PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with my server configs.

hiimnew
25-01-2016, 07:27 PM
Hey,

So, I've started messing around with the settings and I think i'm doing some stuff the wrong way.

I'll just go ahead and drop my questions here:

1) I downloaded the dedicated server from steam, the one with the GUI. I set a remote admin password, then I go in game on another PC to try and log in. I use the rcon_password *xxx* to try and log in, but it doesn't work. I remember I was doing this years ago in CS 1.6/HL and it was working. Is it different now?

2) How can I make it so those options are applied globally and not only per map basis

starthealth
startarmor
maxhealth
maxarmor

As it stands, I just followed the instructions in default_map_settings.cfg . For example, I added to the toonrun1.cfg file those line and some values and it worked. I successfully changed the in game values that you can have. Can I do this in some general way, like make a .cfg that's executed when I start the server, so the values are kept for every map?

3) How can I change the armor power? Basically, I want to make it so you lose more armor when you are hit.

4) How can I change the armor to health damage ratio? Right now, if I take damage and I am 100 HP and 100 armor, I'll just start losing armor, but very little HP. I want to change this ratio, so that while you lose armor, you also lose some more HP. For example I get hit from max health and armor and I'm left with 96 health and 60 armor. I'd like to make it so the ratio is different, and I'm left with like 80 health and 70 armor. I think you get the idea.

I'm leaning more towards some arena shooters, like quake, unreal, where you also lost hp.

I'm trying to make it so that if you are like 20 HP and 80 armor, if you get one of those critical( high damage) hits you will die, instead of being left with 10 HP and 30 armor, as an example. Basically, making it more likely to reach 0 HP and die, even with armor, if you were already low.

5) How do I go about modifying weapon damages? I'd also like to make them global options, and not map specific if it's possible, just like with the starting and max values that I mention in point 2)

That's pretty much it.

I'm just trying to tweak values to my liking :D

Thanks in advance.

edit: forgot to ask about something.

Whenever server changes map, the server name resets, fall damage, most of settings, can i prevent this ?

Lt.JC
26-01-2016, 04:39 AM
Map specific variables seem to be only get executed by the map's cfg, I had a similar problem lately where I wanted to set some things globally but the game didn't execute the commands so no go there.

But if you want to change weapon damage, monster health and damage multipliers then you need to take a look at the skill.cfg in the svencoop folder. There should be anything you need although I'm pretty sure you can't change the damage threshold/ratio for the HEV suit that is a hardcoded thing. Maybe it will change when you modify the damage multipliers for the player.

TheEdvinazard
26-01-2016, 08:18 AM
To use remote console, you have to add rcon at the start of the command (eg. rcon changelevel mommamesa).

S. H. Lynx
26-01-2016, 08:37 AM
Whenever server changes map, the server name resets, fall damage, most of settings, can i prevent this ?

Basic server options can be put in server.cfg (hostname, password and rcon password)

Stuff like physics (acceleration, gravity, fall damage) and other stuff like banana attack or npc kill, used to go in static.cfg to avoid being overriden by map cfgs. The SC team removed static.cfg support, being the shittiest change in SC5.0, with the excuse of "muh maps".

I'm making an Angel Script plugin to restore static.cfg functionality, if I get it working before anyone else does I'll post it in the forum.

hiimnew
28-01-2016, 02:31 AM
Map specific variables seem to be only get executed by the map's cfg, I had a similar problem lately where I wanted to set some things globally but the game didn't execute the commands so no go there.

But if you want to change weapon damage, monster health and damage multipliers then you need to take a look at the skill.cfg in the svencoop folder. There should be anything you need although I'm pretty sure you can't change the damage threshold/ratio for the HEV suit that is a hardcoded thing. Maybe it will change when you modify the damage multipliers for the player.

I've been spending the last few days tweaking, modifying the skill.cfg and map_name.cfg in order to accomplish the works of DM.

To use remote console, you have to add rcon at the start of the command (eg. rcon changelevel mommamesa).

Totally forgot i had to include rcon after logging in as an admin.

Basic server options can be put in server.cfg (hostname, password and rcon password)

Stuff like physics (acceleration, gravity, fall damage) and other stuff like banana attack or npc kill, used to go in static.cfg to avoid being overriden by map cfgs. The SC team removed static.cfg support, being the shittiest change in SC5.0, with the excuse of "muh maps".

I'm making an Angel Script plugin to restore static.cfg functionality, if I get it working before anyone else does I'll post it in the forum.

That's a good idea.

To all

Thanks for taking the time to respond and sorry because I haven't replied earlier. I was busy with organizing a full scale comparison between the mechanics of HL and Sven Coop.

I'll go ahead and open a new topic in general discussions and i'd like everyone's opinion.