PDA

View Full Version : Mapcycle / nextmap / timelimit_empty behaviour

nico
03-02-2016, 04:51 AM
So there is the new mp_timelimit_empty, which is cool but apperantly it uses mp_nextmap and not mp_nextmap_cycle which would be better, otherwise people can join in the middle of a map series.

Also I have a suggestion: Add mp_nextmap_cycle_random 0/1 Which chooses a random map as mp_nextmap_cycle instead of cycling straight through the file. Better than having a cronjob which randomizes the mapcycle.txt on a daily basis :P

AdamR
03-02-2016, 08:47 AM
Bad use of mp_nextmap is the map's fault mind. I would have deprecated it a while ago if it weren't for so many maps still using it.

The randomiser is something I long wanted too. Essentially I want to port my AMXX next map plug-in to the game core, if approved by the rest of the team.

nico
03-02-2016, 08:57 AM
Bad use of mp_nextmap is the map's fault mind. I would have deprecated it a while ago if it weren't for so many maps still using it.

The randomiser is something I long wanted too. Essentially I want to port my AMXX next map plug-in to the game core, if approved by the rest of the team.
Regarding the "nextmap" setting in map.cfg: Don't remove this. As you said there are too many maps using this and I still fix up some map series where the bsp does not trigger the correct next map by manually setting this in map.cfg.

I don't see any problems in using mp_nextmap_cycle instead of mp_nextmap when the server is empty and mp_timelimit_empty runs out, that should be a quick and useful fix in the code.