PDA

View Full Version : Fixed: Blue Shift and Opposing Force support broken

Uncle Joe Stalin
14-02-2016, 03:25 PM
The steps for adding these DLCs to Sven Co-op did not work for me and I found out why.

The FindHLDirectory.bat file for whatever reason was pointing to the wrong Half-Life directory:
Incorrect directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\mysteamaccount\half-life
Correct directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life

I found the directory it was pointing to by changing the last lines of FindHLDirectory.bat to what is below and ran the batch file:

ECHO %RETURNVALUE%
PAUSE
ENDLOCAL&SET %~1=%RETURNVALUE%

I'm not sure what was inside the incorrect directory, but it existed; I deleted that folder as it was not where my copy of Half-Life was actually installed. After running the batch file again, I found that it still pointed to the wrong directory. I changed the last lines to:

set "RETURNVALUE=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life"
ENDLOCAL&SET %~1=%RETURNVALUE%

After saving those changes, I was able to run Install_bshift_Support.bat and InstallOpFor_Support.bat correctly; I don't know how to program batch files so I can't really find out what was wrong, but my reverse engineering worked. I now have support for these DLC. :)

bakerleo
20-09-2017, 04:47 AM
If your installer don't found the files of your games you can try that to fix it http://forums.svencoop.com/showthread.php/43331-Fixed-Blue-Shift-and-Opposing-Force-support-broken

joshh
23-11-2017, 02:00 AM
Every frame would be so dense that we would need a slideshow to fully appreciate them.