may be less than a unit apart from another brush, causing a leak. What you should do is to load the pointfile .lin, and follow the line until you find the leak. The entities are not leaks by the way, they are just listed to give you a place to start your search. I don't know if hammer 3.4 (which our hammer is based on) shows the line in the 3D view, so you may have to use hammer 3.5 for that. You can also consider in which places you have done unusual clipping and check those areas first.

A_Ninja
23-01-2016, 04:33 PM
Thanks for putting this together Nih, I'm sure a lot of folks are interested now with 5.0 out. I suggest you put this as a guide for the steam hub for the game as well to get some more exposure for it.

Mitko
23-01-2016, 04:41 PM
My guess: Our compiler calculates geometry using floating point coordinates (i.e. with decimals). When you clip or vertex manipulate a brush, you sometimes end up with coordinates that do not fit on the grid perfectly. Hammer will save the coordinates in floating point, but most compile tools will convert the coordinates to the closest integer. In your situation, this meant your map was leak-free, but in other situations it might have caused leaks. Because our compile tools do not convert coordinates to integers, a certain brush may be less than a unit apart from another brush, causing a leak. What you should do is to load the pointfile .lin, and follow the line until you find the leak. The entities are not leaks by the way, they are just listed to give you a place to start your search. I don't know if hammer 3.4 (which our hammer is based on) shows the line in the 3D view, so you may have to use hammer 3.5 for that. You can also consider in which places you have done unusual clipping and check those areas first.
Thanks for the reply. The line appears to end at an area where everything appears to be in its spot. Bottom, top, left and right brushes are all connected just fine which results in a perfectly closed box. This is confusing...

Would you mind if I sent you the rmf so that you could take a quick peak/test compile and give me some hints if I've done anything wrong?

Nih
23-01-2016, 05:06 PM
Sure, send it over.

Vietnam Flashbacks
27-01-2016, 09:36 PM
7. Set up RMF directory. Should look like C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\hammer\maps

In my hammer folder there is no mapping folder. What do i do? Create one?

CryoKeen
27-01-2016, 09:50 PM
In my hammer folder there is no mapping folder. What do i do? Create one?

yes that is a good idea yoloswag

Vietnam Flashbacks
28-01-2016, 04:49 PM
yes that is a good idea yoloswag

thanks m8

Prex
31-01-2016, 03:18 PM
It doesn't work for me... I made a simple map and placed 6 info_player_deathmatch on the floor and run the map. But when i joined after a second it reconnects. I saw the map for a split second though.

Nih
31-01-2016, 04:28 PM
Can you show your compile log?

milkman
31-01-2016, 05:42 PM
I'm having the same issue:
Hammer log: http://pastebin.com/K9j1jc0u
Sven log: http://pastebin.com/ucr8Fb4P

The map is a room containing a few info_player_deathmatch's and a func_button targeting a game_end.
It loads for a split second, and during that brief moment, my player character died multiple times.

Edit: whoops, just had to set svencoop.exe to run as an administrator.

AsG_Alligator
02-02-2016, 07:53 AM
I'm having a similar problem: map compiles, Sven Co-Op launches, then it gets stuck on "Estabilishing network connection to server" and i get "Failed to contact game server" after a moment.

EDIT: Seems I fixed it (sort of) by changing the editor from Hammer 3.4 to Jackhammer 1.1.

SourceSkyBoxer
02-02-2016, 01:51 PM
Nice idea.. But *.as is Actionscript and it was owned by Adobe System. Please change other extension for Sven Coop. I suggest *.agls for Angelscript.

Because i am using Flash Develop. Please change to *.agls for Angelscript. Thanks! If you don't know than you can download Adobe Creative Clounds and "Install" Flash CC 2015 or newer version than you can open *.as it is "Actionscript"

Please check wikipedia *.as (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ActionScript)!

Thanks for understanding owned extension of Flash.

1lucia
03-02-2016, 02:04 PM
So, i was making a map. Im doing (as test) only:
A skybox,
a flat plate,
info_player_deathmatch entities.
Compile error, (Note, on my screen its in German, im trying to translate as best as i can.)
The Command failed. Windows reported the error:
The Syntax of the Filename, Directoryname, Volume label is wrong. (Volume label is very probably wrong, but i don't know better)
Continue?

Can anyone help?

wolf-3d
03-02-2016, 02:15 PM
@1lucia, The error -> The Syntax of the Filename, Directoryname, Volume label is wrong,
can be caused due to having "spaces" in your path name. e.g. C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\compilers,
if this is the case, you need to enclose it in double quotes:
"C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\compilers"

Also are you compiling via Hammer or some sort of batch process?

PS: If "spaces" in your path, is not the problem or is already in double quotes can you post your compile log ?

1lucia
05-02-2016, 01:38 PM
** Executing...
** Command: Change Directory
** Parameters: "D:\Programme x86\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op"

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "D:\Programme x86\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop\maps\SectoreZ.map" "D:\Programme x86:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps instead of C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoo\SectoreZ.map"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
"Die Syntax für den Dateinamen, Verzeichnisnamen oder die Datenträgerbezeichnung ist falsch."

** Executing...
** Command: D:\Programme x86\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\compilers\SC-CSG_x64.exe
** Parameters: "D:\Programme x86:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps instead of C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoo\SectoreZ"

Unknown option "Co-op"
hlcsg v3.4-VL34-SC5.0 64-bit (Jan 3 2016)
Zoner's Half-Life Compilation Tools -- Custom build for Sven Co-op 5.0
Based on code modifications by Vluzacn (VL34)
Based on code modifications by Sean 'Zoner' Cavanaugh (3.4)
Based on Valve's version, modified with permission.
Submit detailed bug reports to http://forums.svencoop.com

-= hlcsg Options =-

-console # : Set to 0 to turn off the pop-up console (default is 1)
-lang file : localization file
-nowadtextures : include all used textures into bsp
-wadinclude file : place textures used from wad specified into bsp
-noclip : don't create clipping hull
-clipeconomy : turn clipnode economy mode on
-cliptype value : set to smallest, normalized, simple, precise, or legacy (default)
-nullfile file : specify list of entities to retexture with NULL
-onlyents : do an entity update from .map to .bsp
-noskyclip : disable automatic clipping of SKY brushes
-tiny # : minmum brush face surface area before it is discarded
-brushunion # : threshold to warn about overlapping brushes

-hullfile file : Reads in custom collision hull dimensions
-wadcfgfile file : wad configuration file
-wadconfig name : use the old wad configuration approach (select a group from wad.cfg)
-texdata # : Alter maximum texture memory limit (in kb)
-lightdata # : Alter maximum lighting memory limit (in kb)
-chart : display bsp statitics
-low | -high : run program an altered priority level
-nolog : don't generate the compile logfiles
-noresetlog : Do not delete log file
-threads # : manually specify the number of threads to run
-estimate : display estimated time during compile
-verbose : compile with verbose messages
-noinfo : Do not show tool configuration information
-nonulltex : Turns off null texture stripping
-nonullifytrigger: don't remove 'aaatrigger' texture
-nolightopt : don't optimize engine light entities
-notextconvert : don't convert game_text message from Windows ANSI to UTF8 format
-dev # : compile with developer message

-wadautodetect : Force auto-detection of wadfiles
-scale # : Scale the world. Use at your own risk.
mapfile : The mapfile to compile

** Executing...
** Command: D:\Programme x86\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\compilers\SC-BSP_x64.exe
** Parameters: "D:\Programme x86:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps instead of C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoo\SectoreZ"

Unknown option "Co-op"
hlbsp v3.4-VL34-SC5.0 64-bit (Jan 3 2016)

-= hlbsp Options =-

-leakonly : Run BSP only enough to check for LEAKs
-subdivide # : Sets the face subdivide size
-maxnodesize # : Sets the maximum portal node size

-notjunc : Don't break edges on t-junctions (not for final runs)
-nobrink : Don't smooth brinks (not for final runs)
-noclip : Don't process the clipping hull (not for final runs)
-nofill : Don't fill outside (will mask LEAKs) (not for final runs)
-noinsidefill : Don't fill empty spaces
-noopt : Don't optimize planes on BSP write (not for final runs)
-noclipnodemerge: Don't optimize clipnodes
-nonulltex : Don't strip NULL faces
-nohull2 : Don't generate hull 2 (the clipping hull for large monsters and pushables)
-viewportal : Show portal boundaries in 'mapname_portal.pts' file

** Executing...
** Command: D:\Programme x86\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\compilers\SC-VIS_x64.exe

Unknown option "Co-op"
hlvis v3.4-VL34-SC5.0 64-bit (Jan 3 2016)

-= hlvis Options =-

-full : Full vis
-fast : Fast vis

-maxdistance # : Alter the maximum distance for visibility

** Executing...
** Command: D:\Programme x86\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\compilers\SC-RAD_x64.exe

Unknown option "Co-op"
hlrad v3.4-VL34-SC5.0 64-bit (Jan 3 2016)

-= hlrad Options =-

-waddir folder : Search this folder for wad files.
-fast : Fast rad
-vismatrix value: Set vismatrix method to normal, sparse or off .
-extra : Improve lighting quality by doing 9 point oversampling
-bounce # : Set number of radiosity bounces
-ambient r g b : Set ambient world light (0.0 to 1.0, r g b)
-limiter # : Set light clipping threshold (-1=None)
-circus : Enable 'circus' mode for locating unlit lightmaps
-nospread : Disable sunlight spread angles for this compile
-nopaque : Disable the opaque zhlt_lightflags for this compile

-smooth # : Set smoothing threshold for blending (in degrees)
-smooth2 # : Set smoothing threshold between different textures
-chop # : Set radiosity patch size for normal textures
-texchop # : Set radiosity patch size for texture light faces

-notexscale : Do not scale radiosity patches with texture scale
-coring # : Set lighting threshold before blackness
-dlight # : Set direct lighting threshold
-nolerp : Disable radiosity interpolation, nearest point instead

-fade # : Set global fade (larger values = shorter lights)
-texlightgap # : Set global gap distance for texlights
-scale # : Set global light scaling value
-gamma # : Set global gamma value

-sky # : Set ambient sunlight contribution in the shade outside
-lights file : Manually specify a lights.rad file to use
-noskyfix : Disable light_environment being global
-incremental : Use or create an incremental transfer list file

-dump : Dumps light patches to a file for hlrad debugging info

-nolog : Do not generate the compile logfiles

-colourgamma r g b : Sets different gamma values for r, g, b
-colourscale r g b : Sets different lightscale values for r, g ,b
-colourjitter r g b : Adds noise, independent colours, for dithering
-jitter r g b : Adds noise, monochromatic, for dithering
-customshadowwithbounce : Enables custom shadows with bounce light
-rgbtransfers : Enables RGB Transfers (for custom shadows)

-minlight # : Minimum final light (integer from 0 to 255)
-compress # : compress tranfer ( 0=32bit 1=16bit 2=8bit )
-rgbcompress # : compress rgbtranfer ( 0=96bit 1=48bit 2=32bit 3=24bit )
-softsky # : Smooth skylight.(0=off 1=on)
-depth # : Thickness of translucent objects.
-blockopaque # : Remove the black areas around opaque entities.(0=off 1=on)
-notextures : Don't load textures.
-texreflectgamma # : Gamma that relates reflectivity to texture color bits.
-texreflectscale # : Reflectivity for 255-white texture.
-blur # : Enlarge lightmap sample to blur the lightmap.
-noemitterrange: Don't fix pointy texlights.
-nobleedfix : Don't fix wall bleeding problem for large blur value.
-drawpatch : Export light patch positions to file 'mapname_patch.pts'.
-drawsample x y z r : Export light sample positions in an area to file 'mapname_sample.pts'.
-drawedge : Export smooth edge positions to file 'mapname_edge.pts'.
-drawlerp : Show bounce light triangulation status.
-drawnudge : Show nudged samples.
-drawoverload : Highlight fullbright spots

** Executing...
** Command: D:\Programme x86\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop.exe
** Parameters: +map "SectoreZ"

Nih
05-02-2016, 01:56 PM
It's hard for me to tell what's going on here, but this looks like where the problem is appearing:

** Parameters: "D:\Programme x86\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop\maps\SectoreZ.map" "D:\Programme x86:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps instead of C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoo\SectoreZ.map"

It looks like one of the directories is not set up correctly in Game Configurations or Build Programs.

SourceSkyBoxer
05-02-2016, 02:14 PM
Hey

I found path than it can not compile complete.
Like this:

** Command: D:\Programme x86\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop.exe
Please make sure and change path to "path"

Please change "Sven Coop" to "SvenCoop" if you update next version! Please don't use space! Thanks!
PS: If you don't change than we use PatchCompiler by Nem. Allright?

1lucia
06-02-2016, 08:30 AM
Please make sure and change path to "path"

Please change "Sven Coop" to "SvenCoop" if you update next version! Please don't use space! Thanks!
So, my path should be changed from
D:\Programme x86\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop.exe
to
"D:\Programme x86\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop.exe"
And, what do you mean by "Please change "Sven coop" to SvenCoop" if you update next version!
When i update the game, do you get the choice do rename it? Or how exactly do you mean it.
Thanks.

wolf-3d
06-02-2016, 01:11 PM
The problem is:

** Executing...

In order for the compilers to start they need the file "SectoreZ.map" to be in the correct directory, it is not being copied across, so you can ignore (for the moment) all other errors/problems.

next Line:

** Parameters: "D:\Programme x86\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop\maps\SectoreZ.map"
(This looks okay to me the path is enclosed in double quotes as it should be, the only possible problem I can see is "D:\Programme x86" (on D: drive). Also do you have a folder "C:\Programme x86" ? because it then says:

"D:\Programme x86:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps instead of C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoo\SectoreZ.map"

These are both Errors. Note the extra ':' after x86 in "D:\Programme x86:"
and that hammer then tries to fix this by swapping it to "C:\" (Which is also wrong.)

Suggest: Go into Hammer, Menu->Tools, Menu->Options, Pop-up Window -> "Configure Value Hammer" Check Both "Game Configurations" Tab and "Build Programs" Tabs. Look for any path beginning with "C:\" (They should all be on the same drive location which is D: in your setup)

If they are all on D: drive and you do not have "C:\Programme x86" on your C: drive, then I guess an old problem has re-occured (which I thought was fixed) and you may have to re-install Sven Coop and SC SDK to your C: Drive and then reconfigure the paths all to C: in "Game Configurations" Tab and "Build Programs" Tabs.

EDIT/forgot: Also check for any extra ':' in one of the path names.

1lucia
06-02-2016, 03:20 PM
My C: is sadly full, any way around?
And, there was a ':' in "Place compiled maps in this directory before running the game."
and the "D:\Programme x86:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps instead of C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoo\SectoreZ.map"
i really can't explain, there is no C:\Programme x86 at all.

fans12349
06-02-2016, 04:04 PM
w_poly is a command?? How I can reduce the low fps?? I need help with this :(

wolf-3d
06-02-2016, 05:38 PM
My C: is sadly full, any way around?
And, there was a ':' in "Place compiled maps in this directory before running the game."
and the "D:\Programme x86:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps instead of C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoo\SectoreZ.map"
i really can't explain, there is no C:\Programme x86 at all.

Okay, if "C:\Programme x86" does not exist, we should be able to get it to work.
So lets try again going into Hammer, Menu->Tools, Menu->Options, Pop-up Window -> "Configure Value Hammer" and then "Game Configurations" Tab and instead of using the "Browse Button", cut and paste (including the start " and end " ) into each Field:

Game executable directory: "D:\Programme x86\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op"
MOD Directory: "D:\Programme x86\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop"
Game Directoty: "D:\Programme x86\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop"
RMF Directory: (Where every you store your maps, you could use "D:\myOwnSvenMaps" or could use
"D:\Programme x86\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop\maps" )

then Move to the "Build Programs" Tab.
Game Executable: "D:\Programme x86\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop.exe"
CSG executable: "D:\Programme x86\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\compilers\SC-CSG.exe"
BSP executable: "D:\Programme x86\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\compilers\SC-BSP.exe"
VIS executable: "D:\Programme x86\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\compilers\SC-VIS.exe"
RAD executable: "D:\Programme x86\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\compilers\SC-RAD.exe"
Place compiled maps in this directory before running the game: "D:\Programme x86\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop\maps"

Make sure you press Okay to Save these changes.
Then close Hammer and reopen Hammer to make sure it has loaded the new settings.

Open your test map and press F9 and try and compile.
(If I have not made any typing mistakes, then it should either work or you will get a different set of errors, which we can try to fix.)

SourceSkyBoxer
07-02-2016, 10:04 AM
@Wolf-3D

yes i have written suggestion to path problem..

I just ask you why does it happen if i want arguments of sc_csg_x64.exe "-nowadtextures" than JackHammer or Valve Hammer stopped to compile progess than prt won't write. Has compiler csg bug?

If i am creating room in -32.768 to coordinator than i play ingame if player rotates than map is black color. why does it happen?? Is itz bug? are you sure i should use compilers for x86 bett er than x64 compilers?

Thanks for understanding. If you try room from - or + 32.768 than it is happened if you rotate and you see black color of outside look.

EDIT: Check my youtube video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV6aafzwhSM

wolf-3d
07-02-2016, 11:17 AM
@Wolf-3D

I just ask you why does it happen if i want arguments of sc_csg_x64.exe "-nowadtextures" than JackHammer or Valve Hammer stopped to compile progess than prt won't write. Has compiler csg bug?

IDK, try to compile same map with sc-csg.exe (32 bit) and see if it makes LEAK.prt for you ?

If i am creating room in -32.768 to coordinator than i play ingame if player rotates than map is black color. why does it happen?? Is itz bug? are you sure i should use compilers for x86 bett er than x64 compilers?

Yes, this is Bug in SC Code/HL Engine, (or maybe compilers IDK) but the programmers will look and find the cause.

SourceSkyBoxer
07-02-2016, 12:43 PM
IDK, try to compile same map with sc-csg.exe (32 bit) and see if it makes LEAK.prt for you ?

Yes, this is Bug in SC Code/HL Engine, (or maybe compilers IDK) but the programmers will look and find the cause.Haha i have tried compiler x32 has black color too

I found Half-Life Engine ( original goldsource engine has not problem but problem with flash light can not show after -/+32768 ( trick with delta.lst up to -/+65356 since i try to Valve Hammer Editor upto 64k from SVen Co-Op Forum. Trinidy and Half-Life Engine has not problem but maybe flashlight doesn't see nafter -/+32768

But Half-Life works fine without black color. Since i hack delta file outside of -/+32768
And Sven Co-Op can not show after -/+32768. That is why bad issus

my dear coders do not forget to write -/+32768 from HL-SDK
If your find bspfile.c / h than max_range and fulllight must be same upto -/+130712

If you try flashlight works upto -/+130712 than you need check than SC5.0 released if it is completed.

That is status is not "final" just "beta"

svenhelp
16-05-2016, 06:57 PM
When I press f9 to compile the game says the map does not exist... shouldn't the output be a bsp file? I followed the instructions exactly...

Solokiller
17-05-2016, 04:26 AM
Can you post the map compilation output?

svenhelp
17-05-2016, 05:49 AM
I'll try to get a map compilation output later.

Solokiller
17-05-2016, 06:03 AM
I've sent you a PM.

necrocakes
22-06-2016, 05:59 PM
Ok, I followed the basic tutorial as linked in the article and got as far as finishing a basic hollowed out cube with a player spawn and a light in it. I proceeded to attempt to run the application and Sven Coop opens. I am then brought to a black screen, despite the light that was inserted. When I hit escape the standard menu appears and the option of resume game is present, leading me to believe that the map is running. also present in the menu is the developer console, I did my best to attempt to make sense of it but cant seem to pull out anything useful besides a single error: (Error: server failed to transmit file 'maps/soundcache/Map'). Any Ideas? I do have the ability to copy/paste the entire console if it helps.

DrRhubarb
23-06-2016, 12:42 AM
Ok, I followed the basic tutorial as linked in the article and got as far as finishing a basic hollowed out cube with a player spawn and a light in it. I proceeded to attempt to run the application and Sven Coop opens. I am then brought to a black screen, despite the light that was inserted.

Can you upload the RMF so I can look at it? Maybe see through that what you maybe did wrong.

necrocakes
23-06-2016, 09:14 AM
Can you upload the RMF so I can look at it? Maybe see through that what you maybe did wrong.

Not quite sure how, If I attempt to send it as an attachment it says its an invalid file type

TrEmPlEr
23-06-2016, 10:09 AM
Use Gdrive to upload stuff than :) free and easy to use

necrocakes
23-06-2016, 03:19 PM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_1rVm2VjHdycTdSWEZWME5PNEU/view?usp=sharing
link to the RMF file

DrRhubarb
23-06-2016, 11:10 PM
What you did is you used the AAATRIGGER texture for the walls. This texture is used for Trigger-Brush Entities and does not get shown ingame (it's invisible).

Use a different texture like plain walls and floors from the texture browser and you are good.
For more infos and help on texturing and everything you can do with it, head over to this guide: http://www.the303.org/tutorials/gold_texture.htm

necrocakes
25-06-2016, 05:38 PM
Thanks, I appreciate it

Dark The Prototype
30-08-2016, 04:29 AM
Got a problem related to the compilation.

when i compile the map the game says change map failed "SC_testmap" (my map's name)not found on server.

Can someome help me please? this happend to me in HL1's hammer too.

Here you have the compile process Window:

** Executing...
** Parameters: D:\SteamLibraryHDD\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op

** Executing...
** Parameters: "D:\GOLDSRC_MAPS\SC_testmap.map" "D:\SteamLibraryHDD\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\SC_testmap.map"

** Executing...
** Command: D:\SteamLibraryHDD\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\compilers\SC-CSG_x64.exe
** Parameters: "D:\SteamLibraryHDD\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\SC_testmap"

Unknown option "SDK\mapping\compilers\SC-CSG_x64.exe"
hlcsg v3.4-VL34-SC5.0 64-bit (Mar 2 2016)

-= hlcsg Options =-

-nowadtextures : include all used textures into bsp
-wadinclude file : place textures used from wad specified into bsp
-noclip : don't create clipping hull
-clipeconomy : turn clipnode economy mode on
-cliptype value : set to smallest, normalized, simple, precise, or legacy (default)
-nullfile file : specify list of entities to retexture with NULL
-onlyents : do an entity update from .map to .bsp
-noskyclip : disable automatic clipping of SKY brushes
-tiny # : minmum brush face surface area before it is discarded
-brushunion # : threshold to warn about overlapping brushes

-hullfile file : Reads in custom collision hull dimensions
-wadcfgfile file : wad configuration file
-wadconfig name : use the old wad configuration approach (select a group from wad.cfg)
-noresetlog : Do not delete log file
-nonulltex : Turns off null texture stripping
-nolightopt : don't optimize engine light entities
-notextconvert : don't convert game_text message from Windows ANSI to UTF8 format

-wadautodetect : Force auto-detection of wadfiles
-scale # : Scale the world. Use at your own risk.

** Executing...
** Command: D:\SteamLibraryHDD\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\compilers\SC-BSP_x64.exe
** Parameters: "D:\SteamLibraryHDD\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\SC_testmap"

Unknown option "SDK\mapping\compilers\SC-BSP_x64.exe"
hlbsp v3.4-VL34-SC5.0 64-bit (Mar 2 2016)

-= hlbsp Options =-

-leakonly : Run BSP only enough to check for LEAKs
-subdivide # : Sets the face subdivide size
-maxnodesize # : Sets the maximum portal node size

-notjunc : Don't break edges on t-junctions (not for final runs)
-nobrink : Don't smooth brinks (not for final runs)
-noclip : Don't process the clipping hull (not for final runs)
-nofill : Don't fill outside (will mask LEAKs) (not for final runs)
-noinsidefill : Don't fill empty spaces
-noopt : Don't optimize planes on BSP write (not for final runs)
-noclipnodemerge: Don't optimize clipnodes
-nonulltex : Don't strip NULL faces
-nohull2 : Don't generate hull 2 (the clipping hull for large monsters and pushables)
-viewportal : Show portal boundaries in 'mapname_portal.pts' file

** Executing...
** Command: D:\SteamLibraryHDD\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\compilers\SC-VIS_x64.exe

Unknown option "SDK\mapping\compilers\SC-VIS_x64.exe"
hlvis v3.4-VL34-SC5.0 64-bit (Mar 2 2016)

-= hlvis Options =-

-full : Full vis
-fast : Fast vis

-maxdistance # : Alter the maximum distance for visibility

** Executing...
** Command: D:\SteamLibraryHDD\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\compilers\SC-RAD_x64.exe

Unknown option "SDK\mapping\compilers\SC-RAD_x64.exe"
hlrad v3.4-VL34-SC5.0 64-bit (Mar 2 2016)

-= hlrad Options =-

-waddir folder : Search this folder for wad files.
-fast : Fast rad
-vismatrix value: Set vismatrix method to normal, sparse or off .
-extra : Improve lighting quality by doing 9 point oversampling
-bounce # : Set number of radiosity bounces
-ambient r g b : Set ambient world light (0.0 to 1.0, r g b)
-limiter # : Set light clipping threshold (-1=None)
-circus : Enable 'circus' mode for locating unlit lightmaps
-nospread : Disable sunlight spread angles for this compile
-nopaque : Disable the opaque zhlt_lightflags for this compile

-smooth # : Set smoothing threshold for blending (in degrees)
-smooth2 # : Set smoothing threshold between different textures
-chop # : Set radiosity patch size for normal textures
-texchop # : Set radiosity patch size for texture light faces

-notexscale : Do not scale radiosity patches with texture scale
-coring # : Set lighting threshold before blackness
-dlight # : Set direct lighting threshold
-nolerp : Disable radiosity interpolation, nearest point instead

-fade # : Set global fade (larger values = shorter lights)
-texlightgap # : Set global gap distance for texlights
-scale # : Set global light scaling value
-gamma # : Set global gamma value

-sky # : Set ambient sunlight contribution in the shade outside
-lights file : Manually specify a lights.rad file to use
-noskyfix : Disable light_environment being global
-incremental : Use or create an incremental transfer list file

-dump : Dumps light patches to a file for hlrad debugging info

-nolog : Do not generate the compile logfiles

-colourgamma r g b : Sets different gamma values for r, g, b
-colourscale r g b : Sets different lightscale values for r, g ,b
-colourjitter r g b : Adds noise, independent colours, for dithering
-jitter r g b : Adds noise, monochromatic, for dithering
-customshadowwithbounce : Enables custom shadows with bounce light
-rgbtransfers : Enables RGB Transfers (for custom shadows)

-minlight # : Minimum final light (integer from 0 to 255)
-compress # : compress tranfer ( 0=32bit 1=16bit 2=8bit )
-rgbcompress # : compress rgbtranfer ( 0=96bit 1=48bit 2=32bit 3=24bit )
-softsky # : Smooth skylight.(0=off 1=on)
-depth # : Thickness of translucent objects.
-blockopaque # : Remove the black areas around opaque entities.(0=off 1=on)
-notextures : Don't load textures.
-texreflectgamma # : Gamma that relates reflectivity to texture color bits.
-texreflectscale # : Reflectivity for 255-white texture.
-blur # : Enlarge lightmap sample to blur the lightmap.
-noemitterrange: Don't fix pointy texlights.
-nobleedfix : Don't fix wall bleeding problem for large blur value.
-drawpatch : Export light patch positions to file 'mapname_patch.pts'.
-drawsample x y z r : Export light sample positions in an area to file 'mapname_sample.pts'.
-drawedge : Export smooth edge positions to file 'mapname_edge.pts'.
-drawlerp : Show bounce light triangulation status.
-drawnudge : Show nudged samples.
-drawoverload : Highlight fullbright spots

map change failed: 'SC_testmap' not found on server.

If you need the directories here you go:

Game executable directory
D:\SteamLibraryHDD\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op

Mod directory
D:\SteamLibraryHDD\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop

Game directory
D:\SteamLibraryHDD\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop

RMF directory
D:\SteamLibraryHDD\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\hammer\maps

Game executable
D:\SteamLibraryHDD\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop.exe

CSG executable
D:\SteamLibraryHDD\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\compilers\SC-CSG_x64.exe

BSP executable
D:\SteamLibraryHDD\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\compilers\SC-BSP_x64.exe

VIS executable
D:\SteamLibraryHDD\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\compilers\SC-VIS_x64.exe

RAD executable
D:\SteamLibraryHDD\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\compilers\SC-RAD_x64.exe

Place compiled maps in this directory before running the game:

D:\SteamLibraryHDD\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps.

and if you need to know this i saved the map in D:/GOLDSRC_MAPS (its a folder i made)

Hezus
30-08-2016, 06:16 AM
The compilers are showing you the parameters, so that means there is something wrong in the way the parameters are set up. As you can see it mentions "Unknown option "SDK\mapping\compilers\SC-CSG_x64.exe".

Try following the info from this tutorial to set it up right:
https://sites.google.com/site/svenmanor/tutorials/advancedlight

Dark The Prototype
30-08-2016, 06:32 AM
The compilers are showing you the parameters, so that means there is something wrong in the way the parameters are set up. As you can see it mentions "Unknown option "SDK\mapping\compilers\SC-CSG_x64.exe".

Try following the info from this tutorial to set it up right:
https://sites.google.com/site/svenmanor/tutorials/advancedlight

Thing is i'm using normal mode not expert.

Hezus
30-08-2016, 06:45 AM
I think I see what it's doing wrong. This is your folder:
D:\SteamLibraryHDD\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\compilers\SC-CSG_x64.exe

And this is the error:

I think it has trouble with the space between 'Sven Co-op' and 'SDK' in that folder name. It probably thinks 'Sven Co-op' is the executable and 'SDK\mapping\compilers\SC-CSG_x64.exe' is the parameter for that executable.

Copy the compile tools to your D:/GOLDSRC_MAPS/ folder (make a folder called TOOLS) and load those into Hammer. I think that might fix the problem.

These tools date back to the late 90's where folder names with spaces and long file names could lead to problems, so maybe this is a remnant of that time.

Dark The Prototype
30-08-2016, 06:52 AM
I think I see what it's doing wrong. This is your folder:

And this is the error:

I think it has trouble with the space between 'Sven Co-op' and 'SDK' in that folder name. It probably thinks 'Sven Co-op' is the executable and 'SDK\mapping\compilers\SC-CSG_x64.exe' is the parameter for that executable.

Copy the compile tools to your D:/GOLDSRC_MAPS/ folder (make a folder called TOOLS) and load those into Hammer. I think that might fix the problem.

These tools date back to the late 90's where folder names with spaces and long file names could lead to problems, so maybe this is a remnant of that time.

it detected the map but i get this other error

No detail texture mapping file: maps/SC_testmap_detail.txt
Missing bitmap font: gfx\vgui\fonts\1920_Primary Button Text.tga
Missing bitmap font: gfx\vgui\fonts\1920_CommandMenu Text.tga
Missing bitmap font: gfx\vgui\fonts\1920_Scoreboard Text.tga
Missing bitmap font: gfx\vgui\fonts\1920_Scoreboard Title Text.tga
Missing bitmap font: gfx\vgui\fonts\1920_Scoreboard Small Text.tga
Missing bitmap font: gfx\vgui\fonts\1920_Title Font.tga
Warning: Unable to open maps/soundcache/SC_testmap.txt for transfer
Error: server failed to transmit file 'maps/soundcache/SC_testmap.txt'

and the map gets stuck in the loading screen.

tell me if ya need the compile process window.

Hezus
30-08-2016, 07:05 AM
The detail textures are optional. More on that here: http://twhl.info/tutorial.php?id=159

The missing bitmap font is not a mapping problem. I guess there are no fonts specificaly for the 1920px resolution. Maybe it then uses 1280px or 1600px fonts. You should have that error in regular SC too. It will do no harm to your game experience.

'Warning: Unable to open maps/soundcache/SC_testmap.txt for transfer

This happens because you load the map straight from Hammer. It then starts SC in singleplayer mode, which leads to problems. Before compiling, tick the box 'Don't run the game'. Compile and wait till it's done, then manually open SC, start a new LAN server with your map and it should all work.

Ultimatly, I'd recommend you to learn how to use Expert compiling mode, so you can use useful parameters to make your maps look better or compile better.

Dark The Prototype
30-08-2016, 07:15 AM
The detail textures are optional. More on that here: http://twhl.info/tutorial.php?id=159

The missing bitmap font is not a mapping problem. I guess there are no fonts specificaly for the 1920px resolution. Maybe it then uses 1280px or 1600px fonts. You should have that error in regular SC too. It will do no harm to your game experience.

'Warning: Unable to open maps/soundcache/SC_testmap.txt for transfer

This happens because you load the map straight from Hammer. It then starts SC in singleplayer mode, which leads to problems. Before compiling, tick the box 'Don't run the game'. Compile and wait till it's done, then manually open SC, start a new LAN server with your map and it should all work.

Ultimatly, I'd recommend you to learn how to use Expert compiling mode, so you can use useful parameters to make your maps look better or compile better.

Thanks! the map loads but its all dark. I have 2 lights on the map but i think i can fix it on my own.

Thank you once again!

Lamar
30-10-2016, 10:51 PM
I'm having a similar problem: map compiles, Sven Co-Op launches, then it gets stuck on "Estabilishing network connection to server" and i get "Failed to contact game server" after a moment.

EDIT: Seems I fixed it (sort of) by changing the editor from Hammer 3.4 to Jackhammer 1.1.

I am also having the same problem and using the standard Hammer Editor. I am not online however so why would it be trying to connect to a server? All I did was follow what was in this thread and then The Whole Half Life tutorial of making a box with a player start point and a light. I have used both "info_player_start" and "info_player_deathmatch" just in case the tutorial was strictly for owning a copy of HL while this is being used through SC. Is there an easy fix for this or do I need to post a log?

Edit: There is the log, I assume it is the correct one. I just have trouble sending it due to no internet at home. If any thing else is required or if there is an easy fix, please let me know. This is completely stopping me from mapping and it is the very first thing one is suppose to do... :banghead:

** Executing...
** Parameters: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op

** Executing...
** Parameters: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\compilers\tester.map" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\tester.map"

** Executing...
** Command: C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\SVENCO~2\mapping\COMPIL~1\ SC-CSG~1.EXE
** Parameters: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\tester"

----- BEGIN hlcsg -----
Command line: C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\SVENCO~2\mapping\COMPIL~1\ SC-CSG~1.EXE "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\tester"
Arguments: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\tester"
Entering C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\tester.map

Current hlcsg Settings
Name | Setting | Default
---------------------|-----------|-------------------------
threads [ 4 ] [ Varies ]
verbose [ off ] [ off ]
log [ on ] [ on ]
reset logfile [ on ] [ on ]
developer [ 0 ] [ 0 ]
chart [ off ] [ off ]
estimate [ off ] [ off ]
max texture memory [ 67108864 ] [ 67108864 ]
max lighting memory [ 67108864 ] [ 67108864 ]
priority [ Normal ] [ Normal ]

noclip [ off ] [ off ]
null texture stripping[ on ] [ on ]
clipnode economy mode [ off ] [ off ]
clip hull type [ simple ] [ simple ]
onlyents [ off ] [ off ]
wadtextures [ on ] [ on ]
skyclip [ on ] [ on ]
hullfile [ None ] [ None ]
wad configuration file[ None ] [ None ]
wad.cfg group name [ None ] [ None ]
nullfile [ None ] [ None ]
min surface area [ 0.000 ] [ 0.000 ]
brush union threshold [ 0.000 ] [ 0.000 ]
map scaling [ None ] [ None ]
light name optimize [ on ] [ on ]
convert game_text [ on ] [ on ]

Using mapfile wad configuration
Wadinclude list :
[zhlt.wad]

CreateBrush:
(0.00 seconds)
CSGBrush:
(0.00 seconds)

Including Wadfile: \program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\sven co-op sdk\mapping\compilers\zhlt.wad
- Contains 0 used textures, -1.#J percent of map (19 textures in wad)

Wad files required to run the map: (None)
Texture usage is at 0.00 mb (of 64.00 mb MAX)
0.08 seconds elapsed

----- END hlcsg -----

** Executing...
** Command: C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\SVENCO~2\mapping\COMPIL~1\ SC-BSP~1.EXE
** Parameters: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\tester"

----- BEGIN hlbsp -----
Command line: C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\SVENCO~2\mapping\COMPIL~1\ SC-BSP~1.EXE "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\tester"
Arguments: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\tester"

Current hlbsp Settings
Name | Setting | Default
-------------------|-----------|-------------------------
threads [ 4 ] [ Varies ]
verbose [ off ] [ off ]
log [ on ] [ on ]
developer [ 0 ] [ 0 ]
chart [ off ] [ off ]
estimate [ off ] [ off ]

noclip [ off ] [ off ]
nofill [ off ] [ off ]
noinsidefill [ off ] [ off ]
noopt [ off ] [ off ]
no clipnode merging [ off ] [ off ]
null tex. stripping [ on ] [ on ]
notjunc [ off ] [ off ]
nobrink [ off ] [ off ]
subdivide size [ 240 ] [ 240 ] (Min 64) (Max 512)
max node size [ 1024 ] [ 1024 ] (Min 64) (Max 65536)
remove hull 2 [ off ] [ off ]

SolidBSP [hull 0] 13 (0.00 seconds)
BSP generation successful, writing portal file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\tester.prt'
SolidBSP [hull 1] 13 (0.00 seconds)
SolidBSP [hull 2] 13 (0.00 seconds)
SolidBSP [hull 3] 13 (0.00 seconds)
Reduced 18 clipnodes to 18
Reduced 0 texinfos to 0
Reduced 0 texdatas to 0 (4 bytes to 4)
Reduced 92 planes to 20
FixBrinks:
Increased 18 clipnodes to 18.
0.08 seconds elapsed

----- END hlbsp -----

** Executing...
** Command: C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\SVENCO~2\mapping\COMPIL~1\ SC-VIS~1.EXE

hlvis v3.4-VL34-SC5.0 64-bit (Mar 2 2016)
----- BEGIN hlvis -----
Command line: C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\SVENCO~2\mapping\COMPIL~1\ SC-VIS~1.EXE "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\tester"
1 portalleafs
0 numportals

-= Current hlvis Settings =-
Name | Setting | Default
-------------------|-----------|-------------------------
threads [ 4 ] [ Varies ]
verbose [ off ] [ off ]
log [ on ] [ on ]
developer [ 0 ] [ 0 ]
chart [ off ] [ off ]
estimate [ off ] [ off ]
max vis distance [ 0 ] [ 0 ]

fast vis [ off ] [ off ]
full vis [ off ] [ off ]

BasePortalVis:
(0.00 seconds)
LeafThread:
(0.00 seconds)
average leafs visible: 1
g_visdatasize:1 compressed from 1
0.02 seconds elapsed

----- END hlvis -----

** Executing...
** Command: C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\SVENCO~2\mapping\COMPIL~1\ SC-RAD~1.EXE

----- BEGIN hlrad -----
Command line: C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\SVENCO~2\mapping\COMPIL~1\ SC-RAD~1.EXE "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\tester"

-= Current hlrad Settings =-
Name | Setting | Default
--------------------|---------------------|-------------------------
threads [ 4 ] [ Varies ]
verbose [ off ] [ off ]
log [ on ] [ on ]
developer [ 0 ] [ 0 ]
chart [ off ] [ off ]
estimate [ off ] [ off ]

fast rad [ off ] [ off ]
vismatrix algorithm [ Sparse ] [ Sparse ]
oversampling (-extra)[ off ] [ off ]
bounces [ 8 ] [ 8 ]
ambient light [ 0.000 0.000 0.000 ] [ 0.000 0.000 0.000 ]
light limit threshold[ 188.000 ] [ 188.000 ]
circus mode [ off ] [ off ]

smoothing threshold [ 50.000 ] [ 50.000 ]
smoothing threshold 2[ no change ] [ no change ]
direct threshold [ 10.000 ] [ 10.000 ]
direct light scale [ 1.000 ] [ 1.000 ]
coring threshold [ 0.010 ] [ 0.010 ]
patch interpolation [ on ] [ on ]

texscale [ on ] [ on ]
patch subdividing [ on ] [ on ]
chop value [ 64.000 ] [ 64.000 ]
texchop value [ 32.000 ] [ 32.000 ]

global fade [ 1.000 ] [ 1.000 ]
global texlight gap [ 0.000 ] [ 0.000 ]
global light scale [ 2.000 2.000 2.000 ] [ 2.000 2.000 2.000 ]
global gamma [ 0.550 0.550 0.550 ] [ 0.550 0.550 0.550 ]
global light scale [ 2.000 ] [ 2.000 ]
global sky diffusion [ 1.000 ] [ 1.000 ]

spread angles [ on ] [ on ]
opaque entities [ on ] [ on ]
sky lighting fix [ on ] [ on ]
incremental [ off ] [ off ]
dump [ off ] [ off ]

colour jitter [ 0.0 0.0 0.0 ] [ 0.0 0.0 0.0 ]
monochromatic jitter [ 0.0 0.0 0.0 ] [ 0.0 0.0 0.0 ]

custom shadows with bounce light
[ off ] [ off ]
rgb transfers [ off ] [ off ]
minimum final light [ 0 ] [ 0 ]
size of transfer [ 1 (16bit) ] [ 1 (16bit) ]
size of rgbtransfer [ 2 (32bit) ] [ 2 (32bit) ]
soft sky [ on ] [ on ]
translucent depth [ 2.000 ] [ 2.000 ]
block opaque [ on ] [ on ]
ignore textures [ off ] [ off ]
reflectivity gamma [ 1.760 ] [ 1.760 ]
reflectivity scale [ 0.700 ] [ 0.700 ]
blur size [ 1.500 ] [ 1.500 ]
no emitter range [ off ] [ off ]
wall bleeding fix [ on ] [ on ]

Load Textures:
0 textures referenced
Reading texlights from 'C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\SVENCO~2\mapping\COMPIL~1 \lights.rad'
0 opaque models
0 opaque faces
0 faces
Create Patches : 0 base patches
0 square feet [0.00 square inches]
1 direct lights and 0 fast direct lights
1 light styles

FindFacePositions:
(0.00 seconds)
BuildFacelights:
(0.00 seconds)
Warning: Attempting to allocate 0 bytes
BuildVisLeafs:
(0.00 seconds)
visibility matrix : 0.0 megs
MakeScales:
(0.00 seconds)
Transfer Lists : 0 transfers
Indices : 0 bytes
Data : 0 bytes
Bounce 1 GatherLight:
(0.00 seconds)
Bounce 2 GatherLight:
(0.00 seconds)
Bounce 3 GatherLight:
(0.00 seconds)
Bounce 4 GatherLight:
(0.00 seconds)
Bounce 5 GatherLight:
(0.00 seconds)
Bounce 6 GatherLight:
(0.00 seconds)
Bounce 7 GatherLight:
(0.02 seconds)
Bounce 8 GatherLight:
(0.00 seconds)
CreateTriangulations:
(0.00 seconds)
AddPatchLights:
(0.00 seconds)
FinalLightFace:
(0.00 seconds)
1.11 seconds elapsed

----- END hlrad -----

** Executing...
** Command: C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\SVENCO~1\svencoop.exe
** Parameters: -dev -console +map "tester"

Hezus
01-11-2016, 01:13 PM
** Executing...
** Parameters: -dev -console +map "tester"

As I mentioned earlier in this thread: make sure you tick the 'Don't run the game' box in the compile window. If you don't, Hammer will load up the map with the '+map 'name' parameter. This will put SvenCo-op into singleplayer mode, which can lead to problems.

If you want to test your map, just compile it, then load up SC manually and start a LAN server with your map. If you want to use developer options and cheats you can set the amount of players to 1 or 2 and developer mode will be available.

Lamar
02-11-2016, 01:10 AM
Ahhh... Thank you. But now I am in a black box. For a while I thought I had no light, but I can see my hands and weapons, just not the walls and the flashlight does not seem to shine on anything, but I can hear when my crowbar hits the walls and see the smoke close to my face when I shoot the wall. I just can not see the wall themselves.

For some odd reason I can not get that texture or any other to stick to my box. I also do not see the concrete skin like the teacher in TWHL was talking about and have very few textures to start with. I assume it is a compiling issue but I will have to try at another time to properly reconfigure it and get what was posted done correctly this time if indeed that was the problem. (I have multiple test maps and not sure exactly which one had what when I posted my log, but I am for sure my light source is above my head now, if it was not properly before. I am more worried if I simply compiled something wrong and made a left turn as it were, rather than a right...)

Just to be certain, are steps 2 and 2b to go into Game Data files in the Configure Valve Hammer Editor? Also it says to add what ever wads I want, but besides zhlt.wad in compilers folder, I am not seeing much of anything. :banghead:

Hezus
02-11-2016, 12:44 PM
As far as I can see the tutorial doesn't really point out that you have to use real textures. The ones in the ZHLT.wad are special tool textures, they don't always act the way you expect them to. And as a beginner you probably don't need them yet.

Go into Valve Hammer settings and add various wad files from the svencoop folder (nw.wad is a good one, for instance). Now try to add some of those textures to your map and compile again.

wolf-3d
02-11-2016, 04:48 PM
^ Hezus what he said about ZHLT.wad, you should also be aware that "Other Special" textures exist. Their names normally start with the following characters or letters:

{, ~, +/-, 0 to 9 ( see: http://www.countermap2.com/Tutorials/tutorial3ca5.html?id=53 for more info.)

PS: Stick in there it will all eventually start to make sense.

Lamar
03-11-2016, 02:55 PM
Thanks everyone. I am now the proud owner of a box with three alien slaves, a light and a health recharger along with "rock" wallpaper. ^_^

Hezus
04-11-2016, 07:00 AM
Thanks everyone. I am now the proud owner of a box with three alien slaves, a light and a health recharger along with "rock" wallpaper. ^_^

Nice :) Make sure to throw a few weapons in there as well, or else those slaves are going to kick your ass ;)

Lamar
14-11-2016, 12:45 AM
I have a new problem. Using the turtorial at-

http://twhl.info/tutorial.php?id=26

and having the ignore group toggled it says to press and hold the Ctrl Key as you Left Click on multiple walls so that you can change all the ones you want at that moment with the same texture.

Although I can click three floors at once in my map and keep them highlighted, when I do Shift A to bring up the texture editor it unselects all my floors. If I try to Ctrl Left Click the floors again with the popout texture tool (The box is named "Face Properties" so there is no confusion.), nothing happens. I just have a "paint can" for a pointer. Am I doing something wrong? I thought I was following the directions well enough. I can use the paint can on each floor to change it, but that is not part of the lesson.

Edit: I withdraw my question. For some reason I had not realized that the floors or walls for that matter, even though seemed to be unhilighted when doing Shift A, in the 3D screen they were still shown to be selected. Of course it helps if I had had my map on full textured polygons too, but I digress. However now I can see what something looks like instantly instead of having to try the game out everytime which was just time consuming. :p

Lamar
14-11-2016, 10:05 PM
Different question. (New post.) It says to check for leaks, hit the tide key "~" and type "pointfile". But it tells me-

"Could not establish connection to Steam servers.

]pointfile
couldn't open maps\ "insert map name.pts""

I am not online, but I have not been the entire time I have been making this map. I just Start New Game and create my own server and choose my test map. Any suggestions?

JPolito
14-11-2016, 10:59 PM
In Hammer, go to Map -> Load Pointfile. In the directory window that pops up, go to the folder where you compile your map. Then load the .lin or .pts file.

I am not aware of any mysterious console-based pointfile loading feature that you are attempting.

Lamar
15-11-2016, 03:12 AM
I am not aware of any mysterious console-based pointfile loading feature that you are attempting.

"Another way to check for a LEAK is to bring up the console with the ~ key and type in pointfile. If there is a LEAK, the pointfile will be generated and it will tell you the number of points read. If it is 0 then congratulations: your map doesn't LEAK...yet."

I assumed that meant while in game, like how you enter commands while playing. But I shall try what you said, although that may be the same as the other way to do it in the tutorial.

Hezus
15-11-2016, 04:07 AM
I would also load pointfile in Hammer. It also shows you where the leak is and you can directly fix it. On my personal recommendation: J.A.C.K Editor (http://jack.hlfx.ru/en/main.html)pointfile system is a lot better than Hammer's, since it displays the pointfile guideline as a multicoloured line. The more red it gets the closer to the leak you are. Makes it really quick and easy to find the leak.

JPolito
15-11-2016, 10:36 AM
If the compile doesn't fail with an error message, there is no leak. Might be easier to just assume there isn't a leak until the compile stops working or your map does compile but it's fullbright.

Puchi
15-11-2016, 11:09 PM
]pointfile
couldn't open maps\ "insert map name.pts""
Is the point file in the maps/ folder?
if you copy automaticly after compile, it probably is like JP said: there is no point file, which means no leak.

Lamar
15-11-2016, 11:37 PM
Thank you everyone. I am currently working on making an exit sign. I made the sign "EXIT1" 64x32 as the texture shows and thin enough to look realistic. I even added the Minimum light level 1 to have it show lit up.

But even before I do all that I am having a heck of a time trying to align it to my wall properly above the corridor. It is not so much as placing the object (I guess the brush is the correct term...) where I need it, but when ever I move it- be it up, down, left or right, the face of the sign actually shifts so the word "EXIT" is no longer on the face as it should be, but shifted. So it looks like "ITEX" or "XITE" or any other number of combinations.

I find that strange, because the object, thus the texture, was already created and in my mind should be perminate. So why would it "scroll" when moved? Also I tried both to create it straight from the texture EXIT1 and using a generic wall texture and then switch it to the EXIT by applying that texture, but it still moves...

I even try to create it at different heights or sides of the corridor just to see if I at least placed the box right and if not moved it it would be fine. But it still just comes out however it wants it seems. I mean I might have a door way anywhere, but the exit sign may never line up properly... That can not be right... What am I doing wrong? :banghead:

Green Astronauts
16-11-2016, 01:02 AM
So why would it "scroll" when moved?
Probably because you don't have "Texture Lock" enabled. Look for a small button that says "tl".

GiGaBiTe
16-11-2016, 01:38 AM
Instead of using texture lock and forgetting it on and messing up half the map, use the texture tool. Select the face and click the center button.

Lamar
16-11-2016, 02:14 AM
Thanks both of you. I will use each to suit my needs. However when moving the exit sign, at least from the top (x/y) view, at Snap: On Grid 128 it stays centered as well. Of course then I can not line it up against the wall, but I thought that was weird that one grid amount allows it to move while centered while others do not. :wtf: Thanks again! Off to the furniture one!:p

Edit: Actually that's after I fix my first leak...:cool:

Edit 2: I fixed it. Some how I had moved my hallway just slightly, assuming while feverishly clicking on several exit signs and moving them around wondering why in the world the word "EXIT" would scroll on them. :wtf:

GeorgGrech
01-12-2016, 11:21 AM
Please help. I'm trying to run a map without much success. Here's the log

** Executing...
** Parameters: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op

** Executing...
** Parameters: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\Xenventure.map" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\Xenventure.map"

** Executing...
** Command: C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\SVENCO~2\mapping\COMPIL~1\ SC-CSG~1.EXE
** Parameters: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\Xenventure"

----- BEGIN hlcsg -----
Command line: C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\SVENCO~2\mapping\COMPIL~1\ SC-CSG~1.EXE "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\Xenventure"
Arguments: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\Xenventure"
Entering C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\Xenventure.map

Current hlcsg Settings
Name | Setting | Default
---------------------|-----------|-------------------------
threads [ 4 ] [ Varies ]
verbose [ off ] [ off ]
log [ on ] [ on ]
reset logfile [ on ] [ on ]
developer [ 0 ] [ 0 ]
chart [ off ] [ off ]
estimate [ off ] [ off ]

noclip [ off ] [ off ]
null texture stripping[ on ] [ on ]
clipnode economy mode [ off ] [ off ]
clip hull type [ simple ] [ simple ]
onlyents [ off ] [ off ]
wadtextures [ on ] [ on ]
skyclip [ on ] [ on ]
hullfile [ None ] [ None ]
wad configuration file[ None ] [ None ]
wad.cfg group name [ None ] [ None ]
nullfile [ None ] [ None ]
min surface area [ 0.000 ] [ 0.000 ]
brush union threshold [ 0.000 ] [ 0.000 ]
map scaling [ None ] [ None ]
light name optimize [ on ] [ on ]
convert game_text [ on ] [ on ]

Using mapfile wad configuration
Wadinclude list :
[zhlt.wad]

CreateBrush:
Error: Entity 0, Brush 19, Side 3: plane with no normal
Error: plane with no normal
Description: The map has a problem which must be fixed
Howto Fix: Check the file http://www.zhlt.info/common-mapping-problems.html for a detailed explanation of this problem

(0.01 seconds)

----- END hlcsg -----

** Executing...
** Command: C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\SVENCO~2\mapping\COMPIL~1\ SC-BSP~1.EXE
** Parameters: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\Xenventure"

----- BEGIN hlbsp -----
Command line: C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\SVENCO~2\mapping\COMPIL~1\ SC-BSP~1.EXE "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\Xenventure"
Arguments: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\Xenventure"
>> There was a problem compiling the map.
>> Check the file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\Xenventure.log for the cause.

----- END hlbsp -----

** Executing...
** Command: C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\SVENCO~2\mapping\COMPIL~1\ SC-RAD~1.EXE

----- BEGIN hlrad -----
Command line: C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\SVENCO~2\mapping\COMPIL~1\ SC-RAD~1.EXE "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\Xenventure"
>> There was a problem compiling the map.
>> Check the file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\Xenventure.log for the cause.

----- END hlrad -----

** Executing...
** Parameters: -console -sw -w 1600 -h 900 +sv_cheats 1 +map "Xenventure"

DrRhubarb
01-12-2016, 11:40 AM
"CreateBrush:
Error: Entity 0, Brush 19, Side 3: plane with no normal
Error: plane with no normal
Description: The map has a problem which must be fixed"

Plane with no normal

Example:

Entity 10, Brush 0, Side 4: plane with no normal
Entity 10, Brush 0, Side 5: plane with no normal
This error is always caused by vertex manipulation. A plane is defined by 3 unique coordinates. If any of the three coordinates are the same, then you don't really have a plane (its either a line or a point). There is no way to fix this error other than to delete the brush and recreate it completely.

This is most commonly caused by dragging a vertex ontop of another to destroy it for several vertexes of the same face. The resulting brush can even look correct, but the side which you have destroyed can still have a point or two defined for it. The proper way to remove a face is to use a clipper. If the object is simple (say converting a square to a wedge), then dragging an edge via the yellow control points to merge multiple vertexes at once will probably be safe.

Hope that helps.

Kirito
09-02-2017, 12:56 PM
- In the Textures tab, add whichever .wads you wish to use.
Hey, sry if this was asked before, but I wonder what WAD to use.
I just started mapping and want something "simple". What would you suggest to start with?

Nih
10-02-2017, 09:53 PM
Hey, sry if this was asked before, but I wonder what WAD to use.
I just started mapping and want something "simple". What would you suggest to start with?

Go with halflife.wad, decals.wad, liquids.wad. Those are the default HL ones. If you want something more high-res use nw.wad.

Kirito
11-02-2017, 05:05 AM
Thank you, I'll go with those.

I found .wads in "Sven Co-op/svencoop", "Sven Co-op/svencoop_addon" and "Sven Co-op/svencoop_downloads". Could I use all of them? Which where included?

NANVILLE
13-09-2017, 04:34 PM
Im having a problem here:

When compiling a map, after the game loads, the console shows the following log:

Set primary sound buffer format: yes
2 channel(s)
16 bits/sample
11025 bytes/sec
DirectSound initialized
Parsed 257 text messages
WARNING: failed to locate sequence file global
joystick not found -- driver not present

[Sound Engine] Audio Driver: Altavoces / Auricular (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)
execing valve.rc
couldn't exec language.cfg
execing autoexec.cfg
"deathmatch" changed to "1"
"pausable" changed to "0"
ERROR: couldn't open custom.hpk.
execing config.cfg
execing userconfig.cfg

Adding: svencoop/dlls/server.dll
MP3_InitStream(29, media\gamestartup.mp3) successful
Dll loaded for mod Sven Co-op 5.14
Angelscript: Registering Sven Co-op Angelscript API
Angelscript version: 2.31.2
SC API version: 1.0 Beta
Angelscript: Finished registering Sven Co-op Angelscript API
Angelscript: Clearing temporary directory './scripts/plugins/temp'
Angelscript: Clearing temporary directory './scripts/maps/temp'
map change failed: 'test' not found on server.

Any help...? :confused:

AdamR
13-09-2017, 05:34 PM
Thank you, I'll go with those.

I found .wads in "Sven Co-op/svencoop", "Sven Co-op/svencoop_addon" and "Sven Co-op/svencoop_downloads". Could I use all of them? Which where included?

The game will include whichever it finds. "addon" first, then "downloads", and finally the base. If you're using/producing your own WADs for your map you should put them in "addon" first. (This is the best folder for your own or manually installed custom content.)

Im having a problem here:

When compiling a map, after the game loads, the console shows the following log:

map change failed: 'test' not found on server.

Any help...? :confused:

That just means the file "test.bsp" couldn't be found. Check that it exists in the maps folder within your game.

wolf-3d
13-09-2017, 10:34 PM
That just means the file "test.bsp" couldn't be found. Check that it exists in the maps folder within your game.

As per Adam, the test.bsp needs to be in ~/svencoop_addon/maps/ (safest/preferred location for custom content.)

Other possibilities:
- Check the test.log for any compile errors.
- Are you trying to run the map from within "Hammer" or via F9 ?
(If so don't. Instead start Sven Coop -> select "Start New Game" -> scroll to "test")

PS: Tell us if fixes problem or not.

James_the_Suezo
17-09-2017, 10:46 PM
when i spawn on my map, i die, is there a problem?

Puchi
18-09-2017, 08:52 AM
We need more informations about what you did

SourceSkyBoxer
19-09-2017, 04:18 AM
Hello everyone, can I ask you if you want have improved compilers of Uncle Mike ( UMHLT ) and it should up to -/+32768 and it can fix for hidden texture holes. Why not? Link (https://forums.svencoop.com/showthread.php/44536-Modified-version-of-VHLT-34)
So sadly because it works only -/+16384. If you want get source from Github but ( only Xash version ) If you want check and merge different code from UMHLT of Xash version and SC Compilers.

Than modified ( UMHLT ) SC Compilers build clean bsp for SC 5.0.x without hidden texture holes.

I hope you have to get success without stupid texture holes.

Vrawl
11-12-2018, 07:39 AM
Hey guys!
So I've built a super simple hollowed cube with my player start and some lights, set up my Hammer according to this tutorial and yet my maps aren't showing in my map list.

If I go to where my maps are 'compiling' they are saved as
test.map
test.max
test.rmf

There's no bsp or cfg in sight and the only 'fault' in my run window I see is
Unknown option "Co-op"

How abouts would I save my map as a bsp instead of map/max/rmf?

wolf-3d
11-12-2018, 10:05 AM
:) Sounds like the problem is windows (& this tutorial needs a bit of updating).

Unknown option "Description of whatever the problem is."

Is probably related to a Path and/or spaces in the path or file name. (The original "map building" Tools were made for DOS, where path (& file) names where short and spaces where not allowed.)

If you are familiar with DOS batch commands you are probably better off looking at this example:
[ Link (https://forums.svencoop.com/showthread.php/45381-Compile-completed-but-no-bsp-file?p=531405#post531405) ]

Else post a screen pic of the "Build Programs" TAB from Options, "Configuration Valve Hammer Editor", as well as your compile error log and we will try to help.

PS: I did write a program once that tried to simplify the "compile process" and demystify some of the options, I will try and see if I still have a copy (new PC since then) and if it is a workable state.

Vrawl
12-12-2018, 10:45 AM

I imagine it's the space problem?

EDIT//
This is all running of my second HDD, could be an issue too

wolf-3d
12-12-2018, 01:12 PM
:) That is actually a pic of your "Game Configuration TAB" (Allows Hammer to work and launch Sven correctly).

We need to see "Build Programs TAB" (Allows Hammer to convert .rmf to .map and then send the .map file to the SDK Compilers.)

PS: I would expect to see D:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\
what OS are you running, please check that the paths are actually valid.

PPS: Looking to see if I still have that program I spoke of earlier. (Soz forgot)

PPPS: Don't feel a "noob", I had the same problems/issues when I first tried to build maps too.

Vrawl
12-12-2018, 11:22 PM

Running Windows 10
My second drive doesn't have the x86 just normal Program Files as shown
The Place compiled maps in this directory path saves the maps as .map

wolf-3d
14-12-2018, 10:58 AM
Ok, I don't see anything obviously wrong.
It could be the D: drive, the Path length or the spaces in the file names.
(Some people get problems but with other people OS's / PC's defaults seem to work just fine.)

Try this:
"Build Programs TAB"
Enclose the parameters for Game Executable on wards in Double Quotes:
i.e.

D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop.exe
becomes
"D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop.exe"

Do the same for each parameter line below.

Then if it fails, Post your error log, other wise give us a heads up that it is fixed for now.

Vrawl
15-12-2018, 10:02 AM
Back again

So I shifted everything back to my C: for simplicity sake and enclosed my paths between "these" and while I have no errors, there are again no maps in the map list.

Here is screenshots of my options, the folder where it's all compiling and a copy of my compile process window
I've noticed there is no .cfg in my compiled files, perhaps the missing key?

EDIT// My maps now show up in the map list if I untick 'Don't Run Game' and as such, I can now play my maps!

Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it!!

Olfred
15-07-2019, 02:57 PM
Hello,

I tried to get Svencraft working but somehow I can't get a bsp out of it. I've gotten rid of some errors with setting up the "" around the game executables paths. But now I still get an error when it tries to copy the files.
Somemhow it seems as if the copy command gets cut short after the dot (.) of the filename. But I have no idea why or how to fix it.
I'm on a german Windows 10 Pro and "Zugriff verweigert" stands for "Access denied".

I hope someone can help me out with this, please.

Here's the whole compile log:

** Executing...
** Parameters: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op

** Executing...
** Parameters: "D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\hammer\maps\_test1.map" "D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\_test1.map"

** Executing...
** Parameters: "D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\_test1"

* Could not execute the command:
Copy File "D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\_test1"
* Windows gave the error message:
"Zugriff verweigert"

** Executing...
** Parameters: "D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\_test1"

Copy File "D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\_test1"
"Zugriff verweigert"

wolf-3d
15-07-2019, 11:06 PM
This might help from your post:

** Executing...
** Parameters: "D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\hammer\maps\_test1.map" "D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\_test1.map"
The "Copy File" command worked.

Later, you get:

"Zugriff verweigert"

A file named "_test1" does not exist, it needs the file extension.
(Which depends on what part of the compile stage it has just finished processing, the last/final copy should be "_test1.bsp" not sure about the middle copy.)

Olfred
16-07-2019, 08:49 AM
EDIT:
OK, something extremely fucky is going on. Here's the thing.
For example I take the CSG executable path. If I don't add the "" it actually seems to run it and I get this:

** Executing...
** Command: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\compilers\SC-CSG_x64.exe

But I get the problem with "Unknown option "SDK\mapping\compilers\SC-CSG_x64.exe".
So now when I add the "" to avoid this kind of problem. I don't get the execution of SC-CSG_x64.exe at all. (As seen in my previous posting).

wolf-3d
17-07-2019, 05:58 AM
Hammer does not like spaces in "path names". The total length of the path can also cause problems, this is because the base code was designed in the days before they were allowed, days of DOS.

Lastly Hammer "some times" refuses to work on a Drive letter other than C:

Edit: Might have a solution later tonight.

Olfred
17-07-2019, 10:14 AM
Well, for now I just copied the SDK folder to another place and removed the spaces. Everything works now so I'll just live with it.
If there ever comes an update to the SDK I just need to remember to copy it over again. A small hassle, but I think smaller than trying to get it to work.
Thanks for the help.