PDA

View Full Version : Strange lag on multiplayer servers

Anonyma
24-01-2016, 04:36 PM
I have only had this problem on Sven Co-op 5.0, I'll try to explain it to you, as it's not really like something I've ever seen in other source games.

What happens is that my view freezes, while I can still move, and see everyone else moving.
I'm also able to still hear voice chat when this happens. If I walk ahead while this happens,
and use Z or X to call out a command, I can see my "take cover!" or "medic!" sprite move ahead.

Here, I recorded some video real quick, please ignore my skype friends in the background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgjJUXenJdQ
Sorry for the poor quality, I troubleshooted by dropping my resolution, applying low quality graphics, and turning off VSYNC, to no avail.
I've generally been having a ping of 500, but this never happened in 4.8

Here are my launch options:

+r_dynamic 1 -nomsaa -nofbo +gl_ansio 0 +gl_vsync 0 +fps_max 100 +fps_ovveride 1 +cl_updaterate 101 +cl_cmdrate 101 +rate 80000
I also have tried:

+r_dynamic 1 -nomsaa -nofbo +gl_ansio 0 +gl_vsync 0 +fps_max 100 +fps_ovveride 1 +cl_updaterate 101 +cl_cmdrate 101 +rate 25000

My specs are as followed:

Windows 7 64bit
AMD FX-4100 Quad-Core Processor
8 GB DDR3 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6670, 1 GB VRAM

If there's anything else I can provide, please let me know! Thank you!

AdamR
24-01-2016, 05:11 PM
Whyyyyyyyy do you have all those launch options? You could persist most of those in your autoexec.cfg or userconfig.cfg. Also "nofbo" disables some newer rendering techniques. There must be a very specific reason you're choosing to do that?

That video looks network related though, like your upstream can't send the amount of commands it's trying to quickly enough. Particularly as you're able to download everyone elses movements.

Anonyma
26-01-2016, 04:48 PM
Yeah, seems to be better in the middle of the night.

Must be my internet connection. It's strange, though. I never have any problems in source games.
Thanks.