PDA

View Full Version : A bug in intruder.

[CHN]iAmZC
17-02-2016, 07:32 AM
http://forums.svencoop.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16929&stc=1http://forums.svencoop.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16928&stc=1
When I shoot here with gauss, the scientist will die, then door won't open.
*It's an accident, not horseplay!
*No sv_cheats 1, Gauss is in a room with hidden entrance.

nico
17-02-2016, 07:59 AM
The map cfg probably lacks mp_npckill 0 or 2.

BlueSpark
17-02-2016, 03:25 PM
Just don't do that then! Problem solved. If you deliberately kill a critical NPC in any game, you must expect failure. Even HL2 had it.

nico
17-02-2016, 06:15 PM
Just don't do that then! Problem solved. If you deliberately kill a critical NPC in any game, you must expect failure. Even HL2 had it.

I think maps with critical NPCs should have npckill by players disabled. It is not really amusing if one player ruins a map for the 20 others on the server.

Lt.JC
18-02-2016, 04:22 AM
I think maps with critical NPCs should have npckill by players disabled. It is not really amusing if one player ruins a map for the 20 others on the server.

Agreed. I guess in this case it was just an oversight because this is a very special situation that wouldn't normally come up. The gauss gun is a secret weapon in this map where only like 5% of all svencoop players even know how to get it, then many people don't know that the secondary fire can shoot through walls. Also you normally don't shoot at scientists for no reason :p

And last but not least there are no other important NPC's in this map except for him because the door only opens when the scientists sequence ends.

So in other words normally that wouldn't happen and I guess Turrican or whoever didn't foresee that :D

BlueSpark
19-02-2016, 12:37 PM
Yep, if you're smart enough to get the gauss, and to know alt-fire penetrates thin walls, you should also know not to use it to randomly kill NPCs who are clearly engaged in a script! Especially if you are stuck at a locked door.. xD