PDA

View Full Version : FPS problem?

Darkassassin198
03-02-2016, 06:26 PM
I have had 0 FPS problems with sven when it first came out to today but now i'm having trouble with it as my fps is somehow locked to 30 making everything weird and really strange to look around as if I have 1 fps or something, but when I set the video quality to low or make the screen resolution smaller (haven't tried larger) It's 100% fine 60 or higher fps.

I have no clue if this is due to me installing AOMDC for sven or something but it's really strange.

BlackShadowX
03-02-2016, 09:42 PM
Well since Sven Coop 5.0 optimized bad we have to wait them to update game. I'm also having huge FPS drop on crystal map.

_L1pE_
03-02-2016, 11:04 PM
When looking at the center area of the start of Crystal I get 10fps loss and stay at 50 fps, and the movement becomes really jerky. I also get 10 fps loss when looking at the police car through the door at the start of They23 down the ladder but no jerky movement. There was one spot where I got 30 fps by looking at it, but don't remember now which map and location. I run GTA V and KF2 at 60fps so this is really weird.

Darkassassin198
03-02-2016, 11:05 PM
When looking at the center area of the start of Crystal I get 10fps loss and stay at 50 fps, and the movement becomes really jerky. I also get 10 fps loss when looking at the police car through the door at the start of They23 down the ladder but no jerky movement. There was one spot where I got 30 fps by looking at it, but don't remember now which map and location. I run GTA V and KF2 at 60fps so this is really weird.

Mine is just the FPS is stuck at 30 or lower and the only way to raise it is by playing on a smaller screen res or by playing low video mode.

JPolito
04-02-2016, 01:24 AM
SvenCoop 5.0 is full bugs but developers not cares. They only thinking problems because of our PC. (For Devs) Well while you testing it if it worked for you that doesn't mean It'll be same for us too. Well SC ruined after 3.0 i believe.

The best thing you can do is post bug reports on the bug report forum (http://forums.svencoop.com/forumdisplay.php/232-Bug-Reports-Feedback-amp-Tech-Support), instead of posting misguided and uninformed claims about how we don't care and don't notice the bugs that only you experience. The worst thing that you can do is not tell us about a problem you're experiencing with the game, and then expect us to know that it exists.

Nih
04-02-2016, 01:35 AM
The fps issue is well known however. It is due to poor opengl support in some modern graphics cards, and seems to also affect other goldsource engine games. I get terrible fps in counter-strike when smoke grenades are thrown for example, and I see many people complaining about the same issue in-game. We plan to do something about this in time, but it's actually quite a gargantuan task.

I recently tested using r_dynamic 0 in quarter and it seemed to give a massive improvement. In quarter there is a flickering red light, and whenever it changes state, my game almost freezes. After setting r_dynamic 0 (and removing dynamic lights) my fps became smooth. So that's something to try out.

recon224
04-02-2016, 01:39 AM
I recently tested using r_dynamic 0 in quarter and it seemed to give a massive improvement. In quarter there is a flickering red light, and whenever it changes state, my game almost freezes. After setting r_dynamic 0 (and removing dynamic lights) my fps became smooth. So that's something to try out.

This helps a lot. Whenever I have fps issues I just set r_dynamic to 0 and most of the time it goes away. It only becomes a nuisance when I need to use my flashlight but still better than nothing.

BlackShadowX
04-02-2016, 05:36 AM
The best thing you can do is post bug reports on the bug report forum (http://forums.svencoop.com/forumdisplay.php/232-Bug-Reports-Feedback-amp-Tech-Support), instead of posting misguided and uninformed claims about how we don't care and don't notice the bugs that only you experience. The worst thing that you can do is not tell us about a problem you're experiencing with the game, and then expect us to know that it exists.

Deleted...

_L1pE_
04-02-2016, 05:38 AM
The fps issue is well known however. It is due to poor opengl support in some modern graphics cards, and seems to also affect other goldsource engine games. I get terrible fps in counter-strike when smoke grenades are thrown for example, and I see many people complaining about the same issue in-game. We plan to do something about this in time, but it's actually quite a gargantuan task.

Thanks for the info, will try it out.

Darkassassin198
04-02-2016, 06:37 PM

I ask do you know why my sven is dropping FPS even though before it was fine?