PDA

View Full Version : Theres not much Maps on Sven Co-op 5.0!

BlackShadowX
31-01-2016, 04:15 PM
It's lookin like they removed many maps from SC 5.0 like Auspices, Afrikakorps etc... classic maps should been returned like grunts2 map from SC 3.0 and some other classics. I suggest It would be simply awesome if they add custom map like "RE1" map made by mrfranswa. This map totally would be play by many people. I would add those maps to my server but they're contains many models sounds etc... People not liking wait. This post goes to Authors.

Solokiller
31-01-2016, 04:18 PM
We've moved some maps to map packs. They'll be released soon, with updates made to maps to fix some issues and improve balance.

BlackShadowX
31-01-2016, 04:21 PM
That's good to hear! Also putting "RE1" map to game is possible? It's really good map also its one of best custom Sven Co-op map.

Solokiller
31-01-2016, 04:29 PM
RE1 contains a lot of copyrighted material, so we can never make it an official map. If the map is broken, let us know and we'll see if there's anything we can do about it.

tenyuhuang
01-02-2016, 07:22 PM
We've moved some maps to map packs. They'll be released soon, with updates made to maps to fix some issues and improve balance.

I wonder if it's OKAY to ask, since Sven Co-op has always seems to me a "done when it's done" style - does the 4.0 map pack have a TBD? Thanks.

S. H. Lynx
01-02-2016, 10:07 PM
Removing vger was probably the worst decision ever.

nico
02-02-2016, 02:25 AM
It is not removed, it will be updated and released in a map pack like the other 4.8 Maps. And hopefully we see all mappacks on the sven coop files page fixed.

wolf-3d
02-02-2016, 08:29 AM
I wonder if it's OKAY to ask, since Sven Co-op has always seems to me a "done when it's done" style - does the 4.0 map pack have a TBD? Thanks.

We thought it was done two weeks ago, BUT we then ran the various map packs against "internal servers" for a week of saturation testing while we looked for problems. Testing showed a number of model, pathing, other entity glitches and some map crashes etc. which we are now correcting. (These fixes will require retesting at the very least and possibly the the whole map pack again because, of course SC 5.00 has been patched to SC 5.01 in the meantime.)
We are "closer but still on Valve time".

EDIT: The aim of this particular test was mainly server stability, This does not mean that the map packs will be "totally bug free" just that we are reasonably confident that the map pack runs okay on a well set up server without crashing on map rotation.