PDA

View Full Version : Some keybinds reset every time I open the game

Mathy
29-01-2016, 12:06 PM
Hello!

I have been playing with a 5-button mouse (Razer Deathadder), and the game automatically detects that (or at least seems to) and adds some extra keybindings, such as MOUSE4 for voice chat. The bug is that it does this not only once, in the first time, but every time I fire up the game. So if I rebind it to, say, V as main and Lalt as alt (which I do), every time I reopen the game it gets reset to MOUSE4 and Lalt (or MOUSE4 and V).
The problem is that I can never get rid of this intrusive autobinding. Yeah, I could perhaps fix it with some startup script, but giving the user that much hassle for a feature that's supposed to help isn't nice, so please look into this behavior.

Thanks for the awesome game, the standalone Steam release, and I hope I can donate to you ASAP.

spy-warrior
30-01-2016, 01:04 AM
Added bind in file:

userconfig.cfg

Game svencoop off line !!!

AdamR
30-01-2016, 05:42 AM
This sounds like your config.cfg file has become read-only, or a contest is going on between your local configuration and the one on your Steam Cloud.

Mathy
30-01-2016, 08:09 AM
None of my keybindings get reset EXCEPT for the ones that have to do with my 5-button mouse.
I can reassign the vote menu to ;, for instance, and it'll stay there, so it's not a file permission thing.

AdamR
30-01-2016, 08:27 AM
Try the following commands in your game console:

unbind MOUSE4
unbind MOUSE5

Mouse button 4 is the BACK button on your mouse, where as button 5 is the FORWARD button. You can set these to anything you like, but these two commands will clear the commands bound to those buttons.

Mathy
30-01-2016, 02:41 PM
Try the following commands in your game console:
unbind MOUSE4
unbind MOUSE5

Thanks, this appears to have worked. I restarted the game and the binds to these buttons aren't showing anymore.

I'd still consider it a bug, though, that if I use "Clear" on the keyboard settings and restart the game, these specific binds show up again. Perhaps not a priority fix, but still something to be looked into.