PDA

View Full Version : Problem to add Blue Shift and Opposing Force to Sven Co-op

FilleMang
02-02-2016, 09:15 AM
Hello!

First, it's great to see this classic mod as a standalone on Steam. Great work!

I have installed Sven Co-op, Half-Life, Half-Life: Blue Shift, and Half-Life: Opposing Force in Steam on my Windows 7 system.

All of them are installed into:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common

But when I try to run "Install_bshift_Support.bat" I receive "ERROR: Blue Shift support installation files not found!"
If I try to run "Install_OpFor_Support.bat" I receive "ERROR: Opposing Force support installation files not found!"

Checked the script and found this command:
CALL FindHLDirectory.bat szHLDir

I figure this bat file is used to find the location of the files. So I checked "FindHLDirectory.bat" that seems to search for "ModInstallPath" in ""HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam""
So I checked that location and could't find any "ModInstallPath".

How do I solve this problem?

Feedback on this method for adding Blue Shift and Opposing Force to Sven Co-op:
I feel like this is something that could be solved inside Steam without the use of external bat files in the future? Just like the donor bonus could be and DLC inside Steam.

Thanks for a great mod and a lot of laughs with my friends!

FilleMang
02-02-2016, 05:21 PM
Used a work-around to solve this problem for me.[1]

Changed
CALL FindHLDirectory.bat szHLDir
into
set "szHLDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life"
In both BAT files.
Tested OK

My suggestion for a quick and dirty solution would be to promt the user for his or hers Half-Life installation path.

[1] Found here: http://forums.svencoop.com/showthread.php/42953-5-0-FindHLDirectory-Opposing-Force-and-Blue-Shift-Errors

Solokiller
02-02-2016, 06:32 PM
We're planning to replace the scripts with a program that asks Steam for the install location. If that fails, ask the user.