PDA

View Full Version : Akimbo Uzi / Weapons bug

K-Mac
10-02-2016, 10:14 PM
I will try to obtain screenshots in the future but I keep missing the opportunity...I am not sure if these bugs are related but they are similar so I am posting these together.

First, maps that have akimbo uzi weapons to pick up (IE 2 uzis on the ground) you walk over it and only one is picked up. I am still trying to figure out if this is map specific or a general bug, but I will try to be more specific when I find out.

Second, in some, seemingly random, incidents I attempt to pick up weapons dropped by dead players and I cant pick them up. I stand on them, use them, no luck. Most times this deals with uzi( or second uzi) but this will happen with other weapons. Sometimes I am able to wait and pick it up eventually... very strange bug. I don't see this being an issue like ammo being empty because of how frequently it happens.

Other than that, so far great work on the current release.

- K-Mac

S. H. Lynx
10-02-2016, 10:18 PM
15 seconds to pick up a dead player's weapon, and then, only with USE.

Solokiller
11-02-2016, 04:07 AM
First, maps that have akimbo uzi weapons to pick up (IE 2 uzis on the ground) you walk over it and only one is picked up. I am still trying to figure out if this is map specific or a general bug, but I will try to be more specific when I find out.

Which maps have you experienced this on?

Also, the pickup delay for weapons dropped by dying players is 30 seconds, not 15.

K-Mac
11-02-2016, 10:18 AM
Which maps have you experienced this on?

I will check this tonight and post back. I will have to check on an official map. I just read that a map having both weapon_uzi and weapon_uziakimbo is not supported. So I will try to get you one tonight.

Also, the pickup delay for weapons dropped by dying players is 30 seconds, not 15.

Thank you guys for this information. I am used to an older version where pick up was immediate.

S. H. Lynx
11-02-2016, 10:29 AM
BTW, Akimbos and Normal uzi are now merged in a single weapon, so you may see the "single Uzi" weapon.

AdamR
11-02-2016, 03:40 PM
^ That actually helped fix a ton of issues with the Uzi. Free reloading was one of them. :)

K-Mac
14-02-2016, 10:06 PM
yeah, i havent forgotten, but i cannot find where i had this error. I suppose it is a non issue and more related to dropped weapons. if i find anything else, i will update.

K-Mac
26-02-2016, 06:41 PM
I apologize about the double post but, I actually found similar to what i was talking about and made a demo of it!

in sc_tetris3, one of the later spawns where an uzi is available in spawn and an uzi akimbo is available as a "secret" area accessed by explosives. If you pick up the uzi, it makes you wait to pick up the second one. My initial report MAY have been this, but i figured this to be odd behavior. I attached the demo.