PDA

View Full Version : Client Side Download Speeds SLOW

Ratman_84
13-02-2016, 07:45 PM
Every time I have to download a map from a server, regardless of server, the download speed is excruciatingly slow. Most of these levels, including sounds and textures, are under 15mb so I don't know why it takes 20-30 minutes to download them. My down speed is 50mbps. Typically I just hop on the Sven Coop Map Database and grab it, but some of these maps aren't on there. Right now I'm waiting 8 minutes to download a wav file for a map that's probably not more than a few hundred kilobytes. Are all Sven Coop servers defaulted to limit the client download speed to a super low speed, or do I need to do something on my end? Just annoying to wait so long to download such small maps for an older game. Half the time the players finish the map and trigger the level change before I can even get in.

S. H. Lynx
13-02-2016, 08:07 PM
Depends if the server has a Fast Downloads server.

General rule is: Is the Sven Co-op background visible when you're downloading stuff? You're using a FastDL server.

Ratman_84
13-02-2016, 10:11 PM
Hmm. I finally got into the server. Admin was in there and said he had fast download on. I guess that pushes the download to a Dropbox link. He said it was only 11mb. But it took about 25 minutes for me to get it. I'll keep an eye out for the Sven Coop background.

CryoKeen
14-02-2016, 12:51 AM
I do not think you can use dropbox as a fastdl site. Can you?

AdamR
14-02-2016, 06:42 AM
^ Only if dropbox can provide a raw directory listing, which I doubt it can.

BlackShadowX
14-02-2016, 11:50 AM
^ Only if dropbox can provide a raw directory listing, which I doubt it can.

DropBox was geting used for FastDL but they closed this now like 000webhost.com

Anyway im hosting my FastDL myself. You can also do that.

You can do this by using WAMP server with 80 Port open. :)