PDA

View Full Version : [5.0] FindHLDirectory, Opposing Force and Blue Shift Errors

Nehpys
28-01-2016, 03:41 PM
This is going to be a bit weird for me, making a random post on an error thats probably been said 1000 times.

In any case, with these .bat files (FindHLDirectory, Opposing Force, Blue Shift), I added "Pause" at the end to get the logs, if anyone is curious.

It seems HL Directory Finder, Opposing Force and Blue Shift .bat files are broken.

And yes, I have Half-Life, Blue Shift, and Opposing Force installed.

System Specs;
http://pastebin.com/Nr1LhvBH

What's not included in there, I have 771 GB of Space left.

FindHLDirectory Error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop>rem This batch file finds the Half-Life directory and returns it

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop>rem If the directory could not be found, returns an empty value
The syntax of the command is incorrect.
*My Mod to the Bat File*Press any key to continue...

Half-Life: Blue Shift Installation Error:

-= Half-Life: Blue Shift map support for Sven Co-op 5.0 =-

Warning: Around 80MB of free disk space is required.
Installation may take a few minutes; please be patient.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT: To install Blue Shift support, you must own 'Half-Life: Blue Shift" and have it fully downloaded and installed on Steam!
Press any key to continue...
^ Right there is where the bat file closes and doesn't install anything.
I actually didn't add the pause parameter in the file since it already pauses.

Half-Life: Opposing Force Error:

-= Half-Life: Opposing Force map support for Sven Co-op 5.0 =-

Warning: Around 80MB of free disk space is required.
Installation may take a few minutes; please be patient.

IMPORTANT: To install Opposing Force support, you must own 'Half-Life: Opposing Force" and have it fully downloaded and installed on Steam!
Press any key to continue...
The same with Blue Shift.

Any help would really be helpful. I will check back often, I guess.

EDIT: The Opposing Force and Blue Shift .bat files work now, but the FindHLDirectory one is still broken.

Solokiller
28-01-2016, 04:28 PM
Sounds like Windows 10 doesn't like the registry searching syntax used by the script. To bypass it, just set the return value to the path of your Half-Life directory directly:

rem FOR /F "tokens=2*" %%A IN ('REG.exe query "%KEY_NAME%" /v "%VALUE_NAME%" 2^>nul ^| find "%VALUE_NAME%"') DO (set pInstallDir=%%B)
set "RETURNVALUE=path/to/half-life"

Once that's done, try running the scripts again.

Nehpys
28-01-2016, 09:27 PM
Sounds like Windows 10 doesn't like the registry searching syntax used by the script. To bypass it, just set the return value to the path of your Half-Life directory directly:

rem FOR /F "tokens=2*" %%A IN ('REG.exe query "%KEY_NAME%" /v "%VALUE_NAME%" 2^>nul ^| find "%VALUE_NAME%"') DO (set pInstallDir=%%B)

Once that's done, try running the scripts again.

Thank you.
In any case, how much does the FindHLDirectory.bat file matter? Because I just verified the Sven Co-op files, and the .bats to install Opposing Force and Blue Shift work now (even though I never edited them), but the FindHLDirectory one still doesn't work. I haven't tried your fix. (I understand what "RETURNVALUE=path/to/half-life" means, but I don't know how I would put it in the .bat file.)

Solokiller
29-01-2016, 05:39 AM
Replace this:

FOR /F "tokens=2*" %%A IN ('REG.exe query "%KEY_NAME%" /v "%VALUE_NAME%" 2^>nul ^| find "%VALUE_NAME%"') DO (set pInstallDir=%%B)

set RETURNVALUE=%pInstallDir%

With this:

Nehpys
29-01-2016, 02:48 PM
Replace this:

FOR /F "tokens=2*" %%A IN ('REG.exe query "%KEY_NAME%" /v "%VALUE_NAME%" 2^>nul ^| find "%VALUE_NAME%"') DO (set pInstallDir=%%B)

set RETURNVALUE=%pInstallDir%

With this:

It still says the Syntax is still incorrect.

Solokiller
29-01-2016, 03:10 PM
Alright, open the Opposing Force and Blue Shift installation scripts and replace this:

CALL FindHLDirectory.bat szHLDir

With this:

set "szHLDir=path/to/half-life"

If it still fails, there's another command that's failing.

Nehpys
29-01-2016, 05:53 PM
Alright, open the Opposing Force and Blue Shift installation scripts and replace this:

CALL FindHLDirectory.bat szHLDir

With this:

set "szHLDir=path/to/half-life"

If it still fails, there's another command that's failing.

Oh no, the Opposing Force and Blue Shift ones work. It's just the FindHLDirectory.bat that isn't working. Unless the Blue Shift and Opposing Force .bat's affect that one.

Solokiller
29-01-2016, 05:54 PM
Well if they work then you can just ignore the message.

Nehpys
29-01-2016, 09:36 PM
Well if they work then you can just ignore the message.

At this point I don't know what you're talking about. Should I ignore FindHLDirectory.bat? The .bats for installing Opposing Force and Blue Shift work, but my main problem is the FindHLDirectory.bat. Is it something I should ignore? I never got answered on that.

Solokiller
29-01-2016, 09:45 PM
Yes, just ignore FindHLDirectory.

Nehpys
29-01-2016, 11:00 PM
Yes, just ignore FindHLDirectory.

Alright, thank you.

Tonblader
22-05-2016, 06:33 PM
This problem is already solved in updating of steam for svencoop 5.0?