PDA

View Full Version : hl_c13_a2 - Flow Wheels

Nevermore2790
23-02-2016, 06:38 AM
In the Flow Control part of the map, only one wheel works, the other doesn't do anything (doesn't raise the water). Therefore, this makes the map requiring more players to finish this map...

nico
23-02-2016, 06:48 AM
In the Flow Control part of the map, only one wheel works, the other doesn't do anything (doesn't raise the water). Therefore, this makes the map requiring more players to finish this map...

It's Sven Co-op.

Nevermore2790
23-02-2016, 07:00 AM
I was wondering this since the conversion is vanilla style with a little Sven Coop experience. From what I see, only one wheel works to raise the water (the other does not -- the other wheel will raise the water even more), and it cannot reach the ladder...?? This part will be very questioning because there is some kind of bug like this in the original Half-Life if you turn on two wheels after each second, the water doesn't raise up to the ladder (if I can remember) (as if only one wheel was recognized)...

BlueSpark
23-02-2016, 07:32 AM
In Sven Co-op, typically, wherever there are 2 controls for a function it's fair to assume that 2 players need to use the controls at once, or if a player can't reach high enough, then 2 players + boost is required etc. etc.

Nevermore2790
23-02-2016, 07:47 AM
Still can't answer that yet... Even I think 2 players have this less probability to get that high (if not done right -- well it's 80% can happen since it's boosting in water)..

JPolito
23-02-2016, 07:51 AM
It's not supposed to be a co-op puzzle. I have the system set up so that the valves are locked while the water is in motion to prevent this very issue. Did you try the other valve when the water stopped rising?

Nevermore2790
23-02-2016, 08:03 AM
Yeah, the other wheel won't do its role. :)

JPolito
23-02-2016, 08:17 AM
I'm sure no one will notice if I just... delete this map.

Nevermore2790
23-02-2016, 08:19 AM
Don't.... do..... it ...... because this area is part of the map with activating the pumps to flood the reactor.....

Lt.JC
23-02-2016, 08:49 AM
I'm sure no one will notice if I just... delete this map.

Heh frustrating bug this is eh? XD

And yes this bug is also in the original Half-Life. It just seems to be harder to fix than one would assume ^^

Maybe if you do it in a way that the water doesn't rise until both valves are opened it's more failsafe? Who cares if it rises in 2 "levels" or "segments" whatever you wanna call it. Also the valve's should be locked until both pumps have been activated and probably be only useable once.

Nevermind if it kinda works like that it's been a while since I played the map in sven :p