PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated Server not working after Pc crash

General_Pacman
06-02-2016, 03:11 PM
Hey everyone.

So, a few hours ago i got a blue screen error while playing on my dedicated server. Once i booted up the pc again, when i start the server i keep getting this message: "Setmaster unavailable, start a server first". Anyone knows why is this happening?

Thanks for reading.

AdamR
06-02-2016, 03:20 PM
That happens because you've started a server without running a map. You either need to use the "map" command to start a map, or specify a map in your launch parameters as "+map mapname".

General_Pacman
06-02-2016, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the quick answer!

I just tried selecting a map when starting the server, but instead of getting that error, i get an instant app crash (svends.exe stopped working). This happens when picking a map before starting a server, when using the +map parameter, and also if i try to change maps once the server is already on.
My best guess is that some of my files got corrupted because of the blue screen crash. Maybe a steam repair/reinstall can fix it? I would prefer not to do that, but I dont have any more ideas :/

AdamR
06-02-2016, 06:51 PM
Are you using the graphical or console mode? If you use the console mode (-console switch) you can also use the -condebug switch. This should give you a very verbose dated log file in the, to which I'd be surprised if the reason didn't appear in that.

P.s. boss avatar

cscarlet
07-02-2016, 08:13 AM
If you got a BSOD have you checked to see what caused it?
As you mention yes get Steam to validate your files.