PDA

View Full Version : How to install Blue shift HD pack?

PancakeMSTR
09-02-2016, 11:38 PM
Hey,
So I want to play Half-Life in classic mode, but with the Blue-Shift HD-Pack. I recall it being a fairly simple process installing the pack on standalone half life or OpFor (e.g., just placing the contents of models, sprites, and sounds from BS into corresponding HL or OpFor folders), but in the case of Sven coop I'm not sure where to put these files. Could someone help me out?

Thanks.

19941994ra
10-02-2016, 12:22 AM
Can't actually recommend this, models in Sven are HD already (lot better that the BS pack)but they have new animations, weapons and stuff. Which you won't able to see the animations and every npc will be buggy.

PancakeMSTR
10-02-2016, 01:21 PM
Can't actually recommend this, models in Sven are HD already (lot better that the BS pack)but they have new animations, weapons and stuff. Which you won't able to see the animations and every npc will be buggy.

Ya I don't really like the weapons added by SVEN, and I prefer the HD pack guns.

Anyway to just replace the submachine gun and shotgun model (and sounds)? That would be sufficient for me. Like I said, just not sure which files to replace.

19941994ra
10-02-2016, 02:39 PM
Ya I don't really like the weapons added by SVEN, and I prefer the HD pack guns.

Anyway to just replace the submachine gun and shotgun model (and sounds)? That would be sufficient for me. Like I said, just not sure which files to replace.

That should be ok, i don't remember the smg model name, it was a bit tricky. You should change models that start with w_ v_ in this case: v_shotgun.mdl w_shotgun.mdl w_shotgunt.mdl (i'm not sure which one is the smg you gonna have to try) sounds are inside weapons folder normally they use the bullet name for the sound so sshell1 2 & 3 .wav should be what you're looking for. And for the smg sound use hks1 2 & 3 .wav

Sjas
10-02-2016, 09:49 PM
There are special packs to be found specifically tailored for svencoop. I think this is exactly what you're looking for http://forums.svencoop.com/showthread.php/42914-Pack-HD-Pack-hands-and-weapons-for-Sven-Co-op-5-0.